UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Doom Artifacts Chance

Lord Mars

Knight
best temp for gaunt hands down is ABC tamer archer in luck suit. get arty till u get sick n quit doom. i rem other players stalking me so i dont kill off the boss in one corner while other 4 player n tamer still fighting other boss.

p/s: toon does 200+ to near 300damage while pet another 100+ per swing

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler
Yeah but you're probably swinging at 2.75s so we probably average the same

This. Alot of archer just dont even have the guts to try too.

I'm swinging at what ever an xbow at 40% ssi + 170 dex is.
Also, if i get honor I crit 295+ alongside my concussion.

Whatever98

Squire
nailed it

Get really high every day and just grind gauntlet with a tamer (so you can always solo it). Anytime an archer who can't tank comes in just buy all the arrows from Nix then log out. After 18 months you'll get a AoF, HoM and Orny. Now you will really be ready to go do champs where you will be zerged by guilds that use target share and have no interest in finishing the champ, just knocking you out at tier one or two. Then you should head to T2A where you might manage to finish a few champs if you do them quickly and get a sash, maybe a glads collar.

Then you are ready for the true pinnacle of the UO gaming experience. Brit Gate PvP. The future is getting brighter and brighter.
lol pretty accurate :p

Yeah but you're probably swinging at 2.75s so we probably average the same
nah they will be swinging max speed, but they are conveniently not saying the "when i have perfection" part ;)
(which requires honoring the mob in the first place, not sure what % of mobs get honored by each individual person)

Yeah most archers suck... It's funny to see them honor then run in circles till a tamer or samp tanks... I run 639 luck on my samp and I get arty at a fair rate prolly 1 every 2 hours or so.. I get loot rights on every boss.. Dosnt have to be top damaged jus be able to loot and ur getn points
i hate archers cos they do loads of damage and have shit luck without perfection, they add nothing too, cant res, cant tank, cant debuff the monster, often cant even heal... leech class imo :/

i hit for about 70-90, but around 60-70% of my hits are double strike, so averages out to about 120-150, but at 1.25 swing speed. no reason a sampire cant double this with perfection tho
(it balances out cos i dont need to honor, so my damage/luck is more consistent)
arte drop every 4-6 hours, something like that, character is made for doom tho primarily. could do more damage, but would not be consistent - it's a nice balance for me and the timer is fine with decent loot on top
> if you did a double axe for higher base damage but managed to keep 1.25 swing, and put bushido perfection with double strike + lmc and mana leech. you'd have top damage i think
(but would have some problems elsewhere to weight it so much on stamina - so much damage you heal with life leech -> that's a sampire ;))

Last edited:

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler
Don't see how archers can't heal or res... I run archery bushido chiv med necro tactics.

Any archer should be able to res unless they don't have chiv.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I am an archer in Doom.

Not because I'm an asshole, but simply because I don't like to bother myself with trivial things. It's simple, it's easy, and I enjoy it.

I do fair damage, and I don't earn shit, oh and I cut my bones too.

I won't change template, even if it pisses people off. It's abnormal to get pissed off at other people's template, at the end of the day when you go to sleep, it really doesn't matter at all.

Tanya

Traveler
I'm swinging at what ever an xbow at 40% ssi + 170 dex is.
Also, if i get honor I crit 295+ alongside my concussion.
This is probably 2.25 sec swing, max swing you can get from xbow at 40ssi%
So a Sampire with 1.25 swing doing more damage - and he has very often a chance for a counter attack, so another "free hit".
Even with a Composite bow you can not beat a Sampire. :eek:
And a Sampire can easy solo everything in doom, 2 and even 3 Dark Fathers tank in the same time :D
I think a Sampire with a right weapon is much more effective then Archers in doom. :p

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
So a Sampire with 1.25 swing doing more damage - and he has very often a chance for a counter attack, so another "free hit".
And a Sampire can easy solo everything in doom, 2 and even 3 Dark Fathers tank in the same time :D
I think a Sampire with a right weapon is much more effective then Archers in doom. :p
This is why in finally making the switch. Removing archery and anatomy for macing and parry :)

Tanya

Traveler
This is why in finally making the switch. Removing archery and anatomy for macing and parry :)
I am doing another switch: instead of swords and parry, I put archery and anatomy from soulstones. If only 1 mob in room, with archer is fun to play!

Lead44

Page
Cutting bones is most important.. Archers normally don't and then the area fills with lich lords and rottys, that's where the show starts.. Pure comedy to me.. My sampire is "Miss Carraige" jus so the archers know who's bein a dickhead lol

Whatever98

Squire
I won't change template, even if it pisses people off. It's abnormal to get pissed off at other people's template, at the end of the day when you go to sleep, it really doesn't matter at all.

im not saying you should change template, there will always be archers in doom, they're just annoying :p
sampire is nice damage, but you need a lot for it to be effective, it doesn't sale well at the start - it clicks at the end, and the end gear is expensive.. plus is not totally consistent, when people say damage amounts they will be saying the max they do, and that is only a % of the time (higher % as you get better sampire)

MiNDless_bruu

Traveler
Although my archer can solo a lot of things, when I wanna solo shit I soulstone my archery and med for swords and parry. My archers suit is perfect for an archer and/or sampire. I usually run archer though because its much more rewarding to my eyes to see a 200-295 every 2.25 secs than a 70-175 every 1.25 seconds imo.

Lazy archers suck, not disagreeing there, but an archer with a solid build and suit is hard to beat especially when it's so easy to switch skills.

saud

Sorceror
im not saying you should change template, there will always be archers in doom, they're just annoying :p
sampire is nice damage, but you need a lot for it to be effective, it doesn't sale well at the start - it clicks at the end, and the end gear is expensive.. plus is not totally consistent, when people say damage amounts they will be saying the max they do, and that is only a % of the time (higher % as you get better sampire)
It is amusing to see people get so annoyed and angry because a archer is honoring or just minding their own business trying t get a drop. Tamers, Sampires you have choices. Try picking up a bow sometime you might see the fun and humor.

Facko

Sorceror

If you're that geared up you don't need to be in the gauntlet most likely.

Tanya

Traveler
It is amusing to see people get so annoyed and angry because a archer is honoring or just minding their own business trying t get a drop. Tamers, Sampires you have choices. Try picking up a bow sometime you might see the fun and humor.
I personally not annoyed and not angry because of archers in Doom. (I was also not much in doom, maybe 15-20 hours max. in a year of playing.
If I see an archer honoring in every room, I just avoid last room, wait till Dark Father spawns, and honor him. Then I tank DF in the middle of a room, and having fun seeing archers running and fighting with lich lords and rottings :D