UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Spring Festival - May 23, 2009

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) Spring Festival - May 23, 2009

.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.: *~*:._.:*~*:.

Spring Festival
Saturday, May 23rd, 2009

Events that will occur throughout the day
- Let's Make a Deal -
- Find the Lost Staff Pets -
- Open Champ Spawn with Event Healer -
- Open Fishing Area with Regular Healer -
- Open Market -

Poetry Contest
Players are asked to write the poem inside a writable book (remember, purple books have 40 pages) and submit it with another book that contains the character name, forum name, and email address of the player. The poem must fit inside one UO writable book. You do not have to seal the book as this will be done for you. The poem should be a role play type poem.

Entries are to be placed in the entry drop box at Demise Hall (north Britain; old Counselor's Hall) on the 22nd, Friday. Entries will be on display for the duration of the festival on the 23rd.

To submit, place both books (as directed above) inside a bag and drop it inside the entry box. Do not just drop your book into the box. It MUST be inside a bag with the other book with your information. Failure to comply with these directions will result in disqualification.

Of course, there is a theme. The theme for your poem: rebirth.

Scheduled events are shown in EST time.

Naddict's Maze House
12 pm EST
Think you have the patience to survive Naddict's Maze House? Grab some aspirin and a glass of water and head out for the fun. Three hour time limit is placed on the event.

PvM Tournament
3 pm EST
Rules are standard to any PvM tournament. Die and you are out. Last man (or woman) standing wins the prize! Signups will be at the festival grounds. Put your characters name in a book, drop the book in a bag, and place that bag in the entry box. Your char must be online at the start of the event and stay online until you die or win. Failure to do so results in disqualification. Two hours allocated to the event.

PvP Tournies
5 pm EST
1v1 and 2v2 Tournaments

Scavenger Hunt
6 pm EST

50 minutes of seek and find. Find the scavenger statues in exchange for gold.

Dart Tournament
7 pm EST

Standard elimination. Three shots per round, top 50% move on to the next round until someone comes out as champion. Bring a dagger!

Boat Race
8 pm EST
Slightly different than the boat race held during the Summer Solstice Festival, come on out and test your navigation skills. Bring a sextant!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Spring Festival - May 23, 2009

Information about "Open Market" will be posted later tonight (12 hours or so from now).

LC

uome

Bug Hunter

YAY!
Thankyou.

I'm glad i have a lot of alcohol in the house atm, i'll need it for the maze house :D

Howl

Sorceror

Yay! Looking forward to the Open Champion Spawn. When will that be?

Howl

Sorceror

Wonderful! When is that? And will the champion give power scrolls? Thanks

Oaks

Knight

Me and that maze are going to develop a special relationship over the course of three hours.

Cheers for all the effort and support to make this festival happen again by the way, it is appreciated. What is the thought behind spring festival actually ? It seems to be an annual event to celebrate the coming of summer?

Already spend over a million on the vendors there, good stuff ;)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Many places have festivals to celebrate different seasons as a well wish/good luck/fun kinda thing. I randomly choose a season and go with it :)

LC

LadyCrimson;555934 said:
Many places have festivals to celebrate different seasons as a well wish/good luck/fun kinda thing. I randomly choose a season and go with it :)

LC

You just chose spring because it's the season of love making.

Don't lie. :)