UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Forum Consolidation

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Forum Consolidation

As many of you are aware we are planning on a massive forum consolidation. We have chosen our forum software and our vendor who will be doing the work for us.

The conversion will likely result in some downtime on the order of up to 24 hours. I will keep you up to date on our plans and when we think we will be proceeding with this change.

Thanks for your support and I assure you after the update our forums will be much nicer and much more user friendly

The current state of the forums (their look and feel) will be nicer once the merger is completed. Please bear with the single page "smashed" view for the time being.

We will not be continuing with vBulletin because Internet Brands (who acquired vBulletin) sucks ass and that my friends is a fact.

Thanks,
Ryan

Sundoom

Sorceror
Re: Forum Consolidation

Ryan;813733 said:
We have chosen our forum software and our vendor who will be doing the work for us.

We will not be continuing with vBulletin because Internet Brands (who acquired vBulletin) sucks ass and that my friends is a fact.

I'm just curious what software you chose and yes vBulletin does suck:D

Two Wolves

Knight
Will there be a method to find "What's new?" or All Recent Messages, but just for one forum section like, UOGamers: Demise Recent Messages? Or is there already something that does this that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Crisco

Page
NO DISRESPECT:

These new forums are really gay. Can you guys at least add an option to take away all the fail off of it? I cant believe it took so long to make this shit so ugly....

Ohen

Sorceror
NO DISRESPECT:

These new forums are really gay. Can you guys at least add an option to take away all the fail off of it? I cant believe it took so long to make this shit so ugly....

I agree...

(Final post on this ugly forum.)

Dexter-LoM

Knight
is it possible to get a new theme/skin for this. kinda look like kindergarden style it looks like a forums fresh out of a college student. I know its just got up and running just my personal opinion the theme/skin makes evreything look so messy and hard to find everything.

tkx for trying am not trying to down this just trying to give some feed back.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
I hope they can be restored. All the old attachments and patches in the bug fix/coder/development/testing/ready/complete sections they are all gone.That is a lot of info that is missing
Bama they are all on the old database they should be able to merge everything back. I dont think they are actully done merging everything, Well I hope so...

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
Will there be a method to find "What's new?" or All Recent Messages, but just for one forum section like, UOGamers: Demise Recent Messages? Or is there already something that does this that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

This....

I used the "New post" botton alot and when i use it now i see mostly Hybrid stuff

Lerellian

Sorceror
Thought the same. For a game like UO, which is around 12y old, the old-fashioned way of the old forum was apropriate.

is it possible to get a new theme/skin for this. kinda look like kindergarden style it looks like a forums fresh out of a college student. I know its just got up and running just my personal opinion the theme/skin makes evreything look so messy and hard to find everything.

Evidently Ler, you haven't read at motivations... Ryan had to do this because to maintain more than one VBulletin forum was really expensive. Ryan said he will save about 1000$ per year this way.

New things always scare, so I won't say what do I prefer... I want to get a bit much used to this.

After this, I have to say I appreciate the efforts which were made on the RunUO Network about. Moreover, I like the new motto of RunUO, which should be a lesson for everyone: Learn, Listen, Communicate and Connect.

Think about these words when you crawl in RunUO section or Demise bugs/fixes section.

BTW: now the whole forum are consolidated, we could move the bugs/fixes in RunUO... after all it's all about RunUO, not really about Demise.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer

agreed, this skin is non sense, i feel like... lost, sorry.

uome

Bug Hunter
I must admit my first impression was urgh wtf, but you need to give the runuo team time finish this and also give yourself a chance to get used to it. I remember hating it the last time the forums got changed too, but that is probably me just not liking change?
btw if you don't like the blue skin in the bottom left hand corner of most pages there is an option change the style. ;)
A few more niggles i have noticed though, i can't upload .rar .dif .patch files and the main forum page looks like it could do with some consolidation, it's a long scroll to get down to where the Demise forums lurk.

Lerellian

Sorceror
Evidently a new thing cant look old?

http://www.oldtimecomputer.com/oldtimecomputer/home.html

Evidently Ler, you haven't read at motivations... Ryan had to do this because to maintain more than one VBulletin forum was really expensive. Ryan said he will save about 1000$ per year this way.

New things always scare, so I won't say what do I prefer... I want to get a bit much used to this.

After this, I have to say I appreciate the efforts which were made on the RunUO Network about. Moreover, I like the new motto of RunUO, which should be a lesson for everyone: Learn, Listen, Communicate and Connect.

Think about these words when you crawl in RunUO section or Demise bugs/fixes section.

BTW: now the whole forum are consolidated, we could move the bugs/fixes in RunUO... after all it's all about RunUO, not really about Demise.