UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise QnA (Mar 24, 2009)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Demise QnA (Mar 24, 2009)

Would it be difficult to add minor improvements to the shard, such as comma's when it comes to money?There are several minor improvements that can be added to the game; however, the overall question is 'are these improvements in accordance with what OSI presents to their playerbase.' I'm sure Asayre would love a list of easy to change modifications to the server the fit OSI standards, so if you have any, feel free to PM me (LC) with them and I can organize them into a list and present them to Asayre.

Why do swamp dragons have six legs?
PSZ answered this one quite fully: The overall girth and weight of the Swamp Dragon is immense enough as it is, and would cause the creature to move extremely slowly on only four legs. Add to this the average human/elf with full armour, and the poor beast's back would snap. The extra two legs keep the spine from being bowed, and thus is an evolutionary trait.

Why do vet rewards have such extreme requirements? I understand that they are rewards for people who have been playing for X amount of time. But any person playing for X amount of time could also find them on merchents at a much earlier date. Do these requirements have anything to do with acquiring (buying) items via donations? The "incentive to play a long time" argument doesn't seem fair as alot of people will sell them anyways. If your incentive to play is to get an ethereal horse then what comes after you get one? These items (as rare as they are) should be usable by anyone able to get one.
If you think Demise's requirements for vet rewards is extreme, I highly suggest you never play the official servers. Demise considers its reward year to be 90 days. Yes, I said year because that is how long it takes to get a reward on OSI. The vet reward system was put in place as a means to reward people who are dedicated to the server with items that only he or she (or someone of the same age or older) can use. This is specifically why they exist. Yes, others can have the item but account age is the requirement for using the items.

The donation store has nothing to do with vet rewards and offers up items that you cannot get via the vet reward system. Sure, there is a donation ethie that allows a person to ride a blessed statuette but it is under penalty of time to mount up. These equate to the charger of the fallen statues offered up by OSI as a gift to those who pre-ordered Samurai Empire.

I think you may be confused at the concept of the reward system. The reward system is not supposed to be an incentive to keep people around. Its a means of rewarding people who have stuck around. Demise is not dangling an alligator statue at the end of the string while saying "dance, my puppet, dance." If that's the case, you'd be safe to assume we'd be putting better carrots at the end of the stick.

Now, the main question I think you asked is "what then" after someone achieves all of the rewards. Well, this question is something even OSI is struggling with as they create bigger and better things for their vet rewards every year. I know that the plan is to get our vet reward system updated with all of the items available to the OSI playerbase; however, if this is the case, then Demise will hit the "what then" wall a lot sooner than OSI because Demise offers rewards at 90 day intervals instead of the traditional 1 year.

Ever came across something strange while in invisible mode?
Athena: Hmm yes, in the jail cells, not going into detail on that one!

Caine: Yes. The funniest one that comes to mind didn't actually happen to me but one of the other staffers came across 2 people having, uhh, relations in game....

Crimson: After the cybering couple in the brit throne room and the sheep guy, not much looks too odd.

Ferris: When don't I?

Naddict: I think it was LC that found the player first, but it was a character out in the middle of nowhere alone talking to a sheep.

Nestor: yes, happens often.

Serenity: Too many to tell. Probably the funniest one is watching miners talk to their pets.

psz: Many times. Just can't think of anything REALLY bizarre off the top of my head.

Xavier: Two characters trying to have sex in jail!

Zatoichi: Everytime I log in and walk around there's something strange going on. But the invisible fire beetle herder is the only thing that comes to mind right now.

What is the strangest page request you ever had?
Athena: It involved an orc camp. One had spawned half inside someone's house right on their front door. They couldn't enter the house because of it.

Caine: Too many to list. One of my favorites is when people log in here to ask how to log into Hybrid.

Crimson: the best camp entrapment page was a dude paged saying he was stuck... I get there - he's in despise dungeon and a lizardman camp spawned over him in the dungeon. He had about 8 lizardmen looking at him through the bars and he couldn't get out (no recall in Fel dungeons and the key was in the chest). There are pretty classy pages tho... that I must admit :)

Ferris: I once had a person page asking about some bit of construction or another that a Seer was working on. When I wouldn't give them any info about it, they threatened to bring the shard down and went into great detail about all the ridiculous things they were going to do. You can guess where this story ends.

Nestor: This one is strange but more funny - This one player paged because he was stuck. When I arrived, a "rat camp" had spawned over him and he was stuck in the cage.

psz: I've had to move a horse that was under thes teps of a house (very godfather life in appearance). I had a player page me offering me RL money to me personally to give him in-game things (he was quickly banned). My favorite though, was a page asking how to log in. Think about it.

Serenity: Probably when people page against others and getting jailed themselves for the same offense.

Zatoichi: Back when I was a CNS, a player didn't insure his Aegis shield and lost it. Shortly after he paged us. His page said something like if we gave him his Aegis back, he would mail us "slaves, money, and ak-47 parts."

---------------
Do you have a question you'd like to ask the staff? Provided its not about ML (specifically when will we be getting ML), send your questions to uoladycrimson (at) yahoo (dot) com

Any questions sent via any other methods (PM or in game page) will NOT be answered. You can ask the entire staff a question, a specific staff member, or just a question that anyone can answer :)

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: Demise QnA (Mar 24, 2009)

LadyCrimson;528708 said:
I know that the plan is to get our vet reward system updated with all of the items available to the OSI playerbase.
Thats good to know. There are some that look interesting.
psz said:
My favorite though, was a page asking how to log in. Think about it.
That made me lol irl :)

LadyCrimson;528708 said:

Crimson: After the cybering couple in the brit throne room and the sheep guy, not much looks too odd.

Naddict: I think it was LC that found the player first, but it was a character out in the middle of nowhere alone talking to a sheep.

oh... for a sec I feared I was the sheep guy when I tried to make a farm (but Xavier have seen me) :)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Yea... that was a very interesting situation.... I was just out hopping around invis minding my own business when I came across this guy... standing out at the woods edge on the water with a sheep. Talking to it..... no one else around and no boat. It had not been sheered nor did he have equipment to sheer it even if he wanted to. So, I believe I sent a staff message to Naddict to "come look at this".... he did.. then Cronus did. I believe Mia and Amnesia may have stopped by as well *laughs*

I'm pretty sure it wasn't you and your farm considering this happened back when I was a CNS :)

Pont

Knight

Wow, now I know why swamp dragons evolved six legs, thanks PSZ :).

gugutz

Knight

LadyCrimson;528708 said:
Caine: Yes. The funniest one that comes to mind didn't actually happen to me but one of the other staffers came across 2 people having, uhh, relations in game....

Eby busted. :p

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Ya know, he was just... talking to it. Like "hey, how are ya lil sheep".... it wasn't anything vulgar.. but it was definitely not normal in any aspect of UO I've ever seen.

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;529436 said:
Ya know, he was just... talking to it. Like "hey, how are ya lil sheep".... it wasn't anything vulgar.. but it was definitely not normal in any aspect of UO I've ever seen.
It's about as normal as this though, isn't it? :p
LadyCrimson;283633 said:
I was hunting water elementals in ilsh and I *thought* another player came up and was standing there so I started telling them that we could share kills and blah blah blah.... they refused to talk to me so I said "fine, don't worry about it then"

Then I realized it was a gypsy NPC.

:/

psz

Administrator

Actually, there is another page I always thought funny, if random...

Attachments

• nothing.JPG
    nothing.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 197

magic752

Wanderer

Lady Crimson, you might want to reconsider and delete your last post :)
If it is not too late ;)