UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

i'd be willing to bring fight night back

What is your opinion on this?

• I would support fight night by attending and want Flipper to host it on Superfun Community Island

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • I would support fight night by attending but think that it should be hosted at a neutral location.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • My guild and I would constantly gank the fuck out of it and try to ruin it like last time

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I like the idea, but have some important input that I am putting in a constructive, easily read post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have an opinion but can't stop myself from voting on every poll

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Endity

Sorceror
Don't give up Flipper. I miss the days of playing with you and being apart of cool events. This server needs stuff like this. It needs people to step up and get people playing again. There is so much hate between people its unreal. We just need to set this shit aside and get some fair fights going on. Its not about ganking 24/7(I mean it can be fun) but it gets old. We need more competitive action going on and I will help you in any way get this going. Aim-Rijust

tbh if flipper wont. i will. i have multiple 18x18s in nice spots and easy to find. I can customize an arena in and have events. if people wanna come in there is a 10k fee to watch to help generate more prize money. but mostly just be 2v2 up to 5v5. if need be i have a few private islands that can be used for the larger scale fights. prizes from just my money would be 250-500k depending on the number of players involved. 2v2s being the 250k prize plus any viewer fees collected. 5v5s being 500k plus viewer fees.

mine is more of an event than a pvp night. i think he involved more guild vs guild style fights. but i just dont see that working out being in random locations with the nature of the mass majority liking to gank people.

grape-soda

Sorceror
I'm down and I know Folken would play too....I think this is a pretty good idea. I mean we might as well try and get something going while we still have a few ppl that pvp. This server won't last much longer the way it is imo.

mattang

Wanderer
tbh if flipper wont. i will. i have multiple 18x18s in nice spots and easy to find. I can customize an arena in and have events. if people wanna come in there is a 10k fee to watch to help generate more prize money. but mostly just be 2v2 up to 5v5. if need be i have a few private islands that can be used for the larger scale fights. prizes from just my money would be 250-500k depending on the number of players involved. 2v2s being the 250k prize plus any viewer fees collected. 5v5s being 500k plus viewer fees.

mine is more of an event than a pvp night. i think he involved more guild vs guild style fights. but i just dont see that working out being in random locations with the nature of the mass majority liking to gank people.
fight night never cost money for anyone to enter i can understand having a reward every once in a while but for a casual fight night we done need entrance fees no reason to get all jewy no offense

you didnt really read my post. there is no jewy moves being made. all the money is for the prize. like i said its an event. i look at it like a real fight night. you pay to watch the fight. the winner takes home the prize. only difference im not making anything i just get to sit and enjoy like all the others.

most of your posts seem to just entice some form of arguement. which i guess worked in me defending myself to a retard who doesnt really know how to read. i guess all those who read things through and then use some form of intellect will understand and take what i said for what it is.

mattang

Wanderer
you didnt really read my post. there is no jewy moves being made. all the money is for the prize. like i said its an event. i look at it like a real fight night. you pay to watch the fight. the winner takes home the prize. only difference im not making anything i just get to sit and enjoy like all the others.

most of your posts seem to just entice some form of arguement. which i guess worked in me defending myself to a retard who doesnt really know how to read. i guess all those who read things through and then use some form of intellect will understand and take what i said for what it is.
no i got what your saying not really trying to argue with you or attack you in any way im just saying its stupid to have a reward fight night isnt a tournament there should be no winner in the end just people having fun im sorry you took it as me trying to argue with you i guess anyone having an opinion about something would be an argument if the other person disagrees

but dude you go host fight night or a tournament be the saving grace for this cunt of a shard i honestly dont give a shit im just bored and speaking my mind about a game thats been raped by ea.

I would be down for this as i mostly solo, but i play some strange hours to the tune of 4am to 7am eastern standard time and only a few days a week at that, so my lack of consistency would likely not result in much help.

I think we all wish the days in UO were people would let their own guild mate die to a 1v1 field fight but we all also know those days to be gone forever, unless you have the same guild mate i do, he on a consistant basis lets me die (to ganks) and every once in a while his " i got a heal coming" ends up being a mis clicked ebolt

Death To You

Sorceror
I don't think their should be a fee :/. Would be nice if their was some form of reward for the winner tho. Maybe some rich people could pitch in or it be optional?

I don't think their should be a fee :/. Would be nice if their was some form of reward for the winner tho. Maybe some rich people could pitch in or it be optional?

I never asked for a fee even though i would give out 500-2mil in prizes. like i said before i will donate as long as 15+ people join

Incubasfan1413 did.

O i mean i never have asked for a fee in the past but still gave out cash prizes. I only quit because it started to slack on how many people would show up. pretty much got to the point where it just wasnt worth it. If we could get 15-25 or so people to join i would be willing to start doing events again myself. donating free regs/kegs or even gold prizes

i dont think ill be doing any type of events for people. i can see why staff does less and less of them. you cant seem to make people happy. i offered to do something and people just say no because of one aspect. i only said a fee for the spectators. which is more than fair. ive never been to a fight irl i didnt pay to see unless it was 2 drunk men going to town. im not trying to profit i just want to keep it going as long as possible. my money wont run as thin as quickly if i supplement it with spectator fees. but its fine. i dont plan to do any type of event anytime soon.

the events i will do in the future will prob be more along the lines of the ones i did before. i think listening to the little people bitch has just turned me away from caring. kinda sad to think i try to help and all anyone does is complain.

oh how i do not envy you STAFF.

mattang

Wanderer
i dont think ill be doing any type of events for people. i can see why staff does less and less of them. you cant seem to make people happy. i offered to do something and people just say no because of one aspect. i only said a fee for the spectators. which is more than fair. ive never been to a fight irl i didnt pay to see unless it was 2 drunk men going to town. im not trying to profit i just want to keep it going as long as possible. my money wont run as thin as quickly if i supplement it with spectator fees. but its fine. i dont plan to do any type of event anytime soon.

the events i will do in the future will prob be more along the lines of the ones i did before. i think listening to the little people bitch has just turned me away from caring. kinda sad to think i try to help and all anyone does is complain.

oh boo hoo

Mara

Knight

Your events were great. At the end of the day, if you can make a person smile even for a short while, you're probably doing something really cool out there. I know you made at least a few people really happy to have attended your events.

I don't see anything wrong with fees, buy-ins, or really anything the imagination can come up with. Everything is fair game as long as things are on the up and up. Hard to find people that everyone really trusts though.

A lot of my take on things as far as whether people are good or bad comes down to whether they play and act in a manner that increases or decreases the shard's population in the long-term. You can do all sorts of things out there, even dastardly ones, but still keep people coming back for more, or you can push them away from the game permanently.

Kind of wish the GMs had a bit more leeway to do events that were interesting for all player types, or get Ryan and Mark involved at least a couple times a week. Would really help things out a lot to get some more involvement. I think people like having them around even when they are telling people to go screw.

mattang

Wanderer
just to clarify i didnt hate the idea blacksheep had i was just saying its not a fight night its a tournament its a good idea im just particular about shit