UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

HYBRID PLATE

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
upload_2015-3-7_17-13-34.png

I think I hurt somebodies feelings

@Vizeroth

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Hurt my feelings? lol. People in this game are so very bad at reading others. No, we're just kindred sadists who have finally been united. He may have the advantage with his Republican bent, though.

Whiskey River

Sorceror
Hybrid armor, while more fragile than normal armor, is overpowered in that it has the highest AR in the game and is extremely difficult to obtain. How much that matters is debatable (and you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

When changes are made in real life (e.g., due to laws) there often exists a grandfather clause because the option of stripping people of something they invested in to accommodate the new law is often worse than what the law is trying to accomplish. It should be clear how the two situations are analogous. The effect of Hybrid plate on PVP is overstated to the point of hyperbole, both because of its rarity and because AR often doesn't matter, and any AR beyond a certain amount is often useless even when AR is relevant. It isn't worth robbing those who invested in it just to effect a small change in PVP.

Is it really a small change; if it is often useless than who cares about it and who would even care to invest the time to get it or furthermore keep it anyway? There wouldn't be such a debate if it was not useful.

To me I would probably draw a connection to when the government takes private property, they usually have to reimburse the owner some how.

Wait....

Off topic here, but didn't the emancipation proclamation allow the government to have the largest taking of private property ever. This taking was with no remedy given to the people who owned the property.

Guidoglop

Wanderer
Is it really a small change; if it is often useless than who cares about it and who would even care to invest the time to get it or furthermore keep it anyway? There wouldn't be such a debate if it was not useful.

To me I would probably draw a connection to when the government takes private property, they usually have to reimburse the owner some how.

Wait....

Off topic here, but didn't the emancipation proclamation allow the government to have the largest taking of private property ever. This taking was with no remedy given to the people who owned the property.
He can't even say it makes no difference I have asked every dexxer active except genocide And most run 30 to 45 intellect and at 45 intellect that gives you 80 Dex without any pvp items greater strength ringmail will drop your Dex 5 I believe not sure this is off the top head and about 50 ish armor and yet genocide with no Dex loss and tons of pots and gheals kills me without difficulty ( I also have gheals wands) before I made it 2 screens to my home after I noticed he was wrecking me like I was his mom's ass hole.

But hybrid armor and a valorite blessed weapon aren't op my bad

amtothepm

Knight
He can't even say it makes no difference I have asked every dexxer active except genocide And most run 30 to 45 intellect and at 45 intellect that gives you 80 Dex without any pvp items greater strength ringmail will drop your Dex 5 I believe not sure this is off the top head and about 50 ish armor and yet genocide with no Dex loss and tons of pots and gheals kills me without difficulty ( I also have gheals wands) before I made it 2 screens to my home after I noticed he was wrecking me like I was his mom's ass hole.

But hybrid armor and a valorite blessed weapon aren't op my bad

T_T

Vizeroth

Sorceror
There wouldn't be such a debate if it was not useful.
That's like saying there wouldn't be a debate in Nazi Germany about the subhuman nature of Jews if there wasn't truth to it. You're worse than Hitler if you want to remove Hybrid plate.

Is it really a small change; if it is often useless than who cares about it and who would even care to invest the time to get it or furthermore keep it anyway?
A suit of invul armor sells for 100k at most. For the sake of argument, let's say that each piece of the suit is worth the same amount, making the invul helm worth about 16.6k, which means that a Helm of Insight is worth at least 600 times an invul helm. Clearly the +4 stat boost the Helm of Insight provides isn't 600 times better than an invul helm, yet people still "invest the time to get it," because it is in most cases a best-in-slot item. Does any of this sound familiar? People will pay a huge premium for slight increases in power because such options are limited in UO.

And by "property" you mean "human slaves who were freed from rebelling states during a war." Super analogous scenario, brah.

Last edited:

KoNNaN

Knight
Ah good point sir. So, by your logic, if assault rifles were fully banned all those who own them will be allowed to keep them? I mean they are the most powerful yet they were extremely difficult to obtain already. How much that matters is debatable (you can go read the arguments that have already been made).

@GM Francis liked your post, which is actually kinda cool though I couldn't disagree more. At least I can I see the direction this shard is going for the first time in 2 months. Too bad nobody will take a public stand and make an actual thread announcing whether they are staying/going/being reintroduced. Clarity is scarce around these parts.

That's a horrible comparison. I can't tell if you are serious but you do know that's exactly how it works right? Such as... Pre-ban machine guns (fully auto) are legal to own and transfer to someone else.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
That's a horrible comparison. I can't tell if you are serious but you do know that's exactly how it works right? Such as... Pre-ban machine guns (fully auto) are legal to own and transfer to someone else.
that was a troll, sir.

sorry didn't mean to fret your freedom, there are no holes in the UO market for new hybrid armor to enter the market at the moment. such is the case with post 1986 assault rifles and the black market. I do appreciate your patriotism and knowledge of law, am a little disappointed it took this long for someone to catch that :>