UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Gauntlet for Dummies

tansor

Wanderer
These are formulas for luck:
public static int GetArtifactChance( Mobile boss )
{
if ( !Core.AOS )
return 0;

int luck = LootPack.GetLuckChanceForKiller( boss );
int chance;

if ( boss is DemonKnight )
chance = 1500 + (luck / 5);
else
chance = 750 + (luck / 10);

return chance;
}

So with 1000 luck you'll have 1,7% chance for arty from DF and 0,85% from mini-bosses

qweazdak

Wanderer
how do you all deal with all the undead that gets thrown out by df? them rotting corspes are a pain. anyway, if anyone wants to, i wanna see some doom razor videos. im initerested in how you guys kill the df.

tansor

Wanderer
qweazdak said:
how do you all deal with all the undead that gets thrown out by df? them rotting corspes are a pain. anyway, if anyone wants to, i wanna see some doom razor videos. im initerested in how you guys kill the df.
Basically the tactics would be:
* take with you a silver instrument (not to fizzle a lot)
* have a special set of commands for your nightmare (pet'sName_attack, pet'sName_come, etc)

So if rottings or liches spawn, you peace them and command your nightmare without disturbing WW - quite simple.
Also, if you have some dexters in your party, they attack all together rottings/liches as well after you have peaced them.

wain

Wanderer
Also df drops bones on the ground where some spawn come. You can cut these bones with dagger , sword etc and bones will be destroyed. so there comes less spawn.

destroy em with last object last target cause you have to target em for few times.

Uo stratics advices to kill df by bringing it to exit gate and kill it there.

I havent tried that tactics yet

tansor

Wanderer
wain said:
Also df drops bones on the ground where some spawn come. You can cut these bones with dagger , sword etc and bones will be destroyed. so there comes less spawn.

destroy em with last object last target cause you have to target em for few times.

Uo stratics advices to kill df by bringing it to exit gate and kill it there.

I havent tried that tactics yet
The portal is the only one tactics (unless it's OSI and there are swarms of players roaming in the Gauntlet). Otherwise, you will be fighting DF spawns, not DF himself :D Tried DF today - he's the same here as everywhere, can be perfectly killed by one tamer (if no rottings spawn).
If you are alone - FORGET ABOUT CUTTING BONES, while moving near DF, you'll be aimed by him and killed very quickly. Just as was said - throw smth on every square near the portal (some people use special scripts against DF spawns, I don't use them myself though).

Glasgowx

Wanderer
Ok I've checked stratics regarding the guantlet and I just want to know a few things. How many bosses are there in each room, if you were going solo. Back on Archeronne they had the bosses in the regular part of doom so I've never done them in the gauntlet. I want to try but I would maybe like to go with someone who has done it a few times. And my last question is, can you leave before facing the DF. Thx

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Mythos said:
Ok I've checked stratics regarding the guantlet and I just want to know a few things. How many bosses are there in each room, if you were going solo. Back on Archeronne they had the bosses in the regular part of doom so I've never done them in the gauntlet. I want to try but I would maybe like to go with someone who has done it a few times. And my last question is, can you leave before facing the DF. Thx

Well, I've only done it a couple of times, and it was with a group, but I'll try my best to answer.

If you are down there solo, there would only be one boss per room. I believe you have to have 5 characters in the gauntlet before a 2nd boss spawns in each room. You just need to hope nobody else arrives while you are in there.

The exit gate will work anytime, so you can leave whenever you like, but once you go into the rooms the bosses are in you can't get back out until the boss is killed. You also have to go past the DF to get back to the exit gate from the bosses rooms, so you need to stick to the walls and keep your pets under control.

Hope that helps.

Glasgowx

Wanderer
Thx, thats great to hear because I used to solo bosses back in Archeronne. I guess the old heal and have pets kill or lead the boss around as your pets attack are the best tactics. I think my biggest worry is the DF who I never had the pleasure to fight. Thx again for the info.

wain

Wanderer
Mythos nice to see someone from archeronne :D

Bosses in archeronne were bit easier that normal osi like bosses if im not mistaken.

there is 1-9999 bosses in each room depending on how many partys there are (one for each party, one per each golden skulls) like was said before.

and DF really is a lot harder that any other boss. you almost certainly have to use that moongate tactics that was mentioned before if you want to solo df. and you need fully trained ww. preferably rune beetle what i have heard. (havent tested that beetle yet)

Rhun-demise

Wanderer
The entire gauntlet is amazingly easy, I did lots of (about 30) solo runs and about 40 runs whit a pally. You can just tank any of the bosses with your ww and vet it. There's no problem anywhere except sometimes when they mortal your pet a few times in a row, it might die, it might not.

The DF is easier then the abysymal (spelled wrong?) if you ask me, like said a few times, just lure it to the moongate and let it rip. You stay out of range of the whirlwind attacks and you can use your mare (with greater heals) to take out the (minor) spawn while you let your ww continue to bash the DF. The only tricky part is rotting corpses since they're hard to peace and a mare can't solo em without a peace..

Btw. I don't agree with the ppl saying that pallies or mages are the best in the gaunt without a tamer for support, tamers rule this land..

wain

Wanderer
abysmal horror (5th boss) is very easy for mages and warrior/tamers with fast weapon. abysmal is very weak against physical attack so with mage you can kill it with 5 blade spirits easily. It has only 35 phys res and near 100 other resists. Thing is that you have to try to fizzle spells abysmal casts and 5 blade spirits work great. Or tamer warrior with fast weapon and around 100 dex can fizzle spells quite nicely too

Glasgowx

Wanderer
From doing the gauntlet now I can understand the different methods used. The Doom bosses are the same as on Archeronne and are quite easy with pets. The DF is still my problem due to the damn rotting corpses, but as long as you peace and use one pet for the DF and one for the spawns then there is no trouble. Also as long as someone doesn't screw up your gate technique then it makes it a lot easier haha.

eyal12

Wanderer
hi, before i get into gauntlet i need 1000 bones right?.. so i try and collect from the skeleton dragon that spawns from the bell. but the problem is when he comes he spawns ON me and just hit me + fire breath me.. so my question is how do i survive that ? or how do i just make it so he wont spawn on me ?-_- i even invisble my self and he killed me when invisble :|

Rhun-demise

Wanderer
Lol dude, you don't collect those from the skeletal dragon :D

Every doom critter is supposed to give you some bones, bring all 1000 to the sorceress and she'll summon a bone daemon, kill it and get a golden skull.
Go to the beach, ring the bell and give the dude the skull. If you wait to long with giving the skull he'll summon the skeleton dragon (as punishment) which indeed spawns ontop of you and most of the times is fatal.... If you do it right you won't ever see that skeletal dragon :p

eyal12

Wanderer
i know how to do the quest i know it spawns the skele dragon if i dont give him the skull. and i wrote it above post. you should answer my question and not what you lkike -_- i want to kill the skele dragon to get demon bones for the quest and i asked is there some way to avoide the insta death?.. answer what i asked please thx you.

Rhun-demise

Wanderer
I don't think there's another way to avoid getting killed by that dragon other then to survive the first hit, but I'm not sure about this.

Btw, the way you write it it seems you think you need to kill that dragon in order to get the bones for your quest, which isn't the case. You get the bones you need from all creatures in doom, even skeletons. You don't have to fight that dragon since it won't spawn if you get the bones from the other creatures. Srry if I misread tho :p

Rhun-demise

Wanderer
Ding Dong Ditch on the bell. Spawns the skeledragon while your running so you wont be killed when its spawned at bell.

Now there's the tricky part, it doesn't spawn at the bell :p It spawns on top of you, even if you run :p

eyal12

Wanderer
rhun-yes you did miss read because i just want to kill them because they have 50 bones.
john-dude that doesn't work :\ the sec he spawns he spawns on you and hits you then shoots is fire ball hmp i think is ball is frozen hehe ^^ well it looks blue so i guess it is ;P

any way i found a way my friend was there and we both pre cast heal when skele comes we heal him and then i slay the skele.. :x