UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE]Taming Fix Mega Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: Taming Fix Mega Pack

Nikki, I think it is WONDERFUL that you are doing all this work.

But I also think you need to remember that although Demise is the "test server", you don't want to disrupt it too much, or you'll find yourself with no testers.

100% my humble opinion that carries no weight

exactly what Gisela said.

We are happy for your efforts, mine was meant to be only a suggestion by my point of view... because now you are in the situation your fixes are requesting more fixings to balance the whole thing. If you feel you can do it, I'm glad :)
The only thing I don't want is you losing your soul catching every possible fix that is required to balance that one you created. ML is a huge mess and we will need a really good organization to face it.

If the CODE would have decided to block part of ML features for now, I would have opposed to the runic bonuses bump. I repeat, it's only a matter of order (that is always a personal thing), not a matter of non-written rules.

But again, if you have found what you like, and you can handle it, we are very happy and we thank you because you are making our future easier.

EvilChild

Knight

osd_daedalus;561634 said:
exactly what Gisela said.

We are happy for your efforts, mine was meant to be only a suggestion by my point of view... because now you are in the situation your fixes are requesting more fixings to balance the whole thing. If you feel you can do it, I'm glad :)
The only thing I don't want is you losing your soul catching every possible fix that is required to balance that one you created. ML is a huge mess and we will need a really good organization to face it.

If the CODE would have decided to block part of ML features for now, I would have opposed to the runic bonuses bump. I repeat, it's only a matter of order (that is always a personal thing), not a matter of non-written rules.

But again, if you have found what you like, and you can handle it, we are very happy and we thank you because you are making our future easier.

agreed, nothing but respect for all of the effort and time Nikki put into coding fixes and new stuff.

darthjesus;561637 said:
i think the biggest conflict of interest is having players DECIDE which code goes in.
I want to qualify this statement. The way i see it, the goal is to catch up to OSI. It seems like anything that gets us closer is a step in the right direction.

The direction UO has moved in has constantly pissed people off, most notably trammel. I feel that not implementing code because someone feels their template is getting nerfed is a poor at best. This happens all the time, thats why we see publishes attempting to reverse these issues. You cant please everyone all the time. If the update gets steaming in the right direction, dont complain about getting caught in its wake. Templates have come and gone, thats how it goes.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Personally, I appreciate what Nikki is doing and this change isn't going to unbalance anything more than it already is. It is not up to the players to determine what code goes in - that's up to Mark and psz .... As fast as things are getting implemented, I am pretty sure all is well.

I think its great to have the changes here and ready to go.

LC

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

I don't mind being asked for more fixes as long as they get used and don't sit on the shelf. If doing what I can to finish pub 46 is the condition for my code to be USED that's fine. I did a burst of little fixes after the first update then wanted a project instead of of little 5 line 30 second fixes. I tried to make a project out of Pub 33 but couldn't get the help I needed. LC offered a project in vet rewards so I took that down. Then turned Auto Stable into a project by fixing everything I could find with taming. I'll still knock off the little fixes as I see them but I'm looking for bigger fish to fry.

We can't make all of ML an all or nothing proposition especially without a test shard other than we have to do things in pieces. We can't hold fixes for every possible fix. But if doing as much of pub 46 at once as possible is considered important I'll polish off what I can. In order to do it all I need some data from OSI if the remaining points are that important someone will get the data if not I can't see them being that critical.

The most important thing is that I don't do something just to have it sit on a shelf collecting dust. That benefits no one and only wastes my time.

gugutz

Knight

I agree with LC, i really appreciate Nikki's work at coding so much for us (im thankfull for all your guys, not only nikki, of course), and i think that if she has the energy to fix a bunch of stuff, she should do it. Since who decides what goes in and out is mark and psz, all shes doing is leaving a lot of fixed stuff for them to easily analize and implement in the future. Makes the work easier, and we end up with a lot of good quality code at out shard.

crackhead

Knight

i dont understand what the changes nikki made for publish 46 unbalance everything so much. what your bird cant dismount 100% of the time? that seems to help balance things.

Lucifall

Knight

darthjesus;561637 said:
i think the biggest conflict of interest is having players DECIDE which code goes in.
No shit.

I fail to see how this unbalances things. Hiryus are retardedly overpowered as they are now, this one patch fixes a bit of the amazing power they have in PvP. Sure, pet ghosts will be a big problem, but still. Nothing personal, but not wanting an update because it will nerf X person's ability over Y person is not very cool. Half resists from rune corruption is still pretty damn nice. Say a mob has 70 energy, it now has 35.

Red / criminal / grey tamer pets would FINALLY be attackable instead of someone having to wait the tamer to harness a huge dismount gank. Be grey, and your pet is grey too, that's just plain fair.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Truly, if this were a serious issue - we'd have to start at SE and do every fix in order as OSI.... that isn't going to happen so yea... I'm good with taming changes.

LC

LadyCrimson;561643 said:
Personally, I appreciate what Nikki is doing and this change isn't going to unbalance anything more than it already is. It is not up to the players to determine what code goes in - that's up to Mark and psz .... As fast as things are getting implemented, I am pretty sure all is well.

I think its great to have the changes here and ready to go.

LC

I think LC has basically said it all.

What makes little sense is to code stuff as per Publish 33 if it was then changed in Publish 46 (or whenever).

Of course ideally any new code going in could have both options - using the "If Core = SE" with the SE fix and "If Core = ML" for the ML fix.

FE

psz

Administrator

As much as I'd love to have that happen (as that's how it SHOULD have happened), it'd just be way to, what's the word, mind-numbingly insane to attempt that at this point ;->

It's just a pain to look at an older Pub, see what was fixed, THEN go through all LATER pubs and make sure it wasn't redone :-P

And lets be honest, new players will just make their temps based on whatever the current situation is, and what veteran players want more than anything else is change to keep UO interesting.

We will all gripe to our friends in private about overpowered whatevers, 20 second cooldowns and ruined templates, and then we will all spend an enjoyable few months hunting for new equipment and perfecting new toons to kick ass with...

:)

FE

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Except this further nerfs what has always been broken (rune beetles)

Lucifall

Knight

Gisela;561746 said:
Except this further nerfs what has always been broken (rune beetles)

I'm pretty sure all you have to do in order to fix RB is increase the rune beetle's skill cap in it's script.

uome

Bug Hunter

I'm going to keep updating this as i check it.
I will contact Nikki on completion.

Nikki_Demise;561520 said:
Publish 16
UO Herald
guide.uo.com

Except in the case of paralyzation, if an animal cannot pathfind to the person trying to tame it, the taming attempt will fail. This limitation includes situations where placed objects, walls, energy fields, and any other such object block the creature.
^There seems to be an issue when you walk through the creature you are taming, you recieve the message "there is no clear path" and taming stops.
It seems to be within a 1 tile range also, walking in a wide circle aroun the target caused no problems.
I tested this in green acres to make sure nothing else was affecting the taming attempt.

Nikki_Demise said:
Five on Friday

As for control chance, we aren't seeing issues with it so far. If you have 90 Bushido, you have a 60% chance to control the lesser hiryu, and it scales up to a 90% chance at 120 adjusted skill, or 95% at 120 real skill (no jewelry.) Even at 120 real skill, you'll probably want to keep some food on hand in case your lesser hiryu refuses an order - you don't want its loyalty to drop too far!
^seems to be 100% control chance atm, even at 90 skill. Tested with naked char, elevn, only bushido at different levels, no other skills.
I didn't test with jewels yet becasue of that.

Niki_Demise said:
Publish 33

Addressed an issue with followers being lost at logout.

* When a player logs out, followers (pets, hired NPCs) will be auto-stabled, returning to the player upon login.

Pack Animals carrying items are not subject to the pet protection features.
^Question:
Should it be tame pets as well as bonded?
ok it seems it is just bonded. http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=556112&postcount=21

Possible exploit:
When a players stables are full. If they log out dead, the pet is stabled. You can keep doing this over and over. we went 8 slots over the stable limit before we got bored.
The stables remain over stocked even after a server reboot.
*EDIT* exists on osi so its staying in. Pet bond deeds are being tweaked so they can't be used if your stables are full.

Nikki_Demise said:
Publish 43

# Pet Protection now works with summoned pets
# Fixed an issue with Pet Protection that could cause a dead player who logged out to lose a dead bonded pet. Added a message telling players that they need to resurrect themselves and log back in in order to reclaim dead bonded pets.
^All seems fine here. No pets were ever lost, yet.......

Nikki_Demise said:
Publish 46

# The formula for controlling a tamed pet has changed - see here for more details.

* Success chance for control is determined by whichever skill set is higher (i.e., Bushido or the combination of Animal Taming and Animal Lore).
* The chance to tame a Lesser Hiryu will remain the same.

# Rune Beetle Corruption pet ability will now reduce each resist by one half of its value for the duration of the corruption. The Rune Beetle Corruption pet ability use to reduce all resists to 0.

Niki_Demise said:
# Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only exist between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is online
^First dead bonded pet dissapered after 2hours 40mnutes.
next dead horse 3hours 15minutes.
next dead bonded pet 2hours 15minutes
next dead bonde pet 2hours 45minutes
next dead bonded pet 2hours 50minutes
next and last 3hours 45minutes
This is about as much fun as watching paint dry!
The 2-4 hour timer is restarted after the server has restarted.

Nikki_Demise said:
# When a Lesser Hiryu chooses to perform the Dismount special maneuver, it will now have a 20% chance to succeed in performing the dismount. This chance use to be 100%.
^All seems well. The chance to dismount had been greatly reduced.

Nikki_Demise said:
# A pet that performs a Dismount special maneuver will now add a remount delay for its owner.
^All seems ok. The dealy seemed to be about 2 seconds and a system message was received.

Niki_Demise said:
# Pets will possess the same notoriety as their masters when commanded, added as a friend, transferred to another player, etc.
Observations:
Blue summons and pets go grey if the owner does.
red summons dont go grey or blue.
blue mirror images stay blue when the owner is grey, go red when the owner is red.
sumoned fey stay blue, guards can be called on them though.
when guards are called on a grey attacking pet if the owner is outside the gz the owner donsn't get whacked, just the pet.
*EDIT* seems notoriety was missed out of the patch file.

Nikki_Demise said:
Publish 51
Five On Friday

* Pet summoning balls unhide the summoner when attempting to summon their pet.
* Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells.
* Pet summoning balls have a reuse delay of 15 seconds.
Summoning balls have a casting animation and can be disrupted. The cast time seems to be the same as resurection with fc0 fcr0, about 1.5-2 seconds
summoning pets using a petball revals the hiding player.
The reuse delay timer seems to be working correctly also.

Nikki_Demise said:
Testing Notes

1. Bonded Pet decay time hasn't been thoroughly tested. I wanted to go ahead and get the pack out for testing instead of holding it.

Nikki_Demise said:
2. Collecting OSI data has been difficult and sometimes the change descriptions aren't perfectly clear. If someone can compare this change pack to actual OSI tests that would be good.

3. Stratics says anyone used to be able to control a tamed lesser hiryu regardless of skill and publish notes sort of hint at it. Can this be confirmed?
^Sorry no osi testing facilities here.

Nikki_Demise said:
4. This pack and the veteran rewards both change PlayerMobile Serialization final version numbers depend on which order fixes are implemented in.
^This is being tested on svn 321, without the vet rewards package installed.

uome

Bug Hunter

Finished testing on the second release. (as seen in post one)

All seems to working as it should. :)
I think if we let it lose on the public any little niggles that i havn't seen will be found easier.

*edit* one last osi check needed first.

Pont

Knight

I'm a little concerned about the bug that lets you stable more pets than you should be able to. Even though this is on OSI it is something that needs fixing.....maybe we could beat OSI to this one???:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.