UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Easy UO PVP scripts

Blacula

Knight
Disabling the ability to loop and cross link macros is a pretty terrible idea. There are so many useful applications of those outside of PvP.
Coming from a guy that uses these functions inside PvP, and automates mostly every aspect of UO in general I can see why you feel the need to defend loops.

Forgive me for not realizing the full-scope of Razor loops/chained macros but this is what comes to mind:

1. Afk skill-training loops
2. Afk-crafting loops
3. Afk resource-gathering bots (illegal)
4. Utility bots (e.g., your afk carpentry vendor, and afk pet res bot, Gungle George)
5. Res bots
6. Spawn bots (illegal)
7. PvP bots (illegal)

If there were no fully-automatic methods of performing actions inside UO with Razor, wouldn't that make it a lot harder to claim that a malicious afk-everything junkie was using Razor instead of their EUO script? I think so.

MB

Knight
None of my PvP macros use a loop or crosslink, but don't you think it'd be a bit annoying to not he able to train skills or craft potions automatically. Not to mention valid PvM applications like a sampire targeting loop.

Bile

Knight
Don't you think it'd be a bit annoying to not he able to train skills

or craft potions automatically.

Not to mention valid PvM applications like a sampire targeting loop.

1. I trained my first mage and blacksmith by hand on OSI, I think I can handle fast skill gain.. I hope others could too, doubt it though..

2. *Platemail Gorget, Platemail Gorget, Platemail Gorget, Heal Potion, Heal Potion, Heal Potion* Still just as easy..

3. 1st Key = Closest Gray/Orange - 2nd Key = Attack Last

Enaruki

Traveler
I think a question that should be asked is, "How many people would PvP if scripts were made legal?" You guys keep thinking about scripts for your use only. The silly, "synch dump" scripts aside, how many people don't PvP now because they're just not good enough? There are really only a few main things scripts can offer: Special Toggling Aids, Pot Chugging, Bandages, Dart/Shuriken throwing, and aided group targeting. Scripts that cast spells for you are extremely shaky and most people agree you can already do the main things with razor anyways. However, scripts offer the ability to automate the simple tasks. Any good PvPer will agree that no matter how many scripts someone else is running, there is still a level of skill involved and better players can kill that scripted person.

So let's go to this statement above me:
a-e-i-Own-you said:
Fuck scripts for PvP. Manually or you're a coward; plain and simple.
This statement discourages PvP, which I'm sure all pvpers don't want. Really, there's little difference between someone pvping with a script and someone without other than how fast they chug their pots BUT as pointed out in this topic, having the timing to control when you chug your pots is important. Which is why player skill > scripts. So why not have a bunch of nooby PvPers running around with scripts because they think it makes them better at PvP? It's more PvP isn't it? Most of you can barely tell the difference between them anyways. I guarantee you guys have all been accused of using scripts/hacking at one time or another whether you were or not.

I remember Frost saying you can only be as good as the people you PvP against or something to that effect. So even if you weren't using the scripts, wouldn't overall quality of PvP improve AND you would only be forced to get better to combat someone with a PvP script.

lukin69

Knight
Very provocative counter point. I was waiting for someone to have a decent one. You are quite right, we are fighting quite a many scripted robots as it is, and still come out on top more often than not. (depending on the foe being fought...) So where does that leave us?

1. They wont be going away, as they cant be detected to any modicum of success which would actually make a difference.
2. If the scripts stopped, suddenly the kids that are "seemingly" half decent or really good will be asolute trash/garbage/cannon fodder unworthy of fight.
3. If they crack down hard on anyone who is "suspected", we will lose half of our felucca population.
4. There will be people that are ALWAYS going to be accused of some sort of cheating, regardless of whether they are truly legit or not. Cant just jail people on suspicion constantly, its not fair.

So where do you draw the line?

It just kinda stinks putting hours of practice in to actually try and learn to be as good as some of the other folks here, only to see some kids running around with almost the same accuracy and timing as you do, insta pot chugging. Insta healing. Only it has nothing to do with their skill, being as its all a giant obvious script (which you can tell rather easily these days).

Dexter-LoM

Knight
I think a question that should be asked is, "How many people would PvP if scripts were made legal?" You guys keep thinking about scripts for your use only. The silly, "synch dump" scripts aside, how many people don't PvP now because they're just not good enough? There are really only a few main things scripts can offer: Special Toggling Aids, Pot Chugging, Bandages, Dart/Shuriken throwing, and aided group targeting. Scripts that cast spells for you are extremely shaky and most people agree you can already do the main things with razor anyways. However, scripts offer the ability to automate the simple tasks. Any good PvPer will agree that no matter how many scripts someone else is running, there is still a level of skill involved and better players can kill that scripted person.

So let's go to this statement above me:

This statement discourages PvP, which I'm sure all pvpers don't want. Really, there's little difference between someone pvping with a script and someone without other than how fast they chug their pots BUT as pointed out in this topic, having the timing to control when you chug your pots is important. Which is why player skill > scripts. So why not have a bunch of nooby PvPers running around with scripts because they think it makes them better at PvP? It's more PvP isn't it? Most of you can barely tell the difference between them anyways. I guarantee you guys have all been accused of using scripts/hacking at one time or another whether you were or not.

I remember Frost saying you can only be as good as the people you PvP against or something to that effect. So even if you weren't using the scripts, wouldn't overall quality of PvP improve AND you would only be forced to get better to combat someone with a PvP script.
Actually scripts can improve allot more then just automated pots or aid or dart, I could show you a script or even better go see some script kiddies that we currently have that ping 100+ and cast faster then if they would ping 10, If I decide to play legit because I rather to then pulling a stupid script to play for me then I should be aloud to. I am including razor in this also because one guild in particular always finds a way to cheat to improve there game play from Ce to euo to razor to razor 1.0. Razor is a flaky as Euo by letting one cast at max server speed.

Just for Fun lets look back at the past.
Things that were aloud but removed
2005-2007
EUO-Play UO- Razor 1.0 Proxi
in 2007/2008 Staff decided to remove the right to use these 3 programs in the same year
Di. left / got ban for still using it
Gunz / Dc got ban for using razor 1.0 and euo and abusing / found a Val hammer with 3000 charge and hiding it from staff and using this staff modded ring with 100 necro and more crazy mods
2009/2010
Rw got there castle droped in luna for a huge event for using proxi and razor 1.0
Multiple Dc took a vacation because they were unable to use such programs
2011/2012
Staff now can detect Ce and quite a few people are not able to skip away anymore.
People found a bug/a hole in Razor that by running a small macro can make them cast like razor 1.0 / play uo
Di. tried to make a come back but got busted for using euo for farming and auto looting corpse a few months later tried to make another come back and got busted for curing mortal.
don't quote me on the exact date but that is pretty much it. So really what changed since 2005 lol

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
My favorite part was when Enaruki wrote a bunch of stuff (like usual) that he has no factual basis for writing. I bet you were the kid in school that wrote ten page papers where 90% of the content was BS (or filler, to be more polite). Lots of words, not a lot of substance.

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
The first part of your post where you say 'a question that should be asked'... well that's actually this thread. And that's actually the content of my first post.

Enaruki

Traveler
Aegian Rayth said:
The first part of your post where you say 'a question that should be asked'... well that's actually this thread. And that's actually the content of my first post.
Your question was "If Easy UO scripts that aided you in PVP were legal and allowed, would you use them?" Not, how many people would PvP if scripts were allowed. It's a subtle difference, but it's a completely different topic.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Ok Now back to the main Question, My answer is No regardless if it was euo razor play uo razor 1.0 or any shitty 3rd party,

Pegasus321

Sorceror
My favorite part was when Enaruki wrote a bunch of stuff (like usual) that he has no factual basis for writing. I bet you were the kid in school that wrote ten page papers where 90% of the content was BS (or filler, to be more polite). Lots of words, not a lot of substance.

i feel that he made valid arguments, if the goal of this thread is to have a conversation you should rebuke his claims with the "factual basis" that you claim to have.

On OP Topic: No, i wouldnt.

On Enaruki Topic: i dont feel that it would bring alot of people to PVP:
1. the ones the would like it all ready use it and PVP with it.
2. Alot of people just want the scrolls from fel champs and dont venture there looking to PVP. I am sure these people would use Scripts to help keep themselves alive but most likely still would just try to escape.
3. The ones that dont want to PVP dont want to PVP and wont go no matter what.
4. Some people want to PVP but dont feel good enough, or scared to die so they try it. As you pointed out these people will still get owned by players of skill, so after a short period of PVP they will realise they still cant win and will go back to what they did before.

Also i think most 10 page papers are 90% BS...

Bile

Knight
4. There will be people that are ALWAYS going to be accused of some sort of cheating, regardless of whether they are truly legit or not. Cant just jail people on suspicion constantly, its not fair.

Please let me know when Curing Mortal is a good thing to do... We can atleast catch the dumb scripters that haven't switched to instant Spirit Speak yet..

This statement discourages PvP, which I'm sure all pvpers don't want. Really, there's little difference between someone pvping with a script and someone without..

That's dumb

Guy 1: Uses EasyUO - Holds one key down for both Mini Heal & Cure that auto-targets perfectly
Guy 2: Legit - Two Separate Keys for Heal & Cure, must scroll his mouse for each of the spells

Who do you think will flub up first?

Robot > Human Error

It's one of the reasons why some of us still enjoy this game; the Human vs. Human factor.. Having the option to mindlessly keep yourself alive takes alot of the fun out of the fight, even if your dominating that robot, trust me..

*folds chessboard and leaves the park*

Dexter-LoM

Knight
It's one of the reasons why some of us still enjoy this game; the Human vs. Human factor.. Having the option to mindlessly keep yourself alive takes alot of the fun out of the fight, even if your dominating that robot, trust me..

*folds chessboard and leaves the park*
Reason why I still loose my insurance money to this guy,

compared to some others that Ill just pack up and leave since obviously I am on top for being a human.

haven't seen robot do my mistake and cast heal and scroll up instead of down lol I love this when all I see is WAAABAAAMMM insta death then bile walks away saying I win lol shit made me laugh lol fighting in GZ for the win

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Sorry Enaruki, I must have misread some of your post... Probably because I tend to just skim them when I see your name. Don't be offended though... Just a little forum pvp. Work is boring today.

lukin69

Knight
Please let me know when Curing Mortal is a good thing to do... We can atleast catch the dumb scripters that haven't switched to instant Spirit Speak yet..

oh, don't misunderstand me. I never said it was a good thing. In fact as fun as it is to destroy some idiot casting cure over and over when he is mortaled, it is incredibly annoying to see makes me angry. I was just speaking on the old "innocent until proven guilty" adage.