UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

help with lockpicking

Atosti

Wanderer
help with lockpicking

I got my tinkering to GM today because I thought you needed a gm tinker for gm locks..
Well I made a load of footlockers with my carpenter/tinker but my lockpicker with 85 lockpicking didn't even break a pick.

Any help would be great, Atosti

Syty

Squire
Re: help with lockpicking

I used this to get to 95. Worked like a charm. 5k for the keys and the boxes are on the steps...

Attachments

• lockpick.jpg
    lockpick.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 203

MB

Knight

I think the vendor is out of keys, I'll get around to making more.

Atosti

Wanderer

I was hoping to try this out myself. Is the method I'm using wrong. if so what method should I use?

merloc01

Sorceror

I would like to buy the 50+ chest with keys if you want to pm me or just let me know when you restock

Barnicoat

Knight

You don't need to buy the boxes, only the keys. Then you just set up a macro on whichever box you want to use and raise it that way. When the gains stop, move up a box.

Piglett

Wanderer

Yea, the boxes will take you to 95. After that.....you have to go to dungeons. Have fun with that.

Barnicoat

Knight

You don't always have to go to dungeons. I went once or twice but it was too much effort and buggering around for the gains you get out of it.

Two words: Vesper Bank. I trained 95-100 at Vesper Bank, you can also use Vesper Bank Fel, and Brit Bank has 2 or 3 you can use too, just be careful of the traps in Brit, they are nasty ones.

And the other very very important thing, set up some hot keys and macros like this:

One hotkey for set last target. One macro and hotkey for double click type lockpicks, use on last target. Because you can actually get up to 6 gains from one chest. Doing it manually it's hard to get more than about 3 attempts in before it actually opens. With a macro, you can get up to 6. Really, really, really, really helps.

I made 100k sitting at vesper bank from 95-100. Takes a few days due to the chests taking awhile to respawn and not really respawning in any particular order that I can see, but it's not so bad.

Gl with the LP

Seaman

Wanderer

ok this is very interesting to me seeing as how ive been stuck at 95.5 for like 4 days. What exactly or where exactly in vesper do i find things to unlock?

Barnicoat

Knight

Someone requested that I go into more detail/post macros, so here's some more info.

I trained almost exclusively at Vesper bank (see first screenshot), there are 9 chests here able to be lockpicked. The ones that can be picked have a red dot, and are called "a locked treasure chest" when locked and "a treasure chest" when unlocked (see second screenshot).

The chest with the green dot can only be reached by use of the teleport spell. I have heard you can also open the ones in this same bank in fel, but I havn't been there myself, I would imagine it would be the same deal.

There is also typically 2-3 chests in the back room of the Britain West Bank. They are not called treasure chests by memory, but can be chests or crates which DO NOT have an item or weight count underneath the name of the container, and they spawn on the floor, not on the tables. Watch the Brit ones, they have nasty traps, so stand back and use telekinesis to deal with those.

And now for the macros, I'm not sure how many are aware of this (I wasn't until a friend told me), but you can get up to 6 gains of one chest. Simply continue attempting to pick it until it opens. Manually I get 2-4 attempts, with the macro I get 4-6 attempts in. Several times I have actually gotten two gains of one chest, so it WORKS lol.

First you want to go to the hotkeys tab in Razor, then expand the targets menu, and set a hotkey for "Set last target". This way, you can hit your hotkey (mine is CTRL + e), and then click on the chest you want to lockpick and this sets it as the last target.

Next is the lockpick macro:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1103297912|5372
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1058|

It's fairly simple, all it does is double click the lockpicks and then exec: last target, which you've just set as the chest. And of course, make sure loop is checked, this way it continues to attempt to open the chest and you can get up to 6 chances to gain from the one chest.

If for some reason you need to record something similar yourself and can't figure out how to get that exec: last target part in there. All you have to do is make a hotkey for "Last Target" (most people probably already have this set), press record and hit you hotkey, it will then record "exec: last target". For this one we don't want any wait for targets or pauses or anything, just let it run fullspeed.

Apologies for the random guide in the middle of this thread, but it'll probably help some people, so enjoy. Any questions, let me know.

Barn

EDIT: One more thing, I also set a hotkey for stop current macro, and then hit it when its finally unlocked the chest, easier than going back to razor and hitting stop.

Attachments

• treasureoverview.JPG
    treasureoverview.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 94
  • treasureinset.JPG
    treasureinset.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 91

Barnicoat

Knight

Yep, and here it goes:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1103297912|5372
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1076652233|970|466|-82|3709
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|this does not appear to be locked.
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickAction|1103740625|5994
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|1132555901|970|466|-85|3709
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction

That's what i used anyway, I'm sure it could be written better but it works. It simply double clicks lockpicks (make sure you have like 100 or something), then it unlocks, if you are successful and sys message says bla bla bla, then it will double click the keys in your backpack and use them to relock the box.

I started at 50 LP on the 2nd from bottom box, and moved up when the gains slowed to a halt, not sure the exact way to tell when you need to change, but it's pretty quick anyway.

Barn.

valoryxl

Wanderer

and as an alternate i advise doing lvl3-4 tmaps. Especially after hitting ~99 lp skill dungeon chests and banks are nearly useless

Barnicoat

Knight

I did exclusively vesper bank tram 95-100 and it took 2 days of very fragmented playing. I'm sure t maps are a good alternative, but banks are def. not useless, dungeons are a little more annoying due to the time spent trying to not die, and that's why I don't use them.

valoryxl

Wanderer

i agree i did banks and dungeons up to 99.5 with my thunter but stoped gaining after that. Anyway lvl3 tmaps are usually not that hard to do with an avarage char with magery or hiding maybe :) But that was my exprience maybe other people did gain till they gm the skill i dont know.

Barnicoat

Knight

yeah I find 3's fine with an average char, I did 4's too with my necroweaver without too much trouble. 5's are a no go for me solo unless I have a GD with me and no lag :p