UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Competition at Lord Brahm's Request...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
(completed) Competition at Lord Brahm's Request...

Greetings, citizens of Britainnia -

Lord Brahm has requested a bit of a competition among the crafters of our lands. The last few battles have left his armor battered and bent. His cloak is showing frayed near the edges and his sash has seem to lost its luster. His request is that those with a sense of fashion and skill with the hammer and needle create him new armor. The armor must be stately as a Lord would not wear anything less (a requirement by Lady Crimson).

The task is to create a suit of armor with accessory items (cloak, sash, etc) fit for Lord Brahm. The armor should not be runic (the modifiers on the armor make no difference to Lord Brahm).

To enter the contest, an entry box will be located at the main gate of the British Castle in Britain, Trammel.

Place your suit in a bag. Also within the same bag, place a book with your characters name (if you used multiple crafters, only the name you wish to receive credit should you win), your forum name, and your email address. Also, please include a rune to your house if you have one. (Note: if you do not put your items inside a bag, they will be disqualified). Please, only one entry per account.

Entries must be placed in the box by midnight, May 6th, 2009. All suits will be placed on a manequin and placed on display with ballot boxes. While Lord Brahm reserves sole right in selecting the winner, public vote will assist in his decision. A winner will be selected and announced by May 11th, 2009.

Lord Brahm will reward the crafter of the winning suit with a check for 20,000 gold. If the winning craftsman is not at grand master level, the armor will be changed to display the individuals name regardless of his or her skill level.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: Competition at Lord Brahm's Request...

Does Lord Brahm also require a new weapon and shield with his outfit?
Also would i be disqualified for using a runic piece?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

You would not be disqualified for using a runic piece but just know the modifiers on the armor have nothing to do with the contest (he doesn't really need them, you see). A new shield would be fine; however, he does carry Justice so there is no need for a weapon.

Now, what about pigmentation? Some players can afford to make the armor more colourful with the aid of the distant land of Tokuno. Will Tokuno pigmentation be part of the selection process?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

No, pigmentation will not give anyone benefit over anyone else. Besides, Brahm is a pretty simple fella.

gugutz

Knight

There is still time for me to join in then.

Ill make a very good looking armor and try to find time to submit it.

Are the suits automatically placed on a mannequinn? I want to make sure my entry is actually entered in and not deleted by mistake. I just put a spiffy new suit in there.

Pont

Knight

TheCoolSideofthePillow;546595 said:
Are the suits automatically placed on a mannequinn? I want to make sure my entry is actually entered in and not deleted by mistake. I just put a spiffy new suit in there.
I had to wait so it dosn't seem automatic, patience is a virtue :).

hugoboss

Sorceror

one of the GMs will come round to dress up the statues i believe

Pont

Knight

hugoboss;546605 said:
i can't seem to find the ActivateVirtue gump for Patience in the UO hotkey list... ;)
You have to kill AW's naked then it will be activated. Once activated it gives you the ability to poo gold. When you manage to kill a para AW naked then you will become a knight of the virtue. :cool:

Oaks

Knight

One sentence you wrote is open for interpretation due to the wording of it, so I would like to know if the suit need to include a sash and cloak ?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Absolutely not. The suit should be armor - any decorative or cloth items are completely optional. Lord Brahm does not need a weapon as he carries Justice. A shield is acceptable. Any entry with a weapon, the weapon is not being placed on the mannequin.

hugoboss

Sorceror

hmmm if only we could stitch slogans onto tunics, surcoats etc.. i'd include one (picked out in sequins) that say. "Wham, Bhram, Thank You Ma'am"... hehe

I really liked this competition.

I tried to go with a more "Lord" look, than a warrior or solider.