UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

floyd mayweather vs manny pacquiao, anyone actually spending the $100 to watch it live?

dont get all mad that pacquiao, whos been washed up for some time now, lost when the only reason he accepted the fight in the first place is to fund is political campaign. Mayweather is the best of his era, proven.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
well. that was interesting

mayweather came to the ring with the burger king guy and justin beiber

manny came to the ring with late night tv host jimmy kimmel who was imitating beiber from last year

the ridiculously filthy rich hollywood crowd came out and flooded vegas international with their private jets

tom brady literally went from horse racing at the kentucky derby VIP to the maypac VIP within the span of about 6 hours

denzel = boss

tyson predicted manny would win, sorry tyson..

i really dont think nikki minaj is a boxing fan but who knows

possible future u.s. president donald trump

in the end, the best boxer not fighter won. pure techical boxing, was maybe not the most exciting thing to watch but thats why its a sport and not a fight.

it was a chess match, and mayweather played it well, the numbers never lie

it did go 12 rounds tho so a bet is a bet, i owe mr pepsi 3 mil

Last edited:

kdivers

Knight
With boxing dying out to UFC, they need to bring back bareknuckle boxing. Gloves are just there to protect the puncher, not the punchee. Sure, bareknuckle does surface damage, ie, spit lips, bloody noses, etc etc, but its actually a safer form of fighting. You can't punch as hard to the head because you will break your hand.

Think about all the long term damage NFL players get because of how rough they can be with pads vs long term damage on rugby players who need self control and awareness.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
With boxing dying out to UFC, they need to bring back bareknuckle boxing. Gloves are just there to protect the puncher, not the punchee. Sure, bareknuckle does surface damage, ie, spit lips, bloody noses, etc etc, but its actually a safer form of fighting. You can't punch as hard to the head because you will break your hand.

Think about all the long term damage NFL players get because of how rough they can be with pads vs long term damage on rugby players who need self control and awareness.

I will agree that boxing is dying.. but maybe not necessarily to UFC.

UFC actually just had a rough year last year, worst since 06/07. it's PPV/audience numbers are in a bit of a decline. But I do love UFC, and have been to a couple of fights in toronto but MMA needs to be careful going forward

Last edited:

toronto_matt

Sorceror
boxing does need some tweeks tho.. Scoring system probably needs to be looked at. Landed punches alone doesn't always tell the whole tale

Last edited:

kdivers

Knight
Hugging should be a major deduction in points, in my opinion. Every hug should be the same deduction is getting knocked down.

That shit ruins fights and is the same reason I don't care for (most) UFC much. Too much hugging, not enough action.

Also, if a fight goes on for 12 rounds and both boxers can see out of both of their eyes, its a pretty shitty fight.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
Hugging should be a major deduction in points, in my opinion. Every hug should be the same deduction is getting knocked down.

That shit ruins fights and is the same reason I don't care for (most) UFC much. Too much hugging, not enough action.

Also, if a fight goes on for 12 rounds and both boxers can see out of both of their eyes, its a pretty shitty fight.

This is why I miss the heavyweight fights.

no swollen eyes, no need for ice packs, no blood! mayweather did connect with a few nice ones you could tell just by the look on mannys face he was a bit stunned or shaken up in the last few rounds but in that weight class the fighters really only have so much power and force with those punches. add in mayweathers pure technical & defensive style I don't think we were ever gonna see a KO or much damage taken from either guy

I was youtubing some old Tysons fights earlier from when he was in his prime and just destroying people. they could barely fuckin see lol

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I'm pretty sure most of you people giving opinions as if you're an expert have never watched a boxing match before, let alone a mayweather fight.

I'm sorry Lahey for robbing you blind on this fight. I grew up 30 minutes from Floyd's hometown (Grand Rapids, MI) and have seen all of his fights. Since he broke his hand he hasn't been the same fighter. He simply can't knock people out anymore so he leans heavily on his jab and fights a mostly defensive/counter attack fight. That's the reason I made the bet, and the reason I posted this.

pretty silly all this hype over 2 welterweights playing patty cake.

No offense, but if any of you expected a knockout you are clueless about the sport of boxing. If you didn't like last night wait until the Klitchko vs Wilder fight next year, don't give up on boxing.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight

So much of this opinion is flawed. I do appreciate that this is like 3 unique views together. I just don't agree at all. You are comparing apples to oranges then you throw a potato in there.

Hugging should be a major deduction in points, in my opinion.
This I do agree with, but I don't really see a great way to implement this. If you dock somebody for hugging then it'll come down to who initiated the hug. Boxing is pretty clear on scoring so this would introduce a grey area for even more corruption.