UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Great moments in Demise history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukin69

Knight
This is a story telling thread of sorts. Have a funny story? A daunting tale of heroism and risk? A story about a great caper (scam)? PVP madness story? Tell it here! Screenshots are nice.

**************************************​
I'll begin with a tale of an event that happend sometime in the spring of 2010 or so.

I was in an evil mage clan at the time called Barcode. These nefarious villians were a cutthroat lot who gave quarter to no one. It was a tumultuos period in my time on this digital rock which we call Demise. We had heard wind of a great champion about to be bested in the jungles of Tera Sanctum by two wayward adventurers after glory and fame. Being the dastardly lot that we were, this would be a day that for those poor souls, would live in infamy.

Our numbers were strong, bolstered by some recent recruiting, 12-14 of us headed to the great lighthouse to set sail for the sands of Tera Sanctum. We had procured a small vessel for our voyage, and it was a tight fit. We sailed for a short while toward the island, packed like sardines aboard the SS PeeKay and finally came to rest just outside the bay of Tera Sanctum.

As we sat in waiting to spring our trap on the adventurers trying to slay the great wyrm Rikitor, a mysterious traveler by the name of Xavier appeared on the deck of our obviously too small vessel which we had crammed 13 or so souls aboard. He laughed heartily at the hysterical sight of such a great multitude sailing out to raid two lonely adventurers and said we needed a bigger ship. We all had a great laugh, then under the command of a particularly nasty soul, the wicked Bile, we made landfall and claimed what was ours.

I do not remember what riches were gained that day under the flag of Barcode, but I'll never forget our entire guild being crammed onto a ship like sardines then being belittled by Xavier. Ahh Demise memories...unfortunatley no screenshots exist, at least in my possesion, of this event. If anyone else that was there has a picture of this, post it please!

~Fin~​

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Or at least two, like Bob is saying. This... was a great moment in Demise history.

whooo.jpg

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Of daunting risk:

Got lost in fel Lost lands(epic win!) once and called for help via the gm's. Darn ML dungeon had me stuck looking all over for the exit after I got curious and fell into the damn hole entrance.

I ended up going stir crazy and a few Gm's were having a good chuckle watching me fruitlessly try to find the exit. Then I randomly yelled out something silly and pervy figuring one of the gals were around invisible. They were. I think I got Selene and Athena to laugh a little that night and Xavier chimed in thinking I was flaming them with my pervy nature. Got annoyed and stuffed me into the mountain side.

Everyone had a good chuckle and he was like...yeah...woops. Tough for you yer stuck now sucka !! lol (which was still funny)

Someone (Athena?) broke me free and told me to run for it behind her to the exit. I over shot and Xavier facepalmed. I then back tracked, found the exit and said thanks =D

Cerxis

Traveler
its NOT the adventure told by Lukin, but it something similar :D

imagine, there are twice as much people on there and it could be like lukins story

Pont

Knight
Ok so I can't resist posting here any longer, I tried to resist but......

1. When BAD Guild was created ;)

2. When I threw all my armour in the bin for the last time and took down my first AW in the buff, the naked template was born:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Naked_AW_fighter/

3. When I trained my uber pig?

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Pont_pig/

4. The year of 2008 when I reached OVER 9000!!!!:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Demise_2008/

5. Demise RIOTS! :

http://www.wegame.com/watch/UO_Demise_RIOT_RIOT/
&

6. The arrival of Project X:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Project_PontX/
&

7. The re-birth of Project X:

&

.....just a few ;). For a more 'story like' description of the last four try Ye Olde Tavern: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/the-story-of-project-x.501154/

psz

Administrator
October 24th (or there about), 2004.

Immediately after a server reboot, we got a number of pages regarding something with the moongates:

They had a new entry "Tokuno".

Upon entering, many regions were spawned with (early versions of) SE mobs, and even some SE items. Shortly after there was even the Ninja and Samurai Beginner Quests.

November 2nd, 2004, OSI released Samurai Empire.

(gotta love Beta Access ;->)

ne14pic

Sorceror
I remember the first time I soloed a spawn
Bile raided me
Bile killed me
Bile Resed me
Bile Resed killed me
Bile Resed me again(promissing not to kill me again)
Bile protected the spawn for me from what seemed an endless onslaught of raiders
And as coon dropped to my hiryu I was extactic
I know I thanked you before but I will do it again TY I will never forget it

Me, Vincent Vega, and Soz; all Equilibrium members at the time: our Baracoon got raided HARD and we got pushed out of the spawn. Fighting 10+ Chinese people, at the not having full regs, any resources, or mounts, and somehow surviving on the top floor of Despise for almost 10 minutes... The details are obviously foggy as this was back in like 2007, but during those 10 minutes I have never laughed so hard while playing UO, and was possibly one of the top laughing fits of my life!

el pepino

Sorceror
I'm surprised and hurt there arn't more posts consisting of "Ronald Steal my orny/aof/totem/etc... Pop out of hiding... Thank me for donation... Disappear...." :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.