UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Demise Reward's Hall

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) Demise Reward's Hall

It seems EA has finally learned that giving out hundred's of unique items do not make for better servers and have gone the way of Demise in not giving away things just because they can. Instead of giving out items, OSI Event Staff are now creating Reward Halls. Each server has a unique Reward Hall which is used to display milestone items.

I think Demise is ready for it's Reward Hall. While we have not given many unique items out on the server, to keep up with EA, more recognition will be given to help create a Demise History through items and books.

So, what does this mean for Demise?

Why, a contest - of course!

Rules:
1. One entry per person (not per account... per PERSON)
2. Judging will be done by me.
3. Creation must be an 18x18 customized house plot
4. No decorations are to be used for the entry. JUST the building.
5. You may use your 18x18 plot on Demise, place one special, or use an offline house building tool like House Builder (link)
6. Only pictures are used as an entry. I don't want your rune. Don't page.
7. While we can add small extensions that are custom built using statics, do your best to stick to the 18x18 plot only
8. No comments will be made about other entries in the contest thread or elsewhere on the forums. Making comments can disqualify you from the contest
9. The design should be something specially designed for the Rewards Hall. Don't just submit a picture of your house cuz you think its cool.

Entries:
1. Entries are to be made in the form of a post on the forums under the appropriate thread (noted in Event Thread) using image attachments for the pictures
2. Pictures must be included in the entry for every used floor and roof. Any entry without a picture of all used floors and roof in their entirity will be disqualified (no cut off corners or missing sections)
3. Include NO DECORATIONS in the entry pictures.
4. Include the character's name you wish to have placed on the plaque in the case your design is chosen.

Deadlines:
All entries must be placed as a REPLY to the "Demise Reward's Hall Entries" thread also located in the Demise Event Forum. The contest is open for entries until midnight EST on June 1st, 2009. This gives you two weeks. Winners will be determined and announced on forums; however, I have no date as to when winners will be announced. It'll take some time to figure out what is most feasible for the hall. I'll try to have winners posted within the week after closing, but no guarantees.

This building is going to be considered to be a museum and library. Design as such.

Reward:
1. The first plaque to be placed in the reward hall will be one with your name on it. "Demise Reward's Hall Designed By ______________"

If you have questions about the contest, post them as a reply here. Only entries should be in the other thread.

NOTE: Placement of the hall has not been determined so try to use walls/floors that are not specific to just one environment. Be versatile. Be creative.

Phelon

Knight
Re: Demise Reward's Hall

May I submit a home designed by a friend? The award would of course carry his/her name :)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The entry would have to come from them and be specific as the Reward's Hall. I do not want a duplicate of someone's home just cuz they think their house is cool.

If the friend is a nonEnglish speaker, then I do not see a problem with it; however, if that's the case, just translate what they have to do and tell them where to post. I don't need to understand the language to see their work.

LC

Vis

Wanderer

hmm i wonder if this will be the first of the vet reward mini houses? goooo demise!

Finally, a real shard museum/library!

LC, you could not have made me happier with this announcement :D Demise needs a staff-maintained way of safekeeping some of the shard's history. And to make it player-created is even cooler!

Alderon

Oaks

Knight

Is there a minimum amount of floors it needs, as I think just a ground floor would make it a bit crowded in the long run ? ;)

Oh, and does it needs to have a roof or is that optional.

gugutz

Knight

LadyCrimson;553828 said:
or use an offline house building tool like House Builder (link)

Didn't know that application. :eek:

Thanks. Way easier to come up with ideas on my free time at work now.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Oaks;553873 said:
Is there a minimum amount of floors it needs, as I think just a ground floor would make it a bit crowded in the long run ? ;)

Oh, and does it needs to have a roof or is that optional.

The design is completely your own. You can have it include as many floors as you want. Roof is up to you. Just know that I'm going to be realllllllly picky because this is going to be a part of the server :p

I am glad you are all excited about this contest. :)

Oh, for server birth earrings... I dunno :) I know I'll be starting it at the time of the opening of the reward hall - not sure I am going to go retroactive with it or not.

LC

Hilde

Page

LadyCrimson;553828 said:
4. No decorations are to be used for the entry. JUST the building.
5. You may use your 18x18 plot on Demise, place one special, or use an offline house building tool like House Builder (link)

Can all tiles from HB be used? I'm thinking of the carpets and so on. Some of the the tiles in that program are not available on the house building interface on demise.

i.e. the new West Britain Bank is also player designed and looks different on every OSI shard (link). There is also a carpet and other parts that are not available in the house building interface on demise.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Yes, carpets can be included in the design - just dont go crazy with additional statics :) For those just doing the design on a regular house plot, no worries - just add a comment to your entry stating you would like to see a blue carpet here or yadda yadda yadda. I have a good imagination (and really, addition of carpets won't be considered as part of the physical building which is what is really being judged)

uome

Bug Hunter

Can we include a description for the building?
Also can we give suggestions about the potential decoration and room usage?

My designs all look so naked :eek:

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

uome;554392 said:
Can we include a description for the building?
Also can we give suggestions about the potential decoration and room usage?

My designs all look so naked :eek:

Sure :) But keep in mind, I already have another thought on deco *chuckles*

And... no body sashes :)

Oaks

Knight

I can't fit the entire floor on my screen despite my best efforts so some of the edges are missing, go easy on me.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I have received a few questions about what is considered deco and what is not considered deco. I would consider decor anything that you can place normally in game and lock/secure it. If it is something you do not have access to in game or cannot place where you are placing it in the building normally, then it is not considered deco.

So:
- have access to in game and placed normally = deco
- have access to but placing abnormally = not deco
- do not have access to (statics) = not deco

LC

rm-rf

Sorceror

we dont need to follow EA that closely.
i think a reward hall is not really a great idea.
i've been on a few shards that have had them in the past.
and people sort of just stop going to events because they usualy rather have items that a statue with their name on it.
and its not like we have a massive player base with that many items all over the place.
sorry, but thats my opinion, heh.