UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hello, Stat Gain!

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Relax; I was simply using it as a theoretical example. I was noting that everyone complaining has had accounts on Demise for years, and suggesting what the complaints were really about

The reason you don't see complaints from newbies about skill gain is that they likely just leave the shard.

I'd love to see Hybrid's numbers in comparison to ours, as far as how many newbs that start on the shard stay on the shard.

My complaints about how we look on the RunUO website and how slow stat gain is are, in the end, gripes about population. I've got all the characters I need, I'm not worried about stat gain for myself, I just know it's a detriment to anyone starting out.

hickman48

Knight
you think that if someone is to lazy or that stats are to slow they would really stick around to grind out bods gaunt or anything else.

Bravo

Squire
My complaints about how we look on the RunUO website and how slow stat gain is are, in the end, gripes about population.

I don't have an opinion on the stat gain, but I agree about the presentation of the shard. A little marketing/rebranding could go a long way, IMO. Hell, I played here in 2005 and when I wanted to come back recently, I had a hard time even discerning whether the shard was still up. It took a bit of reading in the forums to be convinced that this was still a real shard and hadn't been demoted to something less.

Lucifall

Knight
The reason you don't see complaints from newbies about skill gain is that they likely just leave the shard.

I'd love to see Hybrid's numbers in comparison to ours, as far as how many newbs that start on the shard stay on the shard.

My complaints about how we look on the RunUO website and how slow stat gain is are, in the end, gripes about population. I've got all the characters I need, I'm not worried about stat gain for myself, I just know it's a detriment to anyone starting out.
Indeed, I agree with every point you made. Systems that actually ALLOW people to play, and systems that allow them to earn their wealth, should be priority above anything else.

Buiu

Knight
well, i kinda hate this "stat rate" too.
Few peoples know that i love to change my scrolled chars templates... So it s kinda annoying macro dex... then int... and dex again... str ...bla bla bla..
But well, there is stats balls...

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Personally, I think a player should have slow gains. I think it makes sense in playing the game to gain your skills and stats more than trudging through everything and having nothing else to do.

When I first began playing on osi many years ago. I found it far more gratifying to meet the high end toon I ended up with, by just playing. Running around with veteran players on occasion to visit high end areas and soloing the stuff my toon could handle. Took me around 1 real year to max my toon out to something decent and I had a great time doing it.

When I gained, I gained and was rather pleased about it. Keep those expectations to high and you will be disappointed.

Lord W'ry

Sorceror
I honestly think the stat gain is fine, especially for this current era we're suppose to be in (even though it seems we're more concerned with what OSI is doing "now" as opposed to during the particular publish we're suppose to be up to). I played during ML, stat gain was slow; even slower if memory serves. If anything, I'd personally like to see skill gain nerfed back down. There's no glory in it the way it stands. Within my first week playing I had 2 120-Tamers, one of them a bard; a 120 crafter, and a silly amount of Necro/Mage/Warriors (and I only use two accounts). By the end of a month, I probably rivalled people who've been playing here for years. I'd say for myself, I left and came back a few times because I reached the "Well, wtf do I do now?"-stage in a matter of a month or two. There's really no separation between Vet and Newbie other than fruity hued items. If it weren't for occasional new content, having an involved staff, and getting some friends to play; I probably would've quit here pretty quickly too.

And while we're on the topic, I'd say another detriment to population growth is the refusal or inability to support the UOSA client. As someone who played this game for years, I love these old graphics; but I've tried to turn on at least a half a dozen people who've never played before...and they can't understand, because Solitaire has a better interface.

Blessings and best wishes,
--Lord W'ry

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
actully the gains for stats are not slower then osi, its the skill that raises faster much faster actully. both on here and osi the stat gain are bout the same 15 min per.

it would be nice to gain stats as fast as skill gain

Lol nice try, but I was just on Osi and the stat gains there are so much faster, there skill gain is harder but the stats flew for me.

I did a stint on legends about two years ago, and stat gain was much faster than here.

I guess I never had a problem with it because I've never been against power gaming. I got no qualms about sitting around macroing, but it could be because I've eaten banhammers everywhere as well...

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Lol nice try, but I was just on Osi and the stat gains there are so much faster, there skill gain is harder but the stats flew for me.
hey buddy if you would of read the thread it was already mention that the stats system on Osi has been changed and since all my char on Osi have been made for quite a long time now and I hated raising the stats on Osi I never made anything else on my account, But nice try ....

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
Nice try? there was no try.. it was a simple correction dumb ass.

I'm not going to take the time to sit and read through a bunch of mumbling bullshit on Ultima Online.