UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How do I get Win 10?

Slugworth

Squire
Yeah I found it, they kept telling me to look for the icon, but I didn't have the icon. The website worked.

Borys90

Traveler

Necrodog

Page
So the rumors are true... :awesome:
A couple of people told me you are allies, I didn't believe it but this is like the 10th thread that mb helps you.
Why do you guys pretend to be enemies, is it a scam or what?<_<
Funny how you didn't deny this. We all knew you were an Hz spy, Slug. Nice try, but this charade has gone on for long enough.

You dont need to install anything.
Just download the dll and paste it in both C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64

That should work.

Whatever98

Squire
nothing uses only dx12... cos directx is basically the windows graphics drivers, and 12 is for windows 10..

you're basically saying you need windows 10, cos you need direct x 12, cos you have windows 10...

maybe in the future i guess, but i doubt they'll even make windows 10 only games.

mind you they are trying very hard to get everyone onto it and off the previous versions, so maybe. would be very unpopular if they did force it

Whatever98

Squire
what you'll find is that windows 10 is backwards compatible and most stuff will run off the window 7 or xp drivers anyway. direct x 12 will have a couple of features that 11 doesn't have, but 99% of it will just be to make it work on windows 10, and the people that make it will have put more into the dx11 version anyway, cos most people dont have touch-screens/win 10.

it'll be a long time before anything exclusively featured on dx12 becomes standard or is extensively used in anything. a lot of games still run on dx 9c

Slugworth

Squire
Games already have betas using directx 12. I'd imagine all of next year will be full of directx 12 games, and thosw betas showed a 20-30 increase in performance.

Slugworth

Squire
Yeah you can also stream and play your xbox one using your windows 10 pc. But I don't use am xbox one so that feature doesn't do any use for me but it is a cool feature.

Whatever98

Squire
seems it's mostly the xbox side of it that they're updating and totally changing how it uses the ram.

there's a couple of things for PC. it can use multi-threading and communicate better with the integrated graphics things you get on intel chips, and it can handle 4k resolutions a bit better, but that seems to be about all really :/
the cpu thing could be good though, it's funny really cos graphics cards were created to pull stuff off your cpu, now cpus are so beasty that they are giving chunks to the GFX card