UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hillbilly Auction (A Pig-in-a-poke) #10 AGAIN

Macil

Sorceror
Re: Hillbilly Auction (A Pig-in-a-poke) #10 AGAIN

Wait, did someone just buy a bunch of feathers for 2 million? I don't get what was going on with this. lol

Phelon

Knight

Macil;673295 said:
Wait, did someone just buy a bunch of feathers for 2 million? I don't get what was going on with this. lol

Yep, no piggie in this bag it seems.

Macil;673295 said:

1 i have a bag i tell how many items and the stone

2 it may be something good :D

3 it may be something not good :(

4 you bid

corea_david

Wanderer

This does not actually make sense to me and I personally believe it is a scam because:

Homer could decide what to put AFTER he closes the bid. Which means, if the bid ends up 2kk, he could put something worth 1.5kk total and make 500k profit. I bet he won't do something silly like putting 10 boards which worth less than 1k. People will find out they were scammed and never gonna bid again. My guess is that he will always try to put the stuff slightly worth less than the winning bid so that make his auction reasonable and make small profit. In the worst case scenario, he could put all crappy stuff and tell the winner that you were not lucky enough. In other words, you are always making a LOSS whatever you bid and he is always making a profit.

I mean, even if he tells us how many items are in the bag and its weight, the weight in uo does not mean anything. Weight is not significantly unique enough to distinguish valuable products and cheap products. For instance, 120 Magery power scoll weighs 1 stone and 1 million check weighs also 1 stone but in the same time, a piece of board also weighs one stone. For this auction, 40 items with 40 stones, this is where you can manupulate what to give out easily. The fact that there are 40 items also makes the seller easier to adjust the true worthy value of the stuff. If there was only 1 item in the bag with one stone, the maximum price you would pay for single item stone would be around 5 to 6kk, if it were a +25 Stat Scroll. Let us not talk about jewelry because their price varies so much.

IF he can show us that he has already set up the box and secured it so that he can't change the content, it would be reasonable.. but how?

I stayed out of this thread because I did not wanna interrupt the thread. Now that the trading was done, I am wondering what everyone thinks.

Digatalas

Knight

Just have to trust him. Personally, I do... If you don't trust him then don't bid. Not trying to be rude, just saying.

corea_david

Wanderer

Digatalas;673336 said:
Just have to trust him. Personally, I do... If you don't trust him then don't bid. Not trying to be rude, just saying.

You're right. I personally don't know him and I guess I'll stay away from the thread. If the seller were you, I could put some trust though.

Phelon

Knight

Like was said, you just have to trust Homer or not join in the bidding. I trust him too so I don't have an issue with it. Everyone like to think they are a good judge of character but they are wrong, all of them. I however am always right and Homer is a straight shooter.

I've never seen them go for more then a few million btw.

corea_david

Wanderer

There are people who have multiple forum accounts.. We can't identify those two are the same people anyway.

Digatalas

Knight

corea_david;673353 said:
There are people who have multiple forum accounts.. We can't identify those two are the same people anyway.

I literally meant "my" mom...

bad joke I guess :rolleyes:

Phelon

Knight

Digatalas;673350 said:
You sound like my mom... Except,

Well one day you'll move out and won't have to hear that everyday, only on the visits home from school. Then you'll graduate and get a job or join the military and have to hear it even less, it feels pretty good after all to be out on your on making your own way in the world. Then, after 5 years pass, you'll start to get bored and questioning your early life decisions and mabey change careers to feel excited about a fresh start. Mabey there is a cute girl at the office you start flirting with. Fast forward 3 years and you are a year into a bad marriage with a harpy. You get divorced, cleaned out and your Mom has a stroke and goes into a coma for 2 months. When she comes out she recovers well all things considered but she's just not the same ( memory span of a spoon) and Your father is diagnosed with cancer, diabetes and parkinsons with-in a 6 month period.

Fuck, now you are the adult taking care of your parents and it all happened in 15 years. I miss my mom bugging me ;)

Or is that just me? Cue "cool story bro pic".

Digatalas

Knight

Phelon;673356 said:
Well one day you'll move out and won't have to hear that everyday, only on the visits home from school. Then you'll graduate and get a job or join the military and have to hear it even less, it feels pretty good after all to be out on your on making your own way in the world. Then, after 5 years pass, you'll start to get bored and questioning your early life decisions and mabey change careers to feel excited about a fresh start. Mabey there is a cute girl at the office you start flirting with. Fast forward 3 years and you are a year into a bad marriage with a harpy. You get divorced, cleaned out and your Mom has a stroke and goes into a coma for 2 months. When she comes out she recovers well all things considered but she's just not the same ( memory span of a spoon) and Your father is diagnosed with cancer, diabetes and parkinsons with-in a 6 month period.

Fuck, now you are the adult taking care of your parents and it all happened in 15 years. I miss my mom bugging me ;)

Whoa... You've had some rather harsh experiences. :eek:

I'm sorry to hear things turned out that way..

Phelon

Knight

It's all good man. Other people have it a LOT worse then me unfortunately :(