UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

IDOC timings change

crikey

Sorceror
I vote YES to random IDoC times.

Only because I don't do IDOCS, I'm a miserable son of a bitch, and I want others to experience WOE

Smokeuog

Sorceror
This threads gonna get trammed anyway but I think randomizing it would be epic lol most idocers don't bother anymore. or they join the holy zerglings lol those guys got 24/7 timers and will bring 10 guys to your 1....

glyph1c

Sorceror
sounds like a classic case of not factoring in the phase of the moon and the subsequent tidal change, daylight saving hours and server downtime

robbie trieble

Sorceror
they should make it more like an hour random fall period that cant be timed to create alot more action not just holy poping in last minute and takin it over

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Yep it would only need to be randomized in the final stage and would prevent zerg guilds from easy mode idocing and force them to use some strategy and skill ;)

White Lotus

Sorceror
to be real all that would do in the end is make it so no one on the shard would care about idocing at all anymore and countless houses would fall without anyone being there. no one is gonna sit at idocs for 24 hours. the reason knowing the times idocs are gonna fall is good is because people know when and were to meet up and do battle instead of just going to del pond. this thread just seems like a bunch of complainers who are to lazy to time idocs and keep a guild together. honestly we have had so many good battles at idocs due to other guilds knowing the time its gonna fall. without that none of those guilds would have cared to show up at all and people would just ghost them and wait for them to fall. would kill idoc pvp in the end.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
when your at a big idoc and you got a few guilds battling it out and everyone knows there's like 20 mins left on the house to fall, pvp gets turned up to a whole new level. people get desperate, they get bold, crazy things happen. the opposite of a place like say.. DEL pond.

were we not supposed to get rid of the pond anyway? what happened to that sign? who put that there anyway?? :eek: ahahahaaa :rolleyes:

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Only people who would probably stop idocing is maybe you guys because your easy mode sure thing would be a thing of the past lol I haven't actively idoced in years so really I don't care either way but I think it's sad watching holys numbers roll in on a new player watching a 7x7 idoc or some shit lol seen it happen enough its just sad.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
Only people who would probably stop idocing is maybe you guys because your easy mode sure thing would be a thing of the past lol I haven't actively idoced in years so really I don't care either way but I think it's sad watching holys numbers roll in on a new player watching a 7x7 idoc or some shit lol seen it happen enough its just sad.

well holy is an IDOC guild so its only natural we control them.

Just like im sure if some noob wanders into Del pond they will prob get railed by a group of bola taming turks and be shown no mercy. The map is big, dungeons are empty, 75% of T2A is empty. new players don't have to go to IDOCS... they have plenty of options.

and honestly, I think we do a good job of balancing it all out tho anyway with all the various events we put on. I don't see many other guilds or people on here doing stuff for the community on a weekly basis. I could be wrong tho.. :D

Smokeuog

Sorceror
LOL maybe because holy members make up a vast chunk of the active population. Hence the word zerg. To each his own..

well holy is an IDOC guild so its only natural we control them.

Just like im sure if some noob wanders into Del pond they will prob get railed by a group of bola taming turks and be shown no mercy. The map is big, dungeons are empty, 75% of T2A is empty. new players don't have to go to IDOCS... they have plenty of options.

and honestly, I think we do a good job of balancing it all out tho anyway with all the various events we put on. I don't see many other guilds or people on here doing stuff for the community on a weekly basis. I could be wrong tho.. :D

I never had a problem with Holy. They put on good events, n the fact they put them on regularly....awesomeness.

BACK ON TOPIC....I have no Idea. But randomizing fall time is a good idea. But theres lotsa good ideas then dont leave the thread, like this one.

corytoneill

Sorceror
I think that one the house sign says In Danger Of Collapsing it should have an hour timer on it. So lets say u are just wandering and find an idoc you would wanna stay because u know it is going to drop soon. That would make people look around for idocs more. Just my opinion. I know this is never going to happen

amtothepm

Knight
when your at a big idoc and you got a few guilds battling it out and everyone knows there's like 20 mins left on the house to fall, pvp gets turned up to a whole new level. people get desperate, they get bold, crazy things happen. the opposite of a place like say.. DEL pond.

were we not supposed to get rid of the pond anyway? what happened to that sign? who put that there anyway?? :eek: ahahahaaa :rolleyes:

thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Smokeuog

Sorceror
thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
But if idoc phases were randomized anywhere from an hour to 25 hours.. You would have chaos for possibly hours instead of just the tail end and nobody would know when it was falling.. I don't see why thad be a problem unless your holy lol

are easy wins really that fun? I love uo bc of the risk vs reward aspect.. Take that out and wtf do u have.

amtothepm

Knight
But if idoc phases were randomized anywhere from an hour to 25 hours.. You would have chaos for possibly hours instead of just the tail end and nobody would know when it was falling.. I don't see why thad be a problem unless your holy lol

are easy wins really that fun? I love uo bc of the risk vs reward aspect.. Take that out and wtf do u have.

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! good comment!