UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Demise Reward's Hall

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Demise Reward's Hall

While I can understand your concerns, rm, I think a rewards hall puts us in the middle of EA and other servers.

You stated that people would rather have items than a statue with their name on it.

That's the catch - we don't give items out now. Very very VERY few unique items exist on Demise. So, the statues/items with names on it in a building is more recognition than players get right now. Events will continue to be held and the prizes for our events will be the same... but in addition to this, the players have an opportunity to earn recognition for certain activities, events, and story arcs.

EA is going in the opposite direction. They have so many special, unique, event rares they have lost control over what has been given out. This is their way to reign in what damage they have already done. Your reasoning fits more that of OSI than it does for Demise. If I were an OSI player, I could see being upset that the gravy train is turning off and all those valued event rares are going away.

I also want to make it clear that a named reward will not be put in the hall for each PvP tournament winner or each LMAD winner... that'd be ridiculous... but things related to the server or the RP aspect of the server will be documented there. I have some other plans as well for the hall and hope that the players are ok with them (I think the majority will be). The hall is simply going to be used to create a history of the server as far as a general timeline when certain things happen.

Sly-demise

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;555570 said:
You stated that people would rather have items than a statue with their name on it.

That's the catch - we don't give items out now. Very very VERY few unique items exist on Demise. So, the statues/items with names on it in a building is more recognition than players get right now. Events will continue to be held and the prizes for our events will be the same... but in addition to this, the players have an opportunity to earn recognition for certain activities, events, and story arcs.

I just realised how stupid it was to ask for a body sash :p

EDIT: Quick question for LC. Say I place a non-deco bookshelf in my building. Do you judge the bookshelf as something that then needs to be in the final product you're making or do you consider it to be something you can remove and thus nothing that needs to affect your judgment? What I'm asking is basically, is no non-deco better than badly chosen non-deco? Thanks

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I will view the static deco included as an "idea" of decoration rather than something that has to be there in the final design. While it can be helpful, if you think its poorly placed, you can just tell me "planned on bookshelves on floor x on the y wall"...

I won't let statics be a deciding factor in the overall judging of the contest because some people are doing their designs ingame on an actual plot while other people are using an offline designers tool giving them easy access to static images.

I'm not going to be a tyrant :)

LC

Sintoo

Sorceror

How do I get house builder to work?
Does it need to be placed in the UO folder?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I have not used housebuiland you run the EXE. canust a download adand you run the EXE. can be in any folder. I believe I used to run mine from my temp download folder LOL

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I want to thank everyone who made entries to the Demise Reward Hall Design contest. I have a lot to look at so its going to be a few days. I have a lot to consider as far as floor design and general appeal.

So....

It won't be long :)

LC

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;555570 said:
I also want to make it clear that a named reward will not be put in the hall for each PvP tournament winner or each LMAD winner... that'd be ridiculous...
why not?
just make a bigger place?
or another place that you can put event rewards in it

i mean whats the point in winning a pvp tourny if they dont put your statue in the reward hall?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Esqarrouth;564733 said:
why not?
just make a bigger place?
or another place that you can put event rewards in it

i mean whats the point in winning a pvp tourny if they dont put your statue in the reward hall?

Because the "champion" changes practically every 3 days and it would be a nightmare to calculate a winner for every single person. I *may* put a leader board in there but I will not be accounting for every pvp tournie winner. Hell, I could do 2 1v1s back to back.... the list would be exponential by the end of the week..... next you will tell me I have to tack down every member of every winning CTF team and put their name in there too....

nope, not gonna happen.

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

how about making a real tourny once a week, where the winner will get his statue put?
and the others are just small tournys?

or maybe a scoreboard
1st place 5 points
2nd place 3 points
3rd place 1 points

you can put statues like
made over 10 points in pvp
made over 15 points in pvp
made over 20 points in pvp
made over 30 points in pvp