UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Finished with Downtime on 7-31

Re: Downtime 7-31

ASayre,
We thank you for letting us know what is going on with the down time..Those of us who play here and only here, are having awful withdrawal Pains:)
I do hope those from Our Guild EVB will check this out and remain patient.
Again thank you for the wonderful server we play on.

Naddict

Sorceror

The revert should be exactly 15 minutes since the server crashed right as a world save began.

guruchild2

Sorceror

What time did the server crash exactly?

I logged and went to bed sometime last night, just wondering if there was any chance I logged in that last 15 minutes!

Thanks.

clutch

Wanderer

I got back into UO to substitute for my poker addiction... this could get expensive... :/

guruchild2

Sorceror

Yeah, I'm suffering. I already went and bought a donation ethy swamp dragon. Hope I can get it when the shard comes back online!

sarper

Wanderer

umm its been said that it will take about 8 hours, and its nearly 10 hours after that post now. =)

Do we have any news? an Estimation maybe. =)

Gathog

Sorceror

That post was at 1AM too. Even techs need their beauty rest...Give it time. UO is cheaper than having a real life, but go out to eat or something...

I'd guess that, if my presumptions were correct, the drive in question should be largely re-built. Of course, once it's re-built, there still needs to be someone to reboot the server, and load up UO.

Note that ASayre mentioned that this point, at least at the earliest possible time, would fall in the middle of their sleep. It may be that they'll decide to simply sleep through the rest of the time, and it may be until, say, 4-6+ hours before the server's back online and running.

I know it's painful for many of you, but try patience; perhaps you could realize that your "disaster preparedness" :)p) wasn't all that great, and you could work on improving it, so the NEXT time all your usual choices are down for a day...

huh

Wanderer

8 hours was an "ESTIMATE" for having the raid rebuilt. Anyone who has actually worked with servers and rebuilding raid arrays knows that this may take more time. Some time arrays are finicky and dont want to come back online right away after being rebuilt. its happened to me before, expected a 5-6 hour outage that went for almost 10 because the array took longer than predicted to rebuild.

elongshanks

Wanderer

That post was at 1AM too. Even techs need their beauty rest...Give it time. UO is cheaper than having a real life, but go out to eat or something...

well took youre advise and had some harveys hehe ease up on em guys demise hardly ever goes down, It will be up when its up besides.....take a break go out talk to women or something :D

Overkill_001

Wanderer

Better a few hours' downtime than enduring those 40-second savetimes and increasingly frequent server lags. Gawd, those were horrible.

Thanks for the heads up, Demise staff!

Oh, by the way, you might want to update the main page (www.uodemise.com) for even quicker access to news and events happening on the server. The last update there was March 31! :)

DaZeD-demise

Sorceror

Overkill_001 said:
Better a few hours' downtime than enduring those 40-second savetimes and increasingly frequent server lags. Gawd, those were horrible.

Thanks for the heads up, Demise staff!

Oh, by the way, you might want to update the main page (www.uodemise.com) for even quicker access to news and events happening on the server. The last update there was March 31! :)

woah! its like u can read my mind... i was just sitting here thinking about all of that myself, but i just didnt feel like typeing it all out and then all of a sudden i see it.
thats 2 cool... try it again... what am i thinking now. lolz

Edit: hell yeah! ty ASayre and everyone else who aided in the repair, we are all very greatfull for your hard work.

L

Luigi

Re: Finished with Downtime on 7-31

rofl asayre ftw.
I wish all companies had customer service like him, fast and right on the target :/