UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Forum Whore Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addicted

Disciple
Re: Forum Whore Power Rankings

DasSchaf said:
weeeeeeeee
im male
i dont even know for sure what "smack my bitch up" means
weeeeeeeee
i jsut like to say it form time to time on the rigth place at the rigth time... just like weeeee
and punker is rigth also .. there is a woman buried deep in every sheep.... very deep

I always thought there was a man buried in every sheep :x

DasSchaf

Wanderer

the only think i know is.... i like the bloodhound gang
and
foxtrot
uniform
charlie
kilo

also known as *gasp* fuck

Addicted

Disciple

Punkers Slave said:
No.. no.. That's just the American way. zing! :D

j/k =P

You say that like there is something wrong with it.

I'm going to see Gwar on Saturday!! Hopefully they play "fucking an animal"

DasSchaf

Wanderer

oh noes i have to leave since your takling about stuff again i cant talk with ya.. allthough i would spamm some shit anyways...
but... still cya gn8 nubs!

Addicted

Disciple

GWAR is a satirical thrash metal/punk band formed in 1985-1986 by a group of artists, musicians, and dancers at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. The band is perhaps best known for their elaborate sci-fi/horror film inspired costumes, raunchy lyrics and graphic stage performances combining scatology, sadomasochism, rape, and violence with mock executions, fire dancing, fake pagan rituals, and other controversial themes. GWAR for a time was the leading edge of shock rock.

The origin and meaning of the band's name has been left intentionally vague by its members, although the most widely accepted explanation is that GWAR is an acronym for "God What an Awful Racket!" One rumor states that the name may have come from Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's graphic novel The Watchmen, in which a poster reads, "Pink Triangle LIVE at the Gay Women Against Rape Benefit Concert." Other unsubstantiated rumors state that GWAR! is the sound monsters make in old horror movies, or that a fan at a club yelled "You should call your band..." and vomited before he could finish, making a sound close to the word GWAR.

Another lesser-known theory proposes that GWAR stands for "Great White Aryan Race," a claim which seems, to some, mildly substantiated by the rare and possibly racist-themed bootleg "Asian." However, this theory seems unlikely considering the amount of GWAR's lyrical content devoted to satirizing and demeaning white supremacists (the most notable being the mockery and subsequent decapitation of a nazi skinhead in "Slaughterama") and that lead vocalist David Brokie (stage name Oderus Orungus) is involved with liberal oriented causes.

The band was the result of the collaboration between Hunter Jackson and Dave Brockie, the singer for a punk band called Death Piggy. Jackson was working on a movie at the time the two met. Entitled Scumdogs of the Universe, it featured a plot involving intergalactic barbarians. Jackson and Brockie combined these ideas, and since then the gimmick used by Brockie's band (re-dubbed Gwar) has been dressing up as alien warriors. Their costumes are generally made of foam latex, styrofoam, and papier-mache, and they further the gimmick in concerts by dousing their audiences with imitation blood (perhaps made with unsweetened Kool-Aid), semen, gore and other body fluids. Another trademark of GWAR's live show is their mutilations of celebrities and figures in current events. Victims of GWAR's antics have included O.J. Simpson, George W. Bush, Paris Hilton, and many others. The band also makes frequent references to political and historical figures, fantasy literature, and mythology. For instance, the song Warghoul makes reference to Minas Morgul, a setting in the J.R.R. Tolkien Lord of the Rings books; and the title of their sixth album Ragnarok comes from Norse mythology.

GWAR, though by no means small, have not enjoyed as much mainstream recognition as many bands of their seniority. Around the time of their second album (Scumdogs of the Universe), the enjoyed a fair deal of success, due in part to Beavis and Butt-head. After that, however, GWAR's popularity waned and they were even featured on the VH1 program "Where Are They Now." Though not at the peak of their popularity, GWAR was recently invited to play on the Sounds of the Underground tour, which was very well recieved.

Gwar were banned from performing in their home city of Richmond, Virgina due to their raucous stage performances; since then they have appeared under the pseudonym Rawg. The ban was recently lifted, however, and the band now plays in Richmond again. Band members and associates often have cookouts at their house, dubbed "Gwar-BQ's." The video for "Saddam a Go-Go" from This Toilet Earth appeared in the hit movie Empire Records. Gwar was/is primarily a band of former art students, and this is reflected in the obscure references made in some of their songs. Gwar fans are known as Bohabs.

selo

Wanderer

Definately, so long as it doesnt get trammeled..
We are having a general discussion so I hope it doesnt :(

BlazeOfGlory

Wanderer

Addicted said:
I work from 2:30 in the morning to 8:30 in the morning. I unload trucks for those 5 hours so it wears me out. And I posted at 9 in the morning. I nap a lot since I rarely get a full nights sleep. I'm like Kramer, 15 minutes here 15 minutes there.

Ah! have to take anap to rest yr arms so you can type more. I got ya now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.