UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fire Horn

Re: Fire Horn

wkstrm;1776445 said:
I did some testing with this like 2 years ago. It's just a surprise attak temp, it's nothing you stay and fight with. I did this template:

1. Music
2. Prov
3. Peace
4. Discordance
5. Magery
6. Eval
7. Meditation (med becaus eit's free to train, I didn't feel like spending money on something I was going to delete a couple of days later.

anyway, with precast flamestrike I ran up to people, dropped my flamestrike and did the fire horn thingy on them. it worked pretty well except for the fact that I wasn't very good at syncing the drops (my original idea was to hit with 2 flamestrikes almost at the same time). I figure doing this with a FS scroll and the fire horn will guarantee that you get off both flamestrikes. then I would finish with classic e-bolt.

second test would be with explosion precast, then cast flamestrike and drop fire horn. worked better. although it's possible to survive, seem to be with little hp left though. I guess thoring in a wand here would do the combo ultragay. also, after this you're mor or less defenceless since you won't have that much mana left. :)

I guess a dexer/mage could have some use for it if you just get musicanship for example. it's like an extra free spell. but then I guess a peacer-dexer is what you would like to play and this for PvM mostly.

Agreed, the main use of the firehorn is psychological purposes. A bard tamer farming has a gank squad run in on them if you use fire horn and they all see 5 flamestrikes bursting out at each of them. This usually gives you enough time to escape while they are reacting to the visual and audio stimuli.

wkstrm

Lord

plague_spores;1787474 said:
Agreed, the main use of the firehorn is psychological purposes. A bard tamer farming has a gank squad run in on them if you use fire horn and they all see 5 flamestrikes bursting out at each of them. This usually gives you enough time to escape while they are reacting to the visual and audio stimuli.

indeed. the unexpected is mostly your best defence. :)

I saw a TV show about animals some years ago where this little squirrillike animal attacked some kind of wild cat and the cat got like WTF?! and the squirill could get away. same thing here. :D

Ahuna Vairya

Wanderer

I've been playing a firehorn wielding pvp bard (mage med eval music peace provo discord) and been getting tons of kills with it. Carry EQ scrolls, lightning wands, purples, and 20 heal pots to cover for your lack of resist and you can really dish out the damage. It is also important to always take the first offense; carry a mana drain wand so you dont have to burn your precious mana on their reflect. weaken explo fs fire horn kills almost every time, if not, followup and harass with lightning wand/explo pots and finish with another explo eb firehorn. Firehorns are also extremely low cooldown so use that to your advantage.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

plague_spores;1787474 said:

wow. Look funny. I should experiment it with my discord peace tamer. Even it may not kill, it is still cool. I guess many players here never experience fire horn burning. It definitely will give them a shock. :)