UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fire Horn

Dark MaGe

Wanderer
Fire Horn

UO Stratics - Fire Horns

* A fire horn is a weapon that can only be used by bards.
* It works as a kind of area effect fire damage spell.
* The more points you have in the 4 bard skills, the more damage you will inflict.
* Using a fire horn requires at least 52.6 Musicianship skill.
* Using a fire horn will use up 4 Sulfurous Ash.
* You have to be within 3 tiles of your target to use a fire horn.
* When you use a fire horn there is a small delay until you can use it again.
* Each time you use a fire horn there is a 1% chance that it will break.
* When used against another player the fire horn will do less damage than against a monster.

Success Chance: 95%
PvP Damage: 36 - 44
PvM Damage: 54 - 66

I was just a bit curious as to what PVP damage the Fire Horn does, same goes for PVM. And if the damage is all around the same area PVP and PVM.

Dark MaGe

Wanderer
Re: Fire Horn

Oh wow, what a waste of a template. I think Hybrid should make their templates a little bit more fun, if you can have wacky templates that kill than why not. But seriously I think the fire horn uses should be changed, it just seems like a waste of time to make that character and than have every single fire horn break after another. Well I guess I won't make that template than. What template would you recommend for soloing "Doc Martin".

Oh and thanks for letting me know ahead of time, I was about to make that character too.

Mara

Knight

I usually got 3-5 uses out of my firehorns in the past, and with all four bard skills they do decent damage. The amount of damage they do is affected by the resisting spells skill though. You can do some pretty amazing things with them if you take the time to learn how to do combos with them, however, like most specialities you wind up with some weaknesses in your template that can be sometimes hard to cover up.

I think they are about as useful as they should be. I'm one of the few people that has played a PVP bard for a bit in the past. It's just a template that has some weaknesses to it, just like tamers that try to do too much with their template.

Ankoku15

Sorceror

Zagar230;1776367 said:
if i have all thoes how much pvp dmg will it do?

For crying out loud READ THE POSTS

Success Chance: 95%
PvP Damage: 36 - 44
PvM Damage: 54 - 66

but this won't take into account resist which will probably half that number if they are gm

i doubt it would half it. i used to have a buddy about a year ago that did some combos on me with fire horns, if you weaken the person it can kill them really easily

its like a flame strike with 100% success, and no casting time. he dropped me a few times, of course i didnt drink a G Heal or Prep a heal or anything. He just told me to stand still and a second later i was ghosted

the only problem is you won't have wrestling so dexers will rape you

Anyone know if you can use it while running? Would be funny to use it while chasing someone. It'd be like a Flamestrike-wand. Could be pretty funny to roll two red bards and own people with musicianship.

When we rolled, I pretty much just ran in and spammed Magic Arrows on someone so they couldnt recall or heal, and then he would run in and Explo-->Ebolt--> Firehorn

Ankoku15

Sorceror

CHINA NUMBER ONE;1776410 said:
i doubt it would half it. i used to have a buddy about a year ago that did some combos on me with fire horns, if you weaken the person it can kill them really easily

its like a flame strike with 100% success, and no casting time. he dropped me a few times, of course i didnt drink a G Heal or Prep a heal or anything. He just told me to stand still and a second later i was ghosted

you know a good dump nearly kills you by itself right?

an explosion pot can usually be timed to insta kill you with a simple dump if your weakened and they time it properly so thats hardly proof that it does more, and resist seems to lower damage by nearly half for spells so thats probably pretty accurate

plus, lets look at it like this

1. Music
2. Prov
3. Peace
4. Discordance
5. Magery
6. Eval
7. Resist

you have no other build options really, lol

can't do normal fighting/dexxer skills unless you don't want resist(lol) or don't mind doing 1/3rd or less of your melee damage(even more lol)
and you don't even have defensive wrestling, this build is purely offensive and just sorta swaps out alchemy and its explosion pots with a fire spell and you have to swap out 4 skill slots for that damage

you also don't have the healing and buff advantages that alchemy normally applies and your a giant target for dexxers

there is a reason you don't see everyone running around with this build even though it probly does a little more damage then an explosion pot

is the Firehorn insta cast or do you have to be standing still or pause for a sec? because if it is instant that would give it a lot more credibility as a build in my opinion

i would say they should be treated as a magical instrument and have x number of charges/uses before breaking rather then a high chance to break with each use

Phooey

Knight

I've got a bard with 4x bard skills and I've tested in on friends and seen it completely resisted - no damage.

Ankoku15;1776414 said:
you know a good dump nearly kills you by itself right?

an explosion pot can usually be timed to insta kill you with a simple dump if your weakened and they time it properly so thats hardly proof that it does more, and resist seems to lower damage by nearly half for spells so thats probably pretty accurate

plus, lets look at it like this

1. Music
2. Prov
3. Peace
4. Discordance
5. Magery
6. Eval
7. Resist

you have no other build options really, lol

can't do normal fighting/dexxer skills unless you don't want resist(lol) or don't mind doing 1/3rd or less of your melee damage(even more lol)
and you don't even have defensive wrestling, this build is purely offensive and just sorta swaps out alchemy and its explosion pots with a fire spell and you have to swap out 4 skill slots for that damage

you also don't have the healing and buff advantages that alchemy normally applies and your a giant target for dexxers

there is a reason you don't see everyone running around with this build even though it probly does a little more damage then an explosion pot

is the Firehorn insta cast or do you have to be standing still or pause for a sec? because if it is instant that would give it a lot more credibility as a build in my opinion

i would say they should be treated as a magical instrument and have x number of charges/uses before breaking rather then a high chance to break with each use
Yes im not a noob. Ive been playing for a long ass time. But the reason I was dumbfounded was cause he didn't tell me what he was doing.

A firehorn easily takes 30% health or more, so I was surprised when he did a regular combo, and then a weird horn-sound played and fire shot out of me and I dropped. Sure a regular combo can kill you, but without a pot/lightning wand, it wont be instant-kill.

And I'm about 70% sure its an insta-cast that you can do by running

Phooey;1776415 said:
I've got a bard with 4x bard skills and I've tested in on friends and seen it completely resisted - no damage.

Hmm I don't doubt you have. But like I said a year ago I rolled with a red bard (among his other red chars) and all my job was to disrupt them from recalling (as they were usually tamers farming) and then he would run in and combo them with the firehorns.

Worked pretty well until we ran into dexers.

Mara

Knight

I have never seen it do zero damage phooey, even against opponent with full resist. I think that you may have been using it on a fellow party member or blue on blue. It's an area effect damage, so the same rules apply.

What Ankoku said is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. Even in the template he posted, the character has no meditation. Playing a mage without meditation is worse than playing with no resist. You can do some interesting things out there, but no matter how you try to work the bard template - you are going to get crushed by PVPers unless you can catch them off guard.

My view is basically its a insta-cast Flamestrike that costs no mana. Which sounds great but when you realise you have to give up 4 slots for it, its not so hot.

It is fun to play as a support character for a group of PKs. He was named SOULJA BOY in all caps and wore like full invuln plate so dexers didn't bother him.

He never logged on it, unless he had someone else to PK with.

I remember we kicked a lot of ass, until we ran into some Jap with a Verite warhammer who smoked both of us 1v2 with his warhammer and Meteor Swarm, then we rage logged and never used his bard to PK again.

wkstrm

Lord

I did some testing with this like 2 years ago. It's just a surprise attak temp, it's nothing you stay and fight with. I did this template:

1. Music
2. Prov
3. Peace
4. Discordance
5. Magery
6. Eval
7. Meditation (med becaus eit's free to train, I didn't feel like spending money on something I was going to delete a couple of days later.

anyway, with precast flamestrike I ran up to people, dropped my flamestrike and did the fire horn thingy on them. it worked pretty well except for the fact that I wasn't very good at syncing the drops (my original idea was to hit with 2 flamestrikes almost at the same time). I figure doing this with a FS scroll and the fire horn will guarantee that you get off both flamestrikes. then I would finish with classic e-bolt.

second test would be with explosion precast, then cast flamestrike and drop fire horn. worked better. although it's possible to survive, seem to be with little hp left though. I guess thoring in a wand here would do the combo ultragay. also, after this you're mor or less defenceless since you won't have that much mana left. :)

I guess a dexer/mage could have some use for it if you just get musicanship for example. it's like an extra free spell. but then I guess a peacer-dexer is what you would like to play and this for PvM mostly.