UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hey I'm new and got a couple questions.

Hey I'm new and got a couple questions.

1. When i'm not playing UO on this server. Do my skills go down with my characters? or do they remain the same?
2. Is this pvp, pvm, or both?
3. tell me some general info about this shard
4. What is the best guild?
and last
5. How can I raise my skills very quickly?

Namonaki

Wanderer
Mortician said:
1. When i'm not playing UO on this server. Do my skills go down with my characters? or do they remain the same?
and last

1) Your skills do not decay if that is what you mean
2) This shard is mainly PvP, a bit of PvM, but youll have to dance around reds.
3) This is THE best free uo shard, for a reason. The PvP is pretty damn good compared to other places. The Factions are pretty much ganks from what Ive observed, so unless your ready, may not be good to join one
4) Not sure what the best guild is, since that is determined by many diffrent factors. If you go to the "Home" area of this page, theres a link that says My Uogamers. There you can find the guilds with the highest murder counts, and members, but it does not make them the bests *cough* *cough* alts *cough* *cough*. Same goes for Last
5) Your skills already gain VERY quickly on this shard, you can be 3x GM warrior in an hour, you can get GM taming in only a bit more time. If you want details on skills: http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21142
That is a guide written by Sunfiregt on these forums, he is very helpful to new players. Also, Cebrious Arcane wrote a guide for people new to UO in general, which you can find if need be.

Namonaki

Wanderer
I was just saying how useful Sunfire is, then i realize he's reading this thread as we speak :p

Alt+P will open your paperdoll, if thats not the problem, i really dont know what is heh. Im not all too computer savvy.

I got two more question, but about this forum.

How do I add a picture to my signature?

How do I add an avatar? I went to edt my avatar in my CP, but theres a button that says "Don't use avtar" and I can't seem to click it off.

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Mortician said:
and last

1. No, when you get your skills you keep them, unless you decide to lower them by turning the arrow down next to your skill name in your skill menu
2. PvM and PvP are greatly supported here. PvP is very strong here and PvM kind of takes a back burner but its still great. But then again, everything on this shard is great.
3. When you are looking for general information on the shard you need to do a search on the forums because people have posted loads about everything you need to know before. Here are some helpful posts.
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20599 - New players guide
http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21142 - Info on Skills
4. There are tons of guilds so its up to you to define the "best".. You probably come from shard where there are around 20 or 30 guilds, but here there are probably a thousand or so. Whether its roleplay or pking or pvp or factions or whatever.. There is just no "best" or "last"
6. Go to my post on skill gain here http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21142

Namonaki

Wanderer
Mortician said:
I got two more question, but about this forum.

How do I add a picture to my signature?

How do I add an avatar? I went to edt my avatar in my CP, but theres a button that says "Don't use avtar" and I can't seem to click it off.

Oh, thats what you meant. Im pretty sure avatars are a staff only privelige. Somone helped me post my sig, so im ot positive, but you need to get it hosted somewhere, and then enter it in some coding (basic, just one of those <> or [] codes) and it should show up.

I have just one more question.

I've played a couple other free UO shards before, and I;m just wondering...what makes this one THE best? I've only been playing this shard for like 30 minutes, so maybe in time I'll see what you mean.

Also, are there such things as guild\clan wars in this shard?

Namonaki

Wanderer
Well, 1) its old school, before OSI, or EA, or whatever ruined everything. The PvP is still mostly based on skill or numbers instead of who has the most money to buy the most artifacts. 2) A lot of the player base are morons, and l33t crap talkers, but theres also a lot of people here who are willing to help as much as they can. 3) The staff is for the most part great, pretty responsive and respectful as long as the players return respect ^_~

Namonaki

Wanderer
Mortician said:
Also, are there such things as guild\clan wars in this shard?

Im not quite sure what you mean. There are servers wars at 3am EST where nothing saves for 15 mins or a half hour, so its just pure chaos, and theres order/chaos fighting, and faction fighting. Individual guilds can also choose to war other guilds, as long as both sides agree. I hope that answers it?

yea I have one last question

I made a character and these are the skills I'm going to train him in. Are they good?

Archery, Alchemy, Poisoning, LumberJack, Swordmanship, Hiding, Healing, Stealth, Tactics, Reisisting Spells, and Parrying

Do I need all of these? which ones should I take out and\or add in?

Namonaki

Wanderer
Well, you can only GM 7 skills, not 9. Archery is basically useless for PvP, so that eliminates that. If your gonna be an axer, you cant poison or use a shield (only 1 handed bladed weps for that) so get rid of those, leaving you with
Alchemy
Tactics
Swords
Lumberjacking
Hiding
Stealth

Now, if you want to be a succesful dexer, you will need healing and anatomy, bringing you back up to 8 skills total. So if you still want to maintain the power of axes, be able to stealth, AND have alchemy, you can go with

Alchemy
Mace Fighting
Anatomy
Tactics
Healing
Hiding
Stealth

This way, you still get power, you still get pots, you stilll get stealth.

Stats should go something like

95/119/11.

You can wear full plate and still have a lot of dex, youll have about 97 HP. You have enough mana to recall, but mind blast WILL destroy you. However, if you interupt it, get the hell out and hide, or people dont cast it, your fine.

Namonaki

Wanderer
And make sure to use hiding to your advantage, without resist, youll really need to heh.(i play many chars with no resist, that have hiding/stealth).

Maybe I should get rid of hiding and stealth, since I was planning on using that for archery, or should I still keep it? Is it useful in pvp?

I also forgot to ask. Can i use poisoning in duels?

What do you mean by resist?

Namonaki

Wanderer
You can poison in duels, but archery is TERRIBLE for PvP. Once you get an ethy, stealth is useful in PvP. Hiding is very useful. If you want you can drop stealth for either magery or resist, and IF you decide to drop hiding, take the other one (resist or magery). It can be quite useful to have a magic reflect on you.

ok so this is how it's going to be. Tell me if it's worth it

Swordmanship
poisoning
hiding
resisting spells
alchemy
tactics

the last one I can't decide between lumberjack, parrying, and anatomy. Which one should I pick?

ok ok heres how it's going to be. Tell me if I should change anything

Swordmanship
healing
poisoning
anatomy
tactics
hiding
resisting spells

this seems like a good combination, but maybe it's not...you tell me. I'm new :)