UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

demise scamming at its best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blesh Terra

Sorceror
"I sense your dislike for me seeping through the interwebs. " I don't know who you play online but I sense you have something your trying to gain from monk being band. Like IDOCING his homes Or maybe castle placements and for that sir I am also starting to dislike you.

mytilus

Sorceror
Would that not be classified as cyber bulling and hate speech?

1. Any and all staff instructions are to be treated as rule of law. Do not attempt to argue away or ignore instructions from staff on the grounds that you feel that the rule is not being properly enforced / interpreted by the staff member. The only correct response for you to take in this case, if you have respectfully stated your side of the matter to the involved staff member one time and still the staff member disagrees, is to take it up with higher staff. In the case of a Demise admin, take it to other admins or a developer first.

Kallitcha

Squire
They should unban his accounts, send everyone char attached to his ip to fel and make them all perma red, and make all his artifacts cursed when one of his chars equip it! Finally, Let the players have some justice.

Just a thought!!!

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Actually id I don't dislike you so you might be loosing some packets on your connection.
All am saying is Monk was wrongfully banned since he did not broke any rules.
No where has it ever been said that if a player gets a banker for an auction that you cannot play the game as you see fit.
Last time it happend did everyone else get there items back.?

What I see tho is that staff picked side. For whatever reason it was.
Just does not look to fair that staff takes side when they please.
I am neutral in all this and I just really don't get why staff got involved.
Friends?
Threat of loosing players?
Bad?

Who knows only staff knows why they decided to make there own rule towards Monk.

And id not sure what shard on osi you played but ive seen in the past some player event that staff help and always said it was a player event. As a player event any can happend and doed not reflect on the staff.

Maybr staff should stay out of player event.

If they want they could run there own auction house with there own rules.

Kallitcha

Squire
I think if demise staff wants to prevent having an issue like this in the future, they should publicly state the rules to who ever is using staff for events like this, if you don't agree then you don't get the sponsorship of the staff. Maybe if your running an event like this and staff is involved, item transfers should be between staff or the player running the event if he has agreed to event rules that disallow scams ect. There is a level of trust that every player should be able to have when demise staff is involved. If that trust is broken, ppl will find better places to go. I think that items should be returned to save that trust. I also think that monk should be allowed to return because there was no agreement that he wouldn't scam. At the same time I think monk has truely tarnished the trust ability of player run events. The repercussions of what he did will for ever change decent fun events like this and for that reason, I feel that he should be punished... All chars turned red and banished to a life in felucia, possibly pending a trial?? Could be an event run by the staff to help recreate their trust. Just a thought!!!

Just a note to my opinion on this... I don't know monk or any of the staff members at all, I actually just recently returned to the game. It truely bumms me out that this happened because when I played osi I was heavily involved with running similar events, I know that being able to participate in events like this are going to be much more difficult in the future, and something needs to be done, and clear rules need to be applied!!!

HOHOHOHOHORACE

Wanderer
I think if demise staff wants to prevent having an issue like this in the future, they should publicly state the rules to who ever is using staff for events like this, if you don't agree then you don't get the sponsorship of the staff. Maybe if your running an event like this and staff is involved, item transfers should be between staff or the player running the event if he has agreed to event rules that disallow scams ect. There is a level of trust that every player should be able to have when demise staff is involved. If that trust is broken, ppl will find better places to go. I think that items should be returned to save that trust. I also think that monk should be allowed to return because there was no agreement that he wouldn't scam. At the same time I think monk has truely tarnished the trust ability of player run events. The repercussions of what he did will for ever change decent fun events like this and for that reason, I feel that he should be punished... All chars turned red and banished to a life in felucia, possibly pending a trial?? Could be an event run by the staff to help recreate their trust. Just a thought!!!

Just a note to my opinion on this... I don't know monk or any of the staff members at all, I actually just recently returned to the game. It truely bumms me out that this happened because when I played osi I was heavily involved with running similar events, I know that being able to participate in events like this are going to be much more difficult in the future, and something needs to be done, and clear rules need to be applied!!!

I'm sorry but this is the most stupid thing i have ever read.

The rules are pretty damn clear

Our stance on scamming is simple; buyer beware. If you feel you were scammed, ask yourself something before paging. Who was at fault? Was it a bug or abused game mechanics which the scammer exploited, or did you just make a bad decision and/or not make sure of your trade? The former is the only case we will get involved in, and even then we can not promise a happy ending for you.

Tempest

Knight
Abused game mechanics. Reason: banker
When there is a banker around regardless of reason a staff member put it there. That alone is reason enough for players to believe the event was sponsored by staff, therefore nothing sideways were to happen player side; presumably. Players trusted that since staff had placed a banker it was a 'staff' event. If a banker was put there for previous auctions and mot particularly this one, I'm assuming it's intents and purposes were the same, thus should be treated as such. GOLD took advantage of this, therefore staff intervention.

hickman48

Knight
Abused game mechanics. Reason: banker
When there is a banker around regardless of reason a staff member put it there. That alone is reason enough for players to believe the event was sponsored by staff, therefore nothing sideways were to happen player side; presumably. Players trusted that since staff had placed a banker it was a 'staff' event. If a banker was put there for previous auctions and mot particularly this one, I'm assuming it's intents and purposes were the same, thus should be treated as such. GOLD took advantage of this, therefore staff intervention.

Monk did dont toss in a whole guild cuz of one persons actions.

Supercreep

Sorceror
This wasn't a GOLD thing, it was a Monk thing.

90% of GOLD wasn't even on when this happened, and found out about it after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.