UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE]Taming Fix Mega Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter
[COMPLETE]Taming Fix Mega Pack

Publish 16
UO Herald
guide.uo.com

Except in the case of paralyzation, if an animal cannot pathfind to the person trying to tame it, the taming attempt will fail. This limitation includes situations where placed objects, walls, energy fields, and any other such object block the creature.

Five on Friday

As for control chance, we aren't seeing issues with it so far. If you have 90 Bushido, you have a 60% chance to control the lesser hiryu, and it scales up to a 90% chance at 120 adjusted skill, or 95% at 120 real skill (no jewelry.) Even at 120 real skill, you'll probably want to keep some food on hand in case your lesser hiryu refuses an order - you don't want its loyalty to drop too far!

Publish 33

Addressed an issue with followers being lost at logout.

* When a player logs out, followers (pets, hired NPCs) will be auto-stabled, returning to the player upon login.

Pack Animals carrying items are not subject to the pet protection features.

Publish 43

# Pet Protection now works with summoned pets
# Fixed an issue with Pet Protection that could cause a dead player who logged out to lose a dead bonded pet. Added a message telling players that they need to resurrect themselves and log back in in order to reclaim dead bonded pets.

Publish 46

# The formula for controlling a tamed pet has changed - see here for more details.

* Success chance for control is determined by whichever skill set is higher (i.e., Bushido or the combination of Animal Taming and Animal Lore).
* The chance to tame a Lesser Hiryu will remain the same.

# Rune Beetle Corruption pet ability will now reduce each resist by one half of its value for the duration of the corruption. The Rune Beetle Corruption pet ability use to reduce all resists to 0.

# Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only exist between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is online

# When a Lesser Hiryu chooses to perform the Dismount special maneuver, it will now have a 20% chance to succeed in performing the dismount. This chance use to be 100%.

# A pet that performs a Dismount special maneuver will now add a remount delay for its owner.

# Pets will possess the same notoriety as their masters when commanded, added as a friend, transferred to another player, etc.

Publish 51
Five On Friday

* Pet summoning balls unhide the summoner when attempting to summon their pet.
* Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells.
* Pet summoning balls have a reuse delay of 15 seconds.

Five On Friday

Here is how the new AI should behave:
Commands:

• Guard - The pet should guard as it does currently.
  • Follow - The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)
  • Come - The pet should walk to. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding) - OSI tests show pets will chase and fight back under a Come order
  • Kill/Attack - The pet will attack its target as it does currently.
  • Stop - The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
  • http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=557101&postcount=22 - OSI tests show this is a bug stop should clear the aggressor list.
  • Stay - The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding) - OSI test show pets will fight back under a Stay order but only in place
Note: The pet will revert out of passive mode if the pet's owner dies, if the pet is stabled, traded, player character transfers, player and pet log off, etc.

UO Guide

• Drop
Causes bonded, non-pack creatures to drop whatever they might be carrying. Allows you to for eg. salvage arrows that might have been shot into your pet. OSI testing confirms unbonded pets can't be ordered to drop.

Testing Notes

1. Collecting OSI data has been difficult and sometimes the change descriptions aren't perfectly clear. If someone can compare this change pack to actual OSI tests that would be good.

2. Stratics says anyone used to be able to control a tamed lesser hiryu regardless of skill and publish notes sort of hint at it. Can this be confirmed?

3. This pack and the veteran rewards both change PlayerMobile Serialization final version numbers depend on which order fixes are implemented in.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: Taming Fix Mega Pack

I think something is wrong with the zip archive. Could you repost it?

And I thought we all had an unspoken agreement not to update anything that was essentially a nerf! :)

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Gisela;561528 said:
And I thought we all had an unspoken agreement not to update anything that was essentially a nerf! :)

I'm pretty sure the idea is to match OSI. My effort to work back through Publishes has been less than successful stuck on the first publish for lack of data. Working on auto stable has had taming on the brain so I decided to expand across the skill and fix everything I could find on taming.

One persons nerf is another person's power boost and vica versa. Evasion and Remove Curse changes strengthen Dexxers and nerf Mages. I'm trying to get things done not submit swarms of disjoined micro fixes.

I don't want this effort to be micro patching lets get our favorite pet projects in while keeping things basicly the same. As I told Daed my goal is to see Demise implimenting publishes the week after OSI announces them. I can't do that myself and alot hinges on a group effort from coders, OSI testers, debuggers, admins, and Mark. So I may or may not see my goal achieved but I'm not party to any unspoken agreement not to nerf and if it exists I don't think it's relevant or has been abided by so far.

Kiluad

Sorceror

he was just being cheeky i think.. :p

and ive decided if im going to keep helping, i need to switch from notepad to something else, cause im sick of compiling with the damn server and discovering i forgot a damn { or some jazz.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Kiluad;561548 said:
and ive decided if im going to keep helping, i need to switch from notepad to something else, cause im sick of compiling with the damn server and discovering i forgot a damn { or some jazz.

I code in notepad, use TortoiseSVN for SVN access and creating large patches like this and the Vet Rewards and WinMerge for comparing files.

Kiluad

Sorceror

Nikki_Demise;561551 said:
I code in notepad, use TortoiseSVN for SVN access and creating large patches like this and the Vet Rewards and WinMerge for comparing files.

WinMerge you say? that would be handy to have, comparing files in one program.

but i still need something other than notepad, maybe your computer is faster, or just never make stupid mistakes, but my server loading time is like 20 mins and my mistakes happen all the time, probably because im not very good at this stuff.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Emacs + Cygwin FTW

All these utils you are talking about are unix knockoffs, just use the real thing ;)

diff
patch
svn

EvilChild

Knight

The changes made in publish 46 were meant to fundamentally alter PvP balance issues.

If you want to add one I think you better add them all

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46

you know, all of the fun things like

tactics for weapon specials

death strike nerfs vs archers

animal forms cant get out of dismounts

etc

All of those changes were meant to go in the game together to balance things. Adding one without the others defeats the purpose of balancing and will just mess things up worse than they are.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Kiluad;561559 said:
WinMerge you say? that would be handy to have, comparing files in one program.

but i still need something other than notepad, maybe your computer is faster, or just never make stupid mistakes, but my server loading time is like 20 mins and my mistakes happen all the time, probably because im not very good at this stuff.

Yeouch! My server compile time is 40 seconds complete load time 50 seconds. And I'm not even slightly immune to stupid mistakes. Standard pattern is write the code then find all the ;'s I forgot to add when the server fails to compile.

The nicest thing about WinMerge compared to cygwin is i can go through the changes line by line and select which to add and which to skip and it's great when I just want to see what's different. Besides I've no romantic feelings for unix and like GUI's.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

sdiff

e: but I'm not going to get into it here because I am destined to fail

Gisela

Bug Hunter

EvilChild;561561 said:
The changes made in publish 46 were meant to fundamentally alter PvP balance issues.

etc

All of those changes were meant to go in the game together to balance things. Adding one without the others defeats the purpose of balancing and will just mess things up worse than they are.

100% agree with this

Without meaning to belittle your efforts in any way

Edit edit Case in point I would rather you not nerf my rune beetle before it even gets a chance to be used UNNERFED of the incorrect speed and artificial skill cap they have had since introduction to demise

uome

Bug Hunter

Kiluad;561548 said:
ive decided if im going to keep helping, i need to switch from notepad to something else, cause im sick of compiling with the damn server and discovering i forgot a damn { or some jazz.
I've got myself something called "sharpdevelop" you may find it usefull, as a noob i certainly do.

Kiluad;561559 said:
but my server loading time is like 20 mins and my mistakes happen all the time, probably because im not very good at this stuff.
Even after adding the huge new vet reward package my server only took about 3 minutes to compile! Running it on a 1.4gig pentium with 256mb ram lol.

@Nikki i can't promise to get this checked before the weekend but i will try ;)
Thanks for your efforts.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

EvilChild;561561 said:

etc

We've already got the pub 46 nerve strike changes and the evasion project is including pub 46 change. We're past all or nothing on pub 46. However if I'm going to take completing pub 46 as my next project I need data.

• The Mana Regeneration item property is now subject to the principle of diminishing returns.
    • The hard cap on MR has been removed.
    • As the total MR from items increases, each successive point of MR will give less overall mana regeneration.
      • This means that adding more MR will always give more mana regeneration.
      • This also means that as you put more MR items on, you get less of a bonus from each additional MR item.
    • Having higher Meditation and / or Focus skill will give a bonus to mana regeneration gained from MR items.
    • Meditation and /or Focus will now benefit for intermediate values and not just for multiples of 10 (i.e. 80.1 used to give you same MR bonus at 89.9).
This gives no numbers. I need some kind of numbers.

• Can no longer stack using a weapon special move and casting a spell or activating a skill ability.
How does this work? Casting a spell turns off the special? Having a special on prevents casting? A special simply doesn't go off if casting when you hit? If so does it stay active or is in deactivated?

• Anything that can dismount a player character will now force an opponent out of Animal Form. This includes weapon special moves such as Dismount and Riding Swipe, items such as Bolas, and any creatures with Dismount, Raging Stomp, or Bola Throwing AI. The same timer will come into play for returning to animal form after being bola'd as currently exists towards remounting after being bola'd.
I looked into doing this one while I had dismount.cs open but couldn't find the message.

You did great efforts, but people has right, all of this will unbalance gameplay too much.

I suggest to prepare for the commit only changes in Publish 17 and 33, and to put away others for the next phase, ML implementation-bugfixing.

It's not only due to the balancing: if we start to add ML things, we will lose the focus on AoS and especially on SE that is still incompleted.

It's only my suggestion though.

EvilChild

Knight

You can make the code preparations you need. But I think, as previously suggested, it would be much better to wait on implementing specific changes until *all* relevant changes can be made. So the publish 46 stuff you can code now can still be coded and just not implemented until everything else gets implemented along with it.

gugutz

Knight

As a side note, you ppl should try coding with Notepad++ to work. It makes a lot of things easier, has a portable (zip) version, and it's open source. I've tried several text editors available when i started working with HTML + PHP + SQL, and Notepad++ is by far the best of them all imo.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

osd_daedalus;561590 said:
You did great efforts, but people has right, all of this will unbalance gameplay too much.

I suggest to prepare for the commit only changes in Publish 17 and 33, and to put away others for the next phase, ML implementation-bugfixing.

It's not only due to the balancing: if we start to add ML things, we will lose the focus on AoS and especially on SE that is still incompleted.

It's only my suggestion though.
EvilChild;561596 said:
You can make the code preparations you need. But I think, as previously suggested, it would be much better to wait on implementing specific changes until *all* relevant changes can be made. So the publish 46 stuff you can code now can still be coded and just not implemented until everything else gets implemented along with it.

ML has hardly been a basis for not implementing code so far. I'd be happy to work on AOS/SE projects if I knew of projects that needed done and had the data gathered so I could do them. AOS/SE implementations aren't that far from complete. I'll do what I can on publish 46 and I'll do it all if someone will get me the data I'm missing. But I don't write code so it can sit on the shelf for the next year and a half. I avoided this project originally because I didn't expect my contributions to be used. If they are going to get tied up in internal politics while we pick and choose what ML is going to be implimented I don't really see what the benefit is to me doing this. I didn't get to bed till 4-5am working on this project and more this morning, now your asking for more time for pub 46 and asking me to spend it so it can all be put on the shelf because it's the "wrong" ML fixes and "CODE" group apparently decided certain fixes shouldn't be done.

I tried to work on SE but I didn't have sufficient information to do it alone and people wouldn't jump on board. So I did something I could do. I'll do what I can on pub 46 to address balance concerns but I'm not interested in piling up code in the red tape pile because some people want some ML fixes done but not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.