UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction ppl read this

Sir Elton John said:
not like anyone respects what u have to say
This bothers me because? And people do, just not that post here. Even if NO ONE did I wouldn't shut up. Elton all I've got to say is: kill me in a duel than talk.

strtrk

Wanderer
DiamondsNGuns said:
This bothers me because? And people do, just not that post here. Even if NO ONE did I wouldn't shut up. Elton all I've got to say is: kill me in a duel than talk.

That's such a stupid response...

elton could easily reply, "kill me on the field, then talk"
and he'd be just as cool as you

we have fought outside of the duel pits once thats the only time we have fought and the outcome was me winning...

but seriously what the fuck

i dont sit here and make fun of u because i think u suck

i do it because i think ur a douchebag i dont care about how well u can mash buttons

get that in ur head and keep it there

If you base your UO skill on dueling, then you, sir, have no skill at all.

Winning plenty of duels has nothing to do with being a good "pvper". Period.

Anyone can practice a preset ruleset and become unbeatable or very difficult to beat just by dueling over and over..

Once you've became a feared name in the field, you earn my respect, and probably most of the shards.

Pre-UO;R was where the dueling was at, people who were good back then, were respected. There was no candle casting, there was no In Mani spamming, there was no bullshit ruleset. Only precasting heal was for faggots, period.

I'm not living in the past, just letting you all know that being ranked xx Level means shit, to most of us, I'd like to believe.

I always respected those guys who were fucking impossible to kill in field combat, dexers, mages, didn't matter. I knew a few guys in my time on OSI, that if you saw them in the field, be prepared for a fucking fight. Didn't matter how many people you had with you, if they wanted you dead, you'd see black before they would. I've yet to find someone of that caliber on this shard, but if and when I do, believe that they will get their proper respect.

I'm not knocking any of your skills, just pointing out that there is a whole different world outside those duel pits.

Vexorcism

Wanderer
I hate how some people try to dispute that dexxers can miss while mages hardly ever fizzle and don't fizzle on spells like e bolt/explode... Well isn't there obviously a reasoning behind that?? Dexxers can whack and whack and whack until their weapons break or they lose all their stamina... Mages however have a very limited supply of mana that cannot be replaced by potions... And yes dexxers miss, but thats only because mages have to stop in one place in order to cast a spell, and even after they attempt to cast there is no saying whether or not they will get the spell off before it is disturbed by a dexxer... So yes.. it balances out.. no matter how much you want to argue it doesnt. The only diff is that mage's are able to deal out a lot of dmg in a short period of time, but if they fail in that attempt then they are up shits creek... Dexxers however get chance and chance again to try to get that smashing blow.

Well, I hope they fix damage then, if that's why. I miss seeing the "Insert Name Here" on my screen, and getting cold-chills when initiating combat, because I knew that it was gonna be good.

If it's one thing UO;R PvP has done good for me, it's weaken the pvp factor so I don't get so nervous where I have to smoke a cigarette after every fight.

Thx UO;R for helping me cut back.

Saint Paul

Wanderer
RacecaR said:
To be a good mage takes more skill than to be a good dexxer. You guys call it button smashing...but the smashing needs to be done with timing and you have to know what button to smash and when. Another reason is that there are more mage templates than dexxer. Heal mage...scribe/stun...poisoin...alchy, etc. Dexxers need timing such as for bandages, but so do heal mages. They have to chug, so do mages. Dexxers need luck as well, to actually swing and hit and to get some nice damage. Mages just need luck for damage.

Now with this said and with all these dexxers complaining about this shit. The most dominant template in the game is alchy dexxer. All you have to do is learn how to throw pots and time your heals...you will dominate.

Kafi............................

Vexorcism

Wanderer
Saint Paul said:
Kafi............................

Anyone with a mount with somewhat decent stamina, and attacklast/target last macros can play an alchey dexxer. Kafi was exceptional because he started the trend.

I don’t get your sig either... There is a saint guild, and you’re not a part of it.. So I don’t see how you could have begun it, and obviously it’s not ended.. So that makes no sense... Not To Mention Your Sig Is Hard To Read Because You Capitalize Every Word For No Apparent Reason.

JasonU

Wanderer
I hear ya PhireHawk. What shard on OSI are you from?

We first came here from Pacific shortly after the whipe. Group warfare was really big on Pac and there were quite a few people like you describe that when you saw them on the field, your stood up straight in your chair, clinched your mouse a little tighter and got ready for a ride....cause some how some way those fuckers allways managed to stay alive and take people down.

We came here with that group warfare mindset and much to our suprise everyone else seemd to be VERY duel oriented. Evrery time we killed someone the first thing that came out thier mouth was "Duel me bitch" LOL

BrandT

Wanderer
Well I may have spoken out of place, because I haven't tested it myself, I ran it a couple of times but didn't like it. But, I thought I had seen people talking about how it pathfinds for you when you are running in the woods...

Well, rajun, I played on Lake Superior/Seige Perilous.

LS wasn't the best shard for pvp, I don't think, but it had it's moments.

I just kinda miss the whole guild rivalry, mass war kinda thing. Seems like the only mass-wars are at strongholds.. but that shouldn't be where it's at 24/7, ya know? The only true stronghold is Minax, because they are OUT of town, and Reds can come pk the factioneers, rest of the SH's are protected by lame guards.

Anywho, I just miss fighting big guilds, and always having that one standout guy in the guild that seemed to lead the battle every time. In here it just seems like every fgt is named the exact same thing if their in a guild, and there is no individuality.

About the whole, duel me bitch, thing. People who say that shit are mad because you violated their little "close-minded" ruleset of how pvp should work, so they want to get you into THEIR environment where they feel comfortable pvping.

People who think close-minded about a game, need to go fucking go play Pong, and get off an MMORPG that changes EVERY DAY.

Blah.

/endrant

Monoxide

Sorceror
PhireHawk said:
I just kinda miss the whole guild rivalry, mass war kinda thing. Seems like the only mass-wars are at strongholds.. but that shouldn't be where it's at 24/7, ya know? The only true stronghold is Minax, because they are OUT of town, and Reds can come pk the factioneers, rest of the SH's are protected by lame guards.
You're forgetting the Shadowlord base.

Yeh, didn't think about SL, but since the base is multi-leveled, most ppl that are in factions are sitting inside the base anyways. Not many people are sitting outside, but if only for a brief time before entering.

Minax has that whole chokehold passageway, and the field in front, that the attacking army has to retreat to each time. A team of pks placed behind the attackers = dissorder and confusion for most.

SL's base, you can retreat 1 story, and still be safe from any blues/reds that are non-factions.

But yeah, you're right. I forgot about SL.