UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Downtime and updates, 12/15/06

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer
(Finished with)Downtime and updates, 12/15/06

Downtime finished.

If you still can not connect, you must wait for the DNS to propagate, or, connect directly to 75.126.37.245 (port 2593)

Reason for downtime is as follows:

ASayre is an evil jerk who really just wants to ruin everyone's day and doesn't care at all about Demise. :rolleyes: Or....

Server upgrade. 8 CPUs, 12 gigs of ram, all new box, all new datacenter. Demise and Hybrid are now on the exact same type of hardware. This means that Demise and Hybrid now share the title of having The Most Powerful free shard hardware, in the world.

Optimizations. Do I really need to explain what this word means?

A bit better data tracking for staff peoples. More people know what's what and how for what who.

Lots of bug fixes and osi-likeness changes. Too tired/lazy to do a line by line comparison since I've forgotten exactly what's been changed. But yall can discover them and such.

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer
Re: Downtime and updates, 12/15/06

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2539.42511
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors

So, what exactly does that mean? Im sorry but I'm not very runuo savvy. Like what was updated and what effects will it have?

Lord Mars

Knight

i think ppl might appreciate if theres some advanced noticed for a downtime say 1 or 2 days before a scheduled one

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer

jharris

Wanderer

Actually I'm glad it's down.
I've had the first free time in about a week since I started playing agian to finally take a shower :cool:
Now that I'm squeaky clean please get it back up! :)

camper

Sorceror

See the scrolls in his backpack? Asayre just wanted to take the shard down so he could solo raid coon :)

lordwolfx

Knight

pretty fast worldsave... but can it do that when 500 people are in luna macroing 3 accounts? =]

TAW_Horse

Wanderer

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i cant connect for some reason it says verifying account but uhhhhhhhhhh nothing happens

I got stuck at verifying account, and then I looked at my login.cfg file and saw it wasn't pointed to the demise server... That may help you