UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Gauntlet for Dummies

Trey-demise

Wanderer
Gauntlet for Dummies

This guide is meant to teach you how to get into the gauntlet and then what to do while you are there.

Part I: What is the Gauntlet?
The Gauntlet is where you can fight the dark fathers and hopefully receive an artifact. These artifacts will have a rarity of 11. The Gauntlet isn’t like any champ spawn or anything else for that matter. There are 5 rooms of the gauntlet that must be completed before the dark fathers are released. These monsters aren’t as challenging, but they still take some time and good equipment. After defeating these rooms the dark fathers will be spawned and you and your group can kill them and possibly receive an artifact. The loot on the monsters is great so if you don’t get an artifact you will most likely receive something to be happy with.

Part II: What is the best character to use?
Unlike most things where a mage is best; a paladin is in call for this place. A well skilled paladin is usually what’s best. The dark fathers have 35k hit points and paladins with a daemon slayer and enemy of one can sometimes pull out around 140 damage a hit. Tamers are also good for dark fathers but paladins are ideal.

Part III: How do I get there?
Getting to the gauntlet itself is no easy task. You first need to collect 1000 demon bones. Once you have that collected you have to go speak with Victoria the Sorceress and give her the 1000 demon bones. Once received a demon knight will appear for your group to kill. Once fallen the golden skull may be looted. The golden skull is your ticket across. You need to make your way to the South West end of doom and ring the doom bell. Cyloth will appear and you hand him the golden skull. You and your party will be teleported across to the gauntlet. If you fail to give him the gold skull in time he will spawn a Skeletal Dragon. These dragons can be pretty hard. Tamers beware they can un bond your pets.

Parth IV: I’m across now what?
Now that your over to the gauntlet your probably thinking now what. Well what is the first thing you should do is get familiar with the gauntlet and also find the secret room. Its on the east wall. All you have to do is run along the east wall till you can run through the wall. There you will find a room with a provisioned type vendor. That’s your only source of supplies whilst in the gauntlet. The next thing you should do is find the healer shop. You can’t go in there though. There is a fee that has to get paid to resurrect here. Make sure you go with people so you’re guaranteed to get resurrected. You should now find what room the gauntlet is at and jump into the fun.

Part V: Other Information
Some other information you may want to know. Remember the gauntlet is hard you need more then 5 people usually. You will not always get an artifact. You must remember that also. You can log out in the gauntlet but be careful when you do so. You don’t want to log back in dead. It is always a good idea to lure one dark father to the exiting moongate. Have everyone stand on the moongate and kill him from there. Easier to cross heal and he will have no where to go. Archers should sit on the other side there. They wont get hit and they can still shoot.

defcon

Wanderer
Yeah they do

What kinda pally is best i made an archer pally so i can smack em from a distance if thats not realy good whats the best kinda pally?

Paladins? How do you keep the Dark Father from killing the Paladin? I can barely keep my Dragon alive. Do you mean Archer/Paladins?

Anyone want to share Strategies about what to do once you actually start fighting the Dark Father and other big guys in the gauntlet.

Ozzie-demise

Wanderer
Strategies - Go to gate etc etc.

But btw, i dont think skele drags untame pets on this shard. Not for me anyway. btw when i mean paladins own, its only when df is attacking something else as you can do 100 dmg with slayer.

qweazdak said:
skele dragons sick pets on their masters. same with serpentine dragons.

We were talking about this the other noght on TS Reapers Knights Channel and were wondering if it only happens when your pets are NOT well feed? or is it a random thing?

wain

Wanderer
Ideal group in doom is four mages... all make 5 evs on every boss expect abyssmal horror cast blade spirit (it only has about 30 phys res) and earth eles for df

It takes about 15-20 min to kill df and less than 10 mins to kill all other bosses every time ev ,earth ele or blade spirit gets dispelled or killed just make new one... with four mages you can easily kill df spawns..

just get lots of mana rege, lrc , lmc and resists are nice always...

Honor

Wanderer
Me nad my 2 swedish friends (Paladins) we killed a dark father ALONE, with just healing each other, took us about 8 - 10 mins to kill him. And we g ot a artifact drop. So My friend got a Jackals Collar.

tansor

Wanderer
wain said:
Ideal group in doom is four mages... all make 5 evs on every boss expect abyssmal horror cast blade spirit (it only has about 30 phys res) and earth eles for df

It takes about 15-20 min to kill df and less than 10 mins to kill all other bosses every time ev ,earth ele or blade spirit gets dispelled or killed just make new one... with four mages you can easily kill df spawns..

just get lots of mana rege, lrc , lmc and resists are nice always...
If you're alone in Doom then mages might be a solution, but any party with tamer + paladin (w/ slayer) will win the loot rights vs mages easily.

So paladins do the most damage, and the ideal char is battle-tamer: fence(sword, archery)/tactics/vet/taming/lore/focus/chilvalry. It's not very easy to play, but if you want to rule - you have to be one of these.

Seems you people are developing well on an AoS shard. Best way to conqure Doom is to get a group of paladain buddies and go stand behind moongate next to boat. Let father get onto gate and kill him. Cross healing of course helps. By standing there no other spawn can get to you. I have conqured Doom on OSI .. Mad 5 grand off it, bought me a new comp and a bunch of other junk. :) Good luck people. Same on other rooms .. Cross heal. The impalers will be tough. The shadowkngiht room is mainly for mages. Here some info that might help.

First room, the darknightcreepers - You need undead slayer. Those do most damage

Second Room, the bugs - Those dont have a slayer, but 100% fire and cold weapons do the trick

Third room, Impalers - Deamon slayer weps with high poison do the trick in there.

Fourth room, Shadowknights - There lowest resist is energy. A wep with 100% energy will hurt. Also a undeadslayer hurts them (when you cast concreate weapon) same with the first room.

Fifth room, Abyssimal Harrors - Deamon slayer rocks there worlds.

Fathers - Obviousely deamon slayer.

Be aware these work at there max with paladain skill .. Enemy of one, concreate weapon and so on. I hope this info helps. Good luck people!

tansor

Wanderer
A few additions to Juvenile's post:
Abyssmals are taken down easily with slayer weapon with bleed special move: war fork, cutlass, etc. Bleed prevents them from casting - without the spells they are not fearsome at all - was killing them alone with my paladin-sworsdman.
Don't use ConWeapon on Dark Father - it has all equal resists, so only Enemy Of One + Divine Fury + Special Attacks. Constantly use Divine Fury to restore stamina, because DF has an ability of reflecting fisical damage, so if you're a melee-fighter you'll receive damage with every successful hit of yours.

wain

Wanderer
Doom pallys do you use archery or melee weps?

tamers how do your pets survive dark fathers attacks cause they give all spells back and ww atleast has a habit to kill himself with flamestrikes and explos. you have 120 vet and lore?

I really dont have much experience in doom except with mage and bit exp with tamer. I can kill every boss with ww and mare but dark father is impossible to solo atleast. how do you heal your pets fast enough?

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer
wain said:
Doom pallys do you use archery or melee weps?

tamers how do your pets survive dark fathers attacks cause they give all spells back and ww atleast has a habit to kill himself with flamestrikes and explos. you have 120 vet and lore?

I really dont have much experience in doom except with mage and bit exp with tamer. I can kill every boss with ww and mare but dark father is impossible to solo atleast. how do you heal your pets fast enough?

I have a 120 lore/vet tamer/bard that i've used to try and fight DF. Not on demise but on another shard. It seems that df were strengthen again or ww's were weakened. My ww is fully trained and he was getting killed by DF in sometimes one hit. I use to be able to put up a nice fight. So really the healing that i'm doing is pointless because my ww just dies instantly anyway so i'm not sure how other tamers do it.

im guessing by using a razor macro
I'm sure you easily could use razor but normally I just do it manually because I worry that sometimes razor might pause or if it lags and the macro gets out of place then I get slowed down. When I do it manually I do just fine against any and everything except df like I said he kills it extremely easy. But Demise might be a different story..