UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Connection Issues

M

Mark

Connection Issues

The shard is currently being packeted. The attack began at approximately 9pm EST and is still underway. Incoming traffic peaked at 500mbps, causing our upstream provider to implement filtering on our server.

http://slayer2.ev1servers.net/png/67_15_20_52_1105068734.html
For anyone interested, the above page shows attack statistics and will be available for the duration of the attack. We're receiving a fragmented UDP flood from multiple (rooted, most likely) sources. There's not much I can do to help the situation at this time, although thankfully the attack seems to be slowing down (knock on wood).

I'll update this thread as I receive new information. Please do not speculate on who is behind this attack, it does no good.

Thank you for your patience,
Mark

M

Mark

You will not be able to login until the filter is dropped (when the attack stops). I will let you all know when that happens (or you can keep hitting connect over and over if you have nothing better to do).

M

Mark

Lordtamer said:
who keeps attacking the severs? do we know?
Nothing conclusive enough this time to warrant an accusation. Tomorrow I'll get full details of the attack and see what I can do as far as accountability is concerned.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
Mark, is it possible to firewall the incoming traffic thats hitting the server? I'm not sure how they are doing it but surely you can see some addresses of the origin of the attack(s). Though I'm sure I'm wrong on that.. They are suckin some massive bandwidth though, and it would really suck if you guys payed per mb because that would break just about anyone heh.

Yon

Wanderer
=\ I was wondering why it wasn't up for a long time. I hope it's ressoved quickly. And find out the coulprits.

M

Mark

drakrum said:
Mark, is it possible to firewall the incoming traffic thats hitting the server? I'm not sure how they are doing it but surely you can see some addresses of the origin of the attack(s). Though I'm sure I'm wrong on that.. They are suckin some massive bandwidth though, and it would really suck if you guys payed per mb because that would break just about anyone heh.

Unfortunately the attack is so large and the sources so varied that the upstream provider effectively firewalls the entire server, killing most legitimate traffic in the process. On the bright side though, I don't think we have to pay for traffic that gets filtered (not 100% sure on this).

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror
Well, just a thought here but.. if I'm correct then this is an attack on the server itself and he provider is firewalling most traffic anyway, so why not just shut the server down completely untill this attack subsides? Or is the attack itself still going to attack the provider? I was just thinking but we got more than likely over 100 people continuously trying to log on, that cant be help matters either cant it, thats extra packets per sec plus that little bit of bandwidth that it doestake for you to login adds up over the course of a few hundred clients.

piecekeeper

Wanderer
Mark said:
Please do not speculate on who is behind this attack,

ITS THEM DAMN A-RABS! lol terrorizing children... ANIMALS!! :p

But really this sucks mark!

When you find out whos doin it PM me an address ill take care of the "problem" without a keyboard :D :p

But any ETA? not to be an ass.... :confused:

-=Twist=-

Wanderer
Wasnt there some guy saying he could lay the smacketh down on the sever. He was from another sever, an Admin possibly over the last DDOS attacks. I dont know, I just remeber seeing some guy say something to the tune of, "I could hit you with the worst attack you have seen, knock you off service for a week."

piecekeeper

Wanderer
Uhm twist now that you said that to tell u the truth i could swear remembering some dumbfuck screaming some shit like that on the brit bank roof while i was playing poker, and the same guy that same day at delucia, i dont remember a name tho...

piecekeeper

Wanderer
Anyways im off to sleep, but good luck with this mark... all this internet hacking shit... Its making me want to unplug my router every night before i pass out :(