UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Competition at Lord Brahm's Request...

DarthNader

Sorceror
Re: Competition at Lord Brahm's Request...

I can't thank you enought LC for creating this event for crafters to partake in!! I have a quick question though. Are the ballot boxes going to be placed after the turn-in cutoff has passed?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

No voting will begin until after tonight, midnight then I already know what I'm going to after that.

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying the contest AND I'm very impressed at the number of entries. This morning, I think I left it at 26 entries. CRAZY!

Lady Teela

Wanderer

I like this competition as well. It's always neat to see something you've done impact the persistent UO world. I've fought side by side with Lord Brahm in more than one battle so it's cool to think that the next time we take up arms together he might just be wearing one of our suits.

Again, LC, awesome idea. Really simple, inclusive to the whole shard, and you actually get to see the results of your efforts. Thank you!

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

OK - the entries are now closed!!!!!!! Watch for a posting from me in the next day or so :)

#22 is cool, but it looks like an evil king :p
# 4 is great but not for a king... it's for a GOD :)

I still can't get what is my favourite.

Honorable mention to #18 because it trains healing. Have a look on it ;)

alllex

Knight

I like number #14, Look normal, doesnt look to much, A great gold plate, perfect for a king.

I think King or Lord, I don't think of someone all done up wearing the biggest and best armor for all pieces of them. RARELY throughout history have Kings or Lords fought in battles that would require them to wear so much armor. It's why I like #15 the best. he still has armor that is fit for a king, yet gives off the persona that he is still THE KING, or Lord, that gets others to do the fighting.

homosapyouin

Sorceror

I went with dark armour, because it looks snazzy and intimidating, but with softer colors portray the "light" which I would imagine a Lord Brahm to demonstrate as a lord to his subjects. And then a bit of color so it didn't all blend in to blah. I like a good majority though, so *shrugs*.

hugoboss

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;548348 said:
# 4 is great but not for a king... it's for a GOD :)

.. #4 is most appropriate.. after all, the whole story behind this competition alludes to "The Emperor's New Clothes".. ;)

Lady Teela

Wanderer

Were I King, I'd walk around in a cloth ninja suit all day. Why? I'm a big fan of natural fibers. 100% cotton FTW. The King must have comfort! I imagine wearing platemail all day can cause quite the body odor issues. Plus, a cloth ninja suit would be kind of like wearing your pajamas all day. What's the point of being King if you can't wear your pajamas until noon? Plus, ninjas are just plain awesome.

ParagonDancer;548384 said:
I think King or Lord, I don't think of someone all done up wearing the biggest and best armor for all pieces of them. RARELY throughout history have Kings or Lords fought in battles that would require them to wear so much armor. It's why I like #15 the best. he still has armor that is fit for a king, yet gives off the persona that he is still THE KING, or Lord, that gets others to do the fighting.

Not to be contredictory but.....

LadyCrimson said:
Greetings, citizens of Britainnia -

Lord Brahm has requested a bit of a competition among the crafters of our lands. The last few battles have left his armor battered and bent. His cloak is showing frayed near the edges and his sash has seem to lost its luster. His request is that those with a sense of fashion and skill with the hammer and needle create him new armor. The armor must be stately as a Lord would not wear anything less (a requirement by Lady Crimson).

The task is to create a suit of armor with accessory items (cloak, sash, etc) fit for Lord Brahm.

hugoboss

Sorceror

perhaps Lord Brahm is considering to retire to a more genteel, executive role in the administrative discharge of his Lord-ly duties? thus leaving the 'frontline', implementation aspect of aforementioned Lord-ly duties (and the requisite armor-wearing) to his subordinate? hehe

Raylin McCluster;548528 said:
Not to be contredictory but.....

That's not contradictory at all.

His armor is worn, and he needs something new fit for a Lord. Who's to say he's going to soon continue in battle? Maybe he wants some new armor (as the person above me stated) for more administrative, and Lordly duties.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

To the players with interest, Brahm has selected seven of his favorite suits crafted. He has had these mannequin's moved into the castle. They are upstairs to the north just before entering the throne room. He has requested your assistance in sharing with him your opinion of the armors selected. If you could please stop by the castle and cast a vote into the ballot box for the mannequin(s) you like the best, he would be very appreciative.

Please note, you may cast a vote for multiple mannequins. Only the aye votes will be counted and Brahm reserves the right to the final decision, even if it is different than popular request (he understands some may act less than desirable in an attempt to sway the voting process).

Again, thank you for your time.

hugoboss

Sorceror

ParagonDancer;548549 said:
That's not contradictory at all.

His armor is worn, and he needs something new fit for a Lord. Who's to say he's going to soon continue in battle? Maybe he wants some new armor (as the person above me stated) for more administrative, and Lordly duties.

the person above you <3 Eby

;)

hugoboss

Sorceror

LadyCrimson;548552 said:
To the players with interest, Brahm has selected seven of his favorite suits crafted..

The Lord doth nay appreciate mine couture! :( :(

*eats leftover sash-cloth*

I'm not at home right now, and I wont be home for another 5 hours.

Could someone tell me the numbers that advanced to the next level?

Thanks for your help!!!