UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Crafters Event...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama

Bug Huntress
Then why is it that where this game was created, high end runic hammers are are only a fraction of the cost they are here, despite how much easier it has been on Demise than on OSI to get the BODs for them?
Imbuing.......... and to further this along try to buy PoF on osi for under 100 thousand and some shards 200 thousand
Comparing the two places is wrong they are at different levels

Now if you are going to compare runics
How many people on osi had these many runics to sell trade or burn unless they were duped

You can't compare the two places because
Woodland Belt = 9kk
On osi 80.0 in the tailor skill plus 10 hides gets you an item on demise that the seller wants 9 million (imagine that and I gave mine away for free)

Dee Lynn Quint_3-14_06.56.jpg

Xavier

Account Terminated
I am not comparing anything. The point went right over your head. What I said was rebutting the idea that the "point of the game:" is to provide ridiclously overpriced piles of crap that probably wont give a nice weapon in the mere 15 charges they have. Because, OSI is where the intention and "the point of the game" was developed, and they are NOT ridiculously priced at OSI.

When speaking of intention of game design, he IS referring to OSI because OSI made it all, and we just copied it as well as we can.

I loved the event, even had to work alchemy and mining from 50 before I could get in and still managed a nice amount of runic charges.

one change i would love to see is maybe cut the ground drop % in half add that % to a chance to drop on the corpse. that way the people that are doing the killing have the same chance as the stealthers and the ones running in circles around the room doing nothing.

Xavier

Account Terminated
I loved the event, even had to work alchemy and mining from 50 before I could get in and still managed a nice amount of runic charges.

one change i would love to see is maybe cut the ground drop % in half add that % to a chance to drop on the corpse. that way the people that are doing the killing have the same chance as the stealthers and the ones running in circles around the room doing nothing.

Sounds like we all agree on those two points. 1) maybe val and ver dropped a lil more than it would have, if I had the chance to test it with a lot of people, but unfortunately you guys WERE my testers :D and 2) a better mechanism of delivering the items.

3rd: Maybe make the requirements to attend a bit less? I noticed little more than a dozen or so people who were actually able to attend this event, and there was more potential wealth dropping from this event than any I think I have ever witnessed.

its mostly because people didnt want to put a lil effort into it to get in.
i had 120 tailor,120 blacksmith, 100 arms lore on my crafter before the event started and it took a lil over an hour to finish alchemy and mining from 50 and soulstone it.

alllex

Knight
The event was realy nice,

Here an IDEA for the Next event, make hammer spawn on floor + make it with ( time delay on them ) 5 minute to burn ! 5 MIN TO BURN !! I MOST RUN!!AND BURN !!! also increase the charge so ppl spend more time at the forge and let other get one chance to get 1 hammer for themself.. i didnt manage to get one hammer and some ppl get 4-5.

The ppl who get one hammer will not enter every room to get one of each hammer ... and then go burn them

Anyway! that was insane ! i like the idea!

6 year ago i was playin in a different server and the elemental (exemple val ele give val hammer *1 /1000) was easy to get them but then the chance to get a 15 charge on them was like 1 chance to get one with 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10/11/12/13/14/15. charge... so most of the time i was gettin myself 2 or 1 charged hammer.. then sometime get a 12 or a 14 !! OMG yes!! happy face !

And about the other event! they were also very nice but there was only 20 chest!! make it 100 chest.! muhaha.!

And for the final! Heritage item ! THEY SHOULD BE FREE just like vet reward!! 90 day = 1 heritage item ticket 180 day 2 ticket etc!!

WHERE IS Ultima Online celebrated its 8th year of continuous operation item !!

I talkin about that quiver of infinity !! my pvm archer is waitin for the day he can pvm and look badass :)

Dexter-LoM

Knight
lol I went to look at it but could not go in since my crafters are all on different accoutn and skills spreaded on different char, But Xavier and rest of the team GOOD JOB ill wait for another event to play in,

As always STAFF are doing a GREAT JOB at making this SHARD more fun to play

Xavier

Account Terminated
lol I went to look at it but could not go in since my crafters are all on different accoutn and skills spreaded on different char, But Xavier and rest of the team GOOD JOB ill wait for another event to play in,

As always STAFF are doing a GREAT JOB at making this SHARD more fun to play

Maybe next time we do a crafting skill based event, we can have an alternative way in, ie paging and letting me look at the char to make sure its not a spawner that soulstoned a skill for temp tailoring :)

PS, i dont want to hide anyones opinion, so full disclosure here: there were three voices that didnt like this event, for various reasons. But, their hostile/trolling approach at stating their opinions, I had to nuke the posts. We all know where those kind of threads end up if we let it go on.

Thanks everyone :) We probably had as much fun as the players who participated.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Maybe next time we do a crafting skill based event, we can have an alternative way in, ie paging and letting me look at the char to make sure its not a spawner that soulstoned a skill for temp tailoring :)

PS, i dont want to hide anyones opinion, so full disclosure here: there were three voices that didnt like this event, for various reasons. But, their hostile/trolling approach at stating their opinions, I had to nuke the posts. We all know where those kind of threads end up if we let it go on.

Thanks everyone :) We probably had as much fun as the players who participated.
nah man this way was more challenging , lets say i would of went in there with my smith well temp is like this ruffly 120 smith 100 mining 100 lore 115 fencing 80 chive 3/6 casting 100 parry 100 bush. not fair for the guys that there crafter is actully a crafter, this game is all bout challenge now you could put harder things to kill but then again the real crafter is screwed.

You guys did a awsome job again F**k the trolls that did not get nothing and came here crying it was fair period.

its the same as a fel event do you give the crafter's a chance to come beat us down lol . Now it was a chance for the cafters to get something with a little bit of hard work. AGAIN GOOD JOB GLAD TO SEE DEMISE DOING SOMETHING MORE THEN JUST BEING ANOTHER SHARD.

Adon

Sorceror
I went in with 120 smith 100 armslore 100 mining 100 tinkering 110 archery 100 tactics 80 chiv and a elemental slayer bow. Figured I would need it but with the hammers spawning on the ground just need to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off in hopes to get something other then DC lol. Did manage to get quite a few gold runics since majority of the people who entered camped the verite/val room. One suggestion I would make is if a way to spawn the runics other then on the ground can't be done maybe make the rooms random spawners. Like ore ele's of all types spawn in all the rooms with a % chance of certain runics to respawn. Then people might not sit in just 1 room and the odds of the higher end hammers would or could be lower.

Fabricon's Skillset:

120 BS, 120 Tailor, 100 Arms Lore, 100 Mining, 100 Tinker, 24.8 Taming, 100 Mage, 2.2 Eval (not sure if he had this before the event :s)

2MR from hat. No LMC. (Does have 100%LRC...)

:p

Lucifall

Knight
I didn't have the resources to macro my skills up and join. Oh well, I will be waiting for the next one!

Tbh, I will start looking for another shard, which will prabobly make you all even more happy then obtaineing the most expensive/wanted items on some absolutely random events by picking then up with scavanger.

Kind Regards,

Alvin
Enjoy your stay out of here.

i spend A LOT of my time item hunting.
And how are you different than any of us in that aspect?

EvilChild

Knight
Should cap the hammers to aggy hammers in the future.

Still a very worthwhile reward to be able to craft a bunch of stuff with free aggy hammers. And you don't do something absurd like throwing valorite hammers into the game. Seriously, it was retarded when LC did it a long time ago. And it is still retarded to see it happen again. The fact that people couldn't leave the event area with the hammers doesn't matter. It's not the hammers that are valuable but it's the potential items they can craft that are valuable. I know as well as any other crafter how difficult it is to make good items even with high end hammers, but it's the *potential* that makes implementing them via events a bad idea.

Let's say that someone ended up making a hammer pick with
15hci
15dci
sc-1
50 light
30ssi
40di

That's far and above any other item that could ever possibly drop in the entire game. Not gained through months of hard work getting valorite bods, but for spending an hour or two at an event.

*sigh* cap it at aggy hammers next time.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Let's say that someone ended up making a hammer pick with
15hci
15dci
sc-1
50 light
30ssi
40di

That's far and above any other item that could ever possibly drop in the entire game. Not gained through months of hard work getting valorite bods, but for spending an hour or two at an event.

*sigh* cap it at aggy hammers next time.

No. :D

How about free ride to the gauntlet? Its probably far more likely for some newbie to get an orny because of our "event", hell he could potentially get two.. Ive seen one person get 2 ornys and a hom in the same day there. That would be enough to buy out 4 or 5 of your hammerpicks.

Or maybe the net toss? They could get that retarded red cutlass which is worth like 24 million...

I guess I should have never listened to psz and put a SINGLE inquis in an event, much less the 10 or 12 he told me to...

I dont see ANY cedible reason for you guys to act like burning a couple charges on a val hammer is so absurd, in the face of all the different things we do.

Bile

Knight
Ultima 1999 - "Hey dude, look at this Vanquishing Katana I got from farming in Shame Dungeon all day, I'm so happy. Oh yeah! I've got one that is Vanquishing and Silver I got from an undead invasion in Trinsic, hah! Cool man, I'll get one eventually, cya later."

Ultima 2011 - "Hey dude, look at this sweet 4-modded Hammer Pick I got from doing bods for a month, I'm so happy. Oh Yeah! I've got one that is 5-modded and it came from an event that dropped runic hammers! What? THIS ISN'T FAIR! I QUIT!"

alllex

Knight
Ultima 1999 - "Hey dude, look at this Vanquishing Katana I got from farming in Shame Dungeon all day, I'm so happy. Oh yeah! I've got one that is Vanquishing and Silver I got from an undead invasion in Trinsic, hah! Cool man, I'll get one eventually, cya later."

Ultima 2011 - "Hey dude, look at this sweet 4-modded Hammer Pick I got from doing bods for a month, I'm so happy. Oh Yeah! I've got one that is 5-modded and it came from an event that dropped runic hammers! What? THIS ISN'T FAIR! I QUIT!"

OR THIS

first dude:hey dude look the sick ring i found off a blood element! 1/3 15/15 25 di !!
second dude: ONLY CRAP how many you killed!??? ive never get shit like that ive killed about 1000 ...!!
first dude:.. huh i got it off my second blood elemental...

EvilChild

Knight
No. :D

How about free ride to the gauntlet? Its probably far more likely for some newbie to get an orny because of our "event", hell he could potentially get two.. Ive seen one person get 2 ornys and a hom in the same day there. That would be enough to buy out 4 or 5 of your hammerpicks.

Or maybe the net toss? They could get that retarded red cutlass which is worth like 24 million...

I guess I should have never listened to psz and put a SINGLE inquis in an event, much less the 10 or 12 he told me to...

I dont see ANY cedible reason for you guys to act like burning a couple charges on a val hammer is so absurd, in the face of all the different things we do.

Not worth anything even remotely close to the pick I posted.

Pick I posted = 1 of a kind and all sorts of amazing
(it can be a different weapon if it floats your fancy)
How about for all of you pvmers a double axe wit: 40 di, 50 hml, 40 hit energy area, 30ssi, demon slayer, 100% energy damage

Ornies/homs/inquis = dime a dozen in comparison

Not to mention is that anyone can run into gauntlet and have a chance at getting and arty. Anyone can farm monsters all day and have a chance at decent items. It takes months of work to get even close to getting the CHANCE at a good valorite crafted weapon.

This is for a good reason. Valorite crafted equipment is pretty much the end tier level of gear in this game. Nothing, not even arties can come close to amazing valorite crafted things.

What's the problem with stopping at aggapite hammers? There's still a lot of chances at amazing items. But, there's not the chance at 5 mods + DI. So you'd basically be on par with really good monster loot with an aggy hammer except that one of the 5 potential mods is always DI.

Here's a challenge: put your money where your mouth is and make a hammer pick with the mods I posted in game. Host an auction to see how much it sells for. We will see if 2 ornies and hom is worth "4-5x as much"

Status
Not open for further replies.