UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Forum Consolidation

GM Nestor

Sorceror
Forums have changed many times, we'll get used to it like we did with all the changes we had.

Just take some time to familiarize with it and it will become part of your UO life.

:)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
What is the problem with the search? I find that the new search feature works way better then the old VBulletin one. It offers you to search just topic titles in the drop down box. So say you're searching for something specific like Reagent Harvest. You'll actually find what you're looking for, without resorting to google any more!

I just hope that in the future each user will be able to hide certain sub forums from showing up on their view. Perhaps limiting what the what's new link displays, so it doesn't show hidden forums that players don't want to see.

I'm sure that when Ryan gets a new theme in, it will help make things a lot better looking and easier to use. I know white and light colors look professional and all, but I think there's just too much white period now. :/

While the consolidation of the forums to a single one does have its advantages, it can have some downsides: for instance, Hybrid's sections amount to probably half the combined forum's content, but is only relevant to those playing Hybrid.

Ryan mentioned something about adding in some better separation, and I hope that fixes a lot of this. One thing I'd like (and many others) would be a profile setting to, by default, filter out specific forum sections, since I don't really know if anyone here actually PLAYS all four UOGamers shards. The filter should apply to both the "what's new?" button, and also to the default search.

Can you guys at least add an option to take away all the fail off of it?
While not perfect, there IS an option to change to at least 1 other skin; the blue bar at the bottom has a link labeled "Default Style." Clicking it will pop-up a dialog that will let you change it to the possibly slightly-more-tolerable "GrayXen" skin. Hopefully Ryan will see about providing more skins, and perhaps making one that more resembles the old forum style (one of them, at least) the default.

And for the record, the large amounts of whitespace and Times New Roman default font gives it more a WordPress look than anything.

Ryan said he will save about 1000$ per year this way.
Not to mention it saves him the headache of having to deal with vBulletin's owner, Internet Brands... Which has quickly established themselves as possibly one of the worst companies to be a client of.

Think about these words when you crawl in RunUO section or Demise bugs/fixes section.
To be frank, I also hope that they are words that the entire "official" RunUO team takes to heart as well.

edit: why forums are becoming Facebook-like?
From what I've gathered, Ryan hopes to make the whole thing more "community"-oriented, and many of the features remniscient of FaceBook appear to be what's selected so far.

Also Ryan is already getting sick of people commenting on this subject, apparently; you're hardly the first person to comment on this.

Gilly

Sorceror
I tried logging in with my Old forum name and password, but it said I didnt have an account. I made this new account same username, have I lost previous account history now?

Khephren

Knight
Bright light !!! lol

but it's changable in the option... my question is tho... I wonder if there is a way to have more color options... I dont really like white, and I don't like black... :)

(oh... and I lost my title of forum master... I want that back pleaaaaaaaase... LOL)

Bama

Bug Huntress
I'm not sure how to explain this but twice today I have received a page telling me there is an error and I am not connect to the forums when hitting the back button to leave a topic
The strange part is both times when I was able to get back on the forums (Athena and/or Xavier) had just moved a report in the bug/report section
First time a report was moved from unhandled to coder needed
Second time a report was moved from testing back to development
Both times gave me a page saying Internal Server Error
Strange..........

Vykintas

Sorceror
I'm not sure how to explain this but twice today I have received a page telling me there is an error and I am not connect to the forums when hitting the back button to leave a topic
The strange part is both times when I was able to get back on the forums (Athena and/or Xavier) had just moved a report in the bug/report section
First time a report was moved from unhandled to coder needed
Second time a report was moved from testing back to development
Both times gave me a page saying Internal Server Error
Strange..........

Just got same error, but I have no idea what caused it.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
I think it's cool you guys ditched vbulltetin, but ugh, I hate having to look at people's stupid avatars :p

Adblock Plus, ABP Element Hiding Helper +rule

runuo.com##.messageUserBlock

problem solved :=)

I think it's cool you guys ditched vbulltetin, but ugh, I hate having to look at people's stupid avatars :p
I actually agree with that; my personal preference would be, instead, if we are to have images... They be relevant: we'd have an app connected with, perhaps, the "MyUOGamers" system, that let us use their character, perhaps with a choice between in-game sprite and paperdoll. (for those without, perhaps a selection of UO sprites)

Adblock Plus, ABP Element Hiding Helper +rule

runuo.com##.messageUserBlock

problem solved :=)
Ryan also mentioned that he apparently absolutely despises people using AdBlock on the forums.

I must concur with dae here. With all the snazzy extra scripting, I'd expected this to have more slowness and hiccups... But it seems to be running every bit as smoothly for me as the old vBulletin stuff.