UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Essence of Wind

Lucifall

Knight
Edit: now that I think about it, winding is the only alternative to being a tactics mage, which is the only other way to stop the incredibly fast healing that can be achieved by UOSteam, so perhaps it is somewhat good for the shard... :/
Mortal, nox, synch drops, synch special hits. UOS heal is easy to beat with player skill.

I do agree without about EoW being OP, however.

Necrodog

Page
Mortal, nox, synch drops, synch special hits. UOS heal is easy to beat with player skill.

I do agree without about EoW being OP, however.
Mortal is a great way to beat it, but you can run from mortal. If you bola someone and get them mortalled, chances are they will put pixies on you and essence you. Since the pixies cost much less mana to bring out then to put away, it's really not very effective to do things that way.

Poisoning is a great way of beating it, but only if they dont have cure pots, and EVERYONE carries cure pots.

Sync drops are good as well, but they require more than one person. Usually I just end up running around fighting people for an hour and a half if I do get lucky and find a 1v1 at the Brit Gate. and I can always run from mortals (that is, unless I make some REALLY stupid mistakes...)

Look, I know I sound like I'm just whining at this point, but all I want is more balanced PvP.

Abdul-Qadir

Traveler
you play with the sega, how can you want more balance in pvp.
you only know gank, you are a horde against small clans

Lucifall

Knight
Mortal is a great way to beat it, but you can run from mortal. If you bola someone and get them mortalled, chances are they will put pixies on you and essence you. Since the pixies cost much less mana to bring out then to put away, it's really not very effective to do things that way.
Pixies costing so little mana is a bug, and not everyone plays a SW (well, unless you are SEGA).

Poisoning is a great way of beating it, but only if they dont have cure pots, and EVERYONE carries cure pots.
You spend way more cure pots than the attacker spends poison potions.

Sync drops are good as well, but they require more than one person. Usually I just end up running around fighting people for an hour and a half if I do get lucky and find a 1v1 at the Brit Gate. and I can always run from mortals (that is, unless I make some REALLY stupid mistakes...)
lol? You are looking for a 1x1 at brit gate?

Sure, you can run from mortal. But that doesn't means you will survive it, unless all you do is run and heal. Most of the damage in PvP happens when both sides are attacking, not when one is on the defensive (running) while the other keeps putting pressure.

Look, I know I sound like I'm just whining at this point
It's all cool and dandy in theory, but the fact that people fuck up all the time with everything you pointed out is why I play a nox mage with a wide array of heal blocking methods.

[QUOTE="Necrodog, post: 4111859, member: 16 but all I want is more balanced PvP.
Then you should be defending the downgrading of such an overpowered spell that EoW is.

Necrodog

Page
Pixies costing so little mana is a bug, and not everyone plays a SW (well, unless you are SEGA).

You spend way more cure pots than the attacker spends poison potions.

lol? You are looking for a 1x1 at brit gate?

Sure, you can run from mortal. But that doesn't means you will survive it, unless all you do is run and heal. Most of the damage in PvP happens when both sides are attacking, not when one is on the defensive (running) while the other keeps putting pressure.

It's all cool and dandy in theory, but the fact that people fuck up all the time with everything you pointed out is why I play a nox mage with a wide array of heal blocking methods.

[QUOTE="Necrodog, post: 4111859, member: 16 but all I want is more balanced PvP.
Then you should be defending the downgrading of such an overpowered spell that EoW is.
All valid points, but a template should not NEED mortal/poisoning to be truly effective.

That's why I don't like spellweaving; it has so many extremely powerful spells (the main culprit being EoW), that it is almost necessary in order to compete with other spellweavers, at champion spawns especially. It is so powerful it nerfs nearly everything else.

And btw... no, I don't look for 1v1's at the Brit Gate. I learned my lesson the hard way about why not to ;)

When I do get one, I either end up chasing someone around for hours because I'm poor and can't afford a tactics mage that has dem tasty mortals, or I end up in a big group fight.

Lucifall

Knight
All valid points, but a template should not NEED mortal/poisoning to be truly effective.

That's why I don't like spellweaving; it has so many extremely powerful spells (the main culprit being EoW), that it is almost necessary in order to compete with other spellweavers, at champion spawns especially. It is so powerful it nerfs nearly everything else.

Precisely my point. Each template is supposed to have it's strengths and weaknesses. A pure mage has a lot of mana and is able to dish out large amounts of damage in little time, but has very poor heal block capabilities. The thing is: With SW, you have: a lot of damage, a lot of defense, a lot of survival and the most overpowered spell in the game at the very questionable downside of these spells costing a lot of mana (and this can be easily mitigated). As for neeeeeeeding nox/mortal... some people might need it (lag, lack of skill, etc.) but I don't really need mortal / nox to kill people. It's just a crutch that I like to have since I am usually outnumbered. Rider of Scourge is a 6x120 necro mage and I do just fine with him if I play right.

And btw... no, I don't look for 1v1's at the Brit Gate. I learned my lesson the hard way about why not to ;)
Good! You'd be in for a very bad time if you did.

Last edited:

Necrodog

Page
Precisely my point. Each template is supposed to have it's strengths and weaknesses. A pure mage has a lot of mana and is able to dish out large amounts of damage in little time, but has very poor heal block capabilities. The thing is: With SW, you have: a lot of damage, a lot of defense, a lot of survival and the most overpowered spell in the game at the very questionable downside of these spells costing a lot of mana (and this can be easily mitigated). As for neeeeeeeding nox/mortal... some people might need it (lag, lack of skill, etc.) but I don't really need mortal / nox to kill people. It's just a crutch that I like to have since I am usually outnumbered. Rider of Scourge is a 6x120 necro mage and I do just fine with him if I play right.

Good! You'd be in for a very bad time if you did.
Exactly. Not only do gift of life and gift of renewal give you neigh invincibility, you also have arguably the most powerful summon in the game and the undisputed king of AoE's and disablement at your disposal.

I guess we should have just made a thread about how broken that spellweaving is in general lol :p

Necrodog

Page
you play with the sega, how can you want more balance in pvp.
you only know gank, you are a horde against small clans
Just because we abuse things like Spellweaving and having everyone with the same name does not mean that we like to do it. I would prefer that spellweaving got a nerf, but as long as it is still so powerful we are shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't use it.