UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise server move

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
As of this morning, Demise has been moved to Dallas (following the move of Rev/Div on Thursday).

Here's the info from Mark:

[07:33] <Mark> im moving demise
[07:33] <Mark> in case anyone was wondering
[07:33] <Mark> be done in a second
[07:33] <Mark> its moving to dallas instead of wdc
[07:40] <Mark> note the ip address changed
[07:40] <Mark> $ host login.uodemise.com
[07:40] <Mark> login.uodemise.com has address 184.172.35.29
[07:41] <Mark> just in case anyones dns hasnt propagated yet

If, for some reason, just using the normal connection method doesn't work, use that IP address. The DNS should be updated for everyone rather quickly.

For more info: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/shard-move.471255/unread

Isn't this the third time the server's in Texas in something like four years? It seems like we keep on bouncing back and forth between Texas and somewhere in Eastern Time. (Once it was Ohio... Forgot where it just left)

hugoboss

Sorceror
Question: with the server move, is there a change in the time for the big, weekly server save / Server Wars?

I can deal with the avg ping. What's with the spikes?
Seconded here. I notice that my average ping is only slightly increased over the D.C-area location (about 44->58ms in-game) but now I've noticed occasional lag spikes where it goes up to (gasp!) 200-400ms. Doesn't hurt me so much, but it does cause me some concern.

hugoboss

Sorceror
No, that was (apparently) a one-time thing.

Aah, thanks psz! was a little curious about all those King WTF running around in the closing screen at that time of the day.. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.