UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Greater Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Greater Dragons

Yep, confirmed. They are like untamed.

Fortunately, if I have understood well, it can be fixed automatically, without GMs having to go to everyone to nerf your big friends :) Just a matter of time.

Lucifall

Knight

Also, are they supposed to be so many? Because, jeez, there's like 8 in destard tram.

EvilChild

Knight

Type: Broken Feature

Basic Description: Greater Dragons are broken

Way to experience: Tame a Greater Dragon

Detailed Description: On Demise Greater Dragons deal sad melee damage (10 to 70phys) and do no have a bleed attack. On Demise tamed Greater Dragons retain 100% of their stats and 90% of their skills.

On OSI Greater Dragons hit for higher melee damage (numbers unknown but I have seen numbers from 40ish on youtube videos to 70 from uoguide). Greater Dragons have a bleed attack on OSI (from videos/stratics forums). Greater Dragons on OSI lose 50% of their stats upon being tamed and all skills are reduced by 28% except magery. Skills can only be trained back up to 90% of pretamed... not 100%.

Greater dragons on demise are not affected by reptile slayers as they should be.

Greater dragons on demise will not gain skills above 120 even if they should be able to. Exception to this is wrestling which gains past 120 correctly.

Links: http://www.uoguide.com/Greater_Dragon
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=2585

Code: None at this time.

Edit: updated

EvilChild;574078 said:
Type: Broken Feature

Basic Description: Greater Dragons are broken

Way to experience: Tame a Greater Dragon

Detailed Description: On Demise Greater Dragons deal sad melee damage (10 to 70phys) and do no have a bleed attack. On Demise tamed Greater Dragons retain 100% of their stats and 90% of their skills.

On OSI Greater Dragons hit for higher melee damage (numbers unknown but I have seen numbers from 40ish on youtube videos to 70 from uoguide). Greater Dragons have a bleed attack on OSI (from videos/stratics forums). Greater Dragons on OSI lose 50% of their stats upon being tamed and all skills are reduced by 28% except magery. Skills can only be trained back up to 90% of pretamed... not 100%.

Links: http://www.uoguide.com/Greater_Dragon
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=2585

Code: None at this time.

I'd also add dragon/reptile slayers have no effect on them.

psz

Administrator

Slayer code has already been fixed (not yet submitted)

Code:
Index: SlayerGroup.cs
===================================================================
--- SlayerGroup.cs	(revision 329)
+++ SlayerGroup.cs	(working copy)
@@ -137,7 +137,7 @@
 			reptilian.Super = new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.ReptilianDeath, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( DeepSeaSerpent ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( GiantIceWorm ), typeof( IceSerpent ), typeof( GiantSerpent ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( IceSnake ), typeof( JukaLord ), typeof( JukaMage ), typeof( JukaWarrior ), typeof( LavaSerpent ), typeof( LavaSnake ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( Lizardman ), typeof( OphidianArchmage ), typeof( OphidianKnight ), typeof( OphidianMage ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( OphidianWarrior ), typeof( SeaSerpent ), typeof( Serado ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SilverSerpent ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( Snake ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ), typeof( Yamandon ) );
 			reptilian.Entries = new SlayerEntry[]
 				{
-					new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.DragonSlaying, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ) ),
+					new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.DragonSlaying, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof ( GreaterDragon ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ) ),
 					new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.LizardmanSlaughter, typeof( Lizardman ) ),
 					new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.Ophidian, typeof( OphidianArchmage ), typeof( OphidianKnight ), typeof( OphidianMage ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( OphidianWarrior ) ),
 					new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.SnakesBane, typeof( DeepSeaSerpent ), typeof( GiantIceWorm ), typeof( GiantSerpent ), typeof( IceSerpent ), typeof( IceSnake ), typeof( LavaSerpent ), typeof( LavaSnake ), typeof( SeaSerpent ), typeof( Serado ), typeof( SilverSerpent ), typeof( Snake ), typeof( Yamandon ) )

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

I know everyone is reporting problems with their stats...

But, damage output is... lacking to say the least.

Let's do a stat/skill chart!

Comparison of my pets:
--------------Hiryu--------- Greater Dragon
STR -----------695---------------- 1382
Wrestling----114.4-----------------130.5
Tactics-------109.4----------------123.9
Anatomy-----100------------------100

Both do physical damage, both attacking a blood elemental.

My hiryu hits for 45-55 damage a hit. The greater dragon on the other hand only hits for 10-20 damage.

I'm excluding fire breath from this, because I'm only doing a melee damage comparison.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Yeah uoguide says their base damage should be 24-33, but the code in svn has it set to 5-6. My guess is that was a placeholder value that someone forgot to update.

Anyway, can't complain about that when you're getting 240 fire breath damage on ratmen ;)

psz

Administrator

No this was the intended numbers for the code based on how RunUO USED to handle damage.

Back In The Day (TM), if you used the Stratics/UOGuide numbers, the damage was quite literally 10-20 TIMES too high, so a method was devised to create "proper" damage amounts.

This is no longer the case, and needs to be fixed in all of the ML monsters (and possibly one or two others)

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

Strangely, on ratmen it only does 190 damage... go figure :D

Gisela;574583 said:
Yeah uoguide says their base damage should be 24-33, but the code in svn has it set to 5-6. My guess is that was a placeholder value that someone forgot to update.

Anyway, can't complain about that when you're getting 240 fire breath damage on ratmen ;)

EvilChild

Knight

I do not know if this is a bug or what. But my dragon was completely untrained at about 121 tactics and has not gained a single point... even when both wrestle and anat have gone up by several points. After doing the math his final tactics should end up at around 135... but getting them there is eluding me.

Lucifall

Knight

EvilChild;574613 said:
I do not know if this is a bug or what. But my dragon was completely untrained at about 121 tactics and has not gained a single point... even when both wrestle and anat have gone up by several points. After doing the math his final tactics should end up at around 135... but getting them there is eluding me.

Skill cap seems to be bugged on them just the same as rune beetles.

EvilChild

Knight

Lucifall;574659 said:
Skill cap seems to be bugged on them just the same as rune beetles.

nah my dragon is gaining wrestle like it should

but it doesnt seem like any of the other skills will gain other than anat and med

im guessing it might be because the skills are over 120... but my magery is 114.4 and hasn't gained.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

EvilChild;574730 said:
im guessing it might be because the skills are over 120....
Some of the skillcheck calls I've seen in the code have 120 as the max amount that can be gained. And I never got a rune beetle past 120 eval, even when reskilled. However my g-dragon has definitely been gaining wrestling over 120.

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

EvilChild;574730 said:
but it doesnt seem like any of the other skills will gain other than anat and med

I trained a post patch gdragon for a while last night. I didn't see any problems with skill gain for any skills although wrestling definately gained fastest. Note: post patch magery will start at cap and won't need to gain.

EvilChild

Knight

Nikki_Demise;574867 said:
I trained a post patch gdragon for a while last night. I didn't see any problems with skill gain for any skills although wrestling definately gained fastest. Note: post patch magery will start at cap and won't need to gain.

A bit more information on it

As far as I can tell, any skill over 120 cannot be raised other than wrestle... even if it should be able to gain.

Now, I know that with the nerf all greater dragons will have their skills drop below 120 and this might fix the problem.... but it might just end up where the dragons stop gaining at 120 even if they should be able to get to 120+. I have only been able to test it on dragons with 120+ skill after being tamed.

psz;574198 said:
Slayer code has already been fixed (not yet submitted)

Code:
Index: SlayerGroup.cs
--- SlayerGroup.cs    (revision 329)
+++ SlayerGroup.cs    (working copy)
@@ -137,7 +137,7 @@
             reptilian.Super = new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.ReptilianDeath, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( DeepSeaSerpent ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( GiantIceWorm ), typeof( IceSerpent ), typeof( GiantSerpent ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( IceSnake ), typeof( JukaLord ), typeof( JukaMage ), typeof( JukaWarrior ), typeof( LavaSerpent ), typeof( LavaSnake ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( Lizardman ), typeof( OphidianArchmage ), typeof( OphidianKnight ), typeof( OphidianMage ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( OphidianWarrior ), typeof( SeaSerpent ), typeof( Serado ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SilverSerpent ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( Snake ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ), typeof( Yamandon ) );
                 {
-                    new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.DragonSlaying, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ) ),
+                    new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.DragonSlaying, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof ( GreaterDragon ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ) ),
                     new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.Ophidian, typeof( OphidianArchmage ), typeof( OphidianKnight ), typeof( OphidianMage ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( OphidianWarrior ) ),
                     new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.SnakesBane, typeof( DeepSeaSerpent ), typeof( GiantIceWorm ), typeof( GiantSerpent ), typeof( IceSerpent ), typeof( IceSnake ), typeof( LavaSerpent ), typeof( LavaSnake ), typeof( SeaSerpent ), typeof( Serado ), typeof( SilverSerpent ), typeof( Snake ), typeof( Yamandon ) )

That works only for reptile superslayer group. This patch will make the greater dragon sensible to reptile, dragon slayer and they can release arachnid slayer weapons.
Code:
Index: Scripts/Items/Weapons/SlayerGroup.cs
--- Scripts/Items/Weapons/SlayerGroup.cs    (revision 335)
+++ Scripts/Items/Weapons/SlayerGroup.cs    (working copy)
@@ -123,7 +123,7 @@
             }

arachnid.Opposition = new SlayerGroup[]{ reptilian };
-            arachnid.FoundOn = new Type[]{ typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ) };
+            arachnid.FoundOn = new Type[]{ typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( GreaterDragon), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ) };
             arachnid.Super = new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.ArachnidDoom, typeof( DreadSpider ), typeof( FrostSpider ), typeof( GiantBlackWidow ), typeof( GiantSpider ), typeof( Mephitis ), typeof( Scorpion ), typeof( TerathanAvenger ), typeof( TerathanDrone ), typeof( TerathanMatriarch ), typeof( TerathanWarrior ) );
             arachnid.Entries = new SlayerEntry[]
                 {
@@ -134,10 +134,10 @@

reptilian.Opposition = new SlayerGroup[]{ arachnid };
             reptilian.FoundOn = new Type[]{ typeof( TerathanAvenger ), typeof( TerathanMatriarch ) };
-            reptilian.Super = new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.ReptilianDeath, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( DeepSeaSerpent ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( GiantIceWorm ), typeof( IceSerpent ), typeof( GiantSerpent ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( IceSnake ), typeof( JukaLord ), typeof( JukaMage ), typeof( JukaWarrior ), typeof( LavaSerpent ), typeof( LavaSnake ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( Lizardman ), typeof( OphidianArchmage ), typeof( OphidianKnight ), typeof( OphidianMage ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( OphidianWarrior ), typeof( SeaSerpent ), typeof( Serado ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SilverSerpent ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( Snake ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ), typeof( Yamandon ) );
+            reptilian.Super = new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.ReptilianDeath, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( DeepSeaSerpent ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( GiantIceWorm ), typeof ( GreaterDragon ), typeof( IceSerpent ), typeof( GiantSerpent ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( IceSnake ), typeof( JukaLord ), typeof( JukaMage ), typeof( JukaWarrior ), typeof( LavaSerpent ), typeof( LavaSnake ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( Lizardman ), typeof( OphidianArchmage ), typeof( OphidianKnight ), typeof( OphidianMage ), typeof( OphidianMatriarch ), typeof( OphidianWarrior ), typeof( SeaSerpent ), typeof( Serado ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SilverSerpent ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( Snake ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ), typeof( Yamandon ) );
                 {
-                    new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.DragonSlaying, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ) ),
+                    new SlayerEntry( SlayerName.DragonSlaying, typeof( AncientWyrm ), typeof( Dragon ), typeof( Drake ), typeof ( GreaterDragon ), typeof( Hiryu ), typeof( LesserHiryu ), typeof( SerpentineDragon ), typeof( ShadowWyrm ), typeof( SkeletalDragon ), typeof( SwampDragon ), typeof( WhiteWyrm ), typeof( Wyvern ) ),

Attachments

• slayers.diff
    3.9 KB · Views: 3

Kiluad

Sorceror

they don't respond well anymore, 115 taming and 100 lore and it loses loyalty pretty much everytime i give it a command.

said all guard 5 times and went to very happy from wonderfully happy after food. did the command chance get switched to real skill by mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.