UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

how do thieves steal covered item?

Paracelsus

Sorceror
No. The best way is to use a box and use magic lock on the box that once your items are inside.

I am lazy to do this.
But, when I did it, I usually brought with 2 tinker boxes. Drop a few reagents inside them as bait. Move them to cover the real box when out of town. It is funny to listen "what the fuck" in ghost language after the thief is blown up.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Keys work but yea like paracelsus said they are easily stolen but if u use a small box magic unlock serves the same purpose only downside is u can't equip items from the box while locked only really good for pots/regs and I think Bandaids work fine in a locked box but it's been a while...

Now.. If you Wana have some fun and have a gm tinker... Put a greater explode trap on the box. Lock it with the key to enable the trap then magic unlock the box.. You can open it no problem but if ANYONE tries to snoop it they are instantly killed lol totally un survivable fun.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
For the tinker box, you can keep the box in the unlock state. No need magic unlock. Just use key is okay. Snooping will trigger the explosion. It is pretty fun especially a pvp thief trigger the white screen. :p

EDIT: Poison tinker box is also fun if you let the thief inside town to snoop it. Even not deadly as explosion one, he will dance around you. More fun than killing him.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
For the tinker box, you can keep the box in the unlock state. No need magic unlock. Just use key is okay. Snooping will trigger the explosion. It is pretty fun especially a pvp thief trigger the white screen. :p

EDIT: Poison tinker box is also fun if you let the thief inside town to snoop it. Even not deadly as explosion one, he will dance around you. More fun than killing him.
Hmm I could be wrong but I think when you unlock it with the key it disarms the trap that's why I added to use magic unlock.. But I could be wrong.. Haven't tested it hehe

The only problem with key is that it can be stolen.

I always kept it in my restock box. No need to open up the box at all, especially when you can arm/disarm right into the crate everytime. :)

Although I suppose magic lock? would be a good route if it does almost the exact same thing besides when someone kills you and loots. Make those bastards Axe it!

Paracelsus

Sorceror
As I remember, even GM-made box locked with key can be magic unlock. But I am not sure. I need to get online to check. Confirm later.

SonnyBoy

Traveler
They totally screwed this, with opening GM trapped boxes with magery. Perfectly ruined kind of mischievous fun. And oh, to answer to original post: Real thieves never give out their secrets. There might be few things that are known, but best stuff stays tight lipped. And I hope that it will stay this way forever. There is something that separates us, profesional thieves, from those lousy wackos with tons of corpses around Britain bank. We have to think out our ways to fuck around with rules and people, and that takes some time and energy. There are so many tricks how to get what you want, how to have ridiculous amount of fun while you're at it, only reason why I still play and love UO - my thieves. Don't ever try to find out how we do what we do - you'll end up with no answers.

*puts on disguise and vanishes into the night*

Ahhh my bad :) must just be dungeon chests you need lockpicking for then.
I don't know. When I came back I was killing Ancient LIches, balrons, etc and I would unlock the chest (just testing at first, and it worked!) with the spell. would get like 1.5k per chest by casting magic unlock... This was high level shit also! They must have changed it because lockpicking seems useless now besides for t hunting.

SonnyBoy

Traveler
Yeah, dungeon chests can be unlocked with magery since.. hm.. forever I guess, but you weren't able to open GM tinker made boxes without lockpicking or axing them.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Yeah, dungeon chests can be unlocked with magery since.. hm.. forever I guess, but you weren't able to open GM tinker made boxes without lockpicking or axing them.
I don't spend any amount of time in dungeons on hybrid (did on osi back in the day) but I'm like 99% sure there are dungeon chests that require lockpicking skill. They definitely did on osi depending on the level of the chest 1-4 you needed lockpicking to get in them and I'm 100% on that sonny boy lol ;)

on hybrid however.. I was sure you couldn't use it on at least the high level ones like in... that dungeon with the shadow colored walls and shit.. Can't remember the name of it but that's where I remember trying one when farming mibs off that big weird mob.. Again I could be wrong about hybrid Or like get2birds said they may have changed it idk... I don't care enough to go test it lol

I don't spend any amount of time in dungeons on hybrid (did on osi back in the day) but I'm like 99% sure there are dungeon chests that require lockpicking skill. They definitely did on osi depending on the level of the chest 1-4 you needed lockpicking to get in them and I'm 100% on that sonny boy lol ;)

on hybrid however.. I was sure you couldn't use it on at least the high level ones like in... that dungeon with the shadow colored walls and shit.. Can't remember the name of it but that's where I remember trying one when farming mibs off that big weird mob.. Again I could be wrong about hybrid Or like get2birds said they may have changed it idk... I don't care enough to go test it lol

I know it hasn't been like this forever. Kladune? or that new dungeon?

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I know it hasn't been like this forever. Kladune? or that new dungeon?
Nah I want to say doom but idk I left OSI actually when khaldun was patched into the game hah so any dungeons added in after that I've never been to.

It's a aos dungeon I think but with regular drops aside from the spring or lunar mobs in there I believe. But khaldun I think has those chests to I just used doom or whatever it's called as an example cuz its the only dungeon I've ever hunted in for a minute on hybrid and it's where I wasn't able to open a dungeon chest with magic heh.
Edit:. Just googled uo dungeons and looking at the over head maps I believe it's called blood.

Yeah, I left in between power scrolls and artifacts. I did not mind the power scrolls so much. It was the artifacts that I could not deal with.

I meant it hasn't been that way on Hybird forever. I remember trying to open them when I actively played (probably 3 years ago) and no dice.