UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - October 17th 2009

Re: Changes - October 17th 2009

derreisender;1975957 said:
Works fine for me. Try this:

haha, note, where "PENGUINF" is your username that you use for your computer. Don't ask me how I came up with it. I was drunk reading a linux manual one night formatting and installing XP when...

Copy this folder to your desktop, and when it's on your desktop, delete the original that's in "my documents."
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\penguinf\My Documents\EA Games

Now, locate your razor profiles, usually in
Code:
C:\Program Files\Razor
and, you will want to copy the macros and profiles folder to your desktop (screenshots and videos, too, if you have any. no big deal).

Once those steps are complete (double check!), locate and delete your UO client data folder, the whole things and all its contents, which is, for me:
Code:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\
and
Code:
C:\Program Files\Razor
Use the link to download Razor via http://www.runuo.com/razor/Razor_Latest.exe , if memory serves me right, and here is a convenient link to redownload the client: ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/uo/setup-1.46.0.3.exe .

When you execute the setup, you will probably be prompted to uninstall -- do it. Let it patch up all the way by running uopatch.exe. If it fails on a patch, you can go into the PATCH folder within the UO client data directory, delete everything inside, and attempt to repatch. Keep in mind that add-ons typically break patching (like treehack), so only install those after you are fully patched and have installed razor.

I attempted to replicate your issue on my machine before and after updating razor and could not replicate the issue.

Yes, ADHD is a lovely thing. Copy the folders you took out of the razor directory back and copy the EA folder you took out of my documents back. That takes care of your settings and such. If the issue persists after a full delete and reinstall, see if you can isolate it to one account or character. I could list a million things that cause these things, but I don't want to waste time.

Yeah, I had to do the full delete the UO client data folder and razor data folder thing because a normal "uninstall" followed by a "reinstall" wouldn't work, even after reversing the treehack (file replacement). It would fail to patch and crash quite a bit. Especially if you have aging disk drives, it's good to get a clean slate. Running this before you go to bed then restarting the computer is a good idea. You go to START then RUN type CMD and hit ENTER. In the black window, type
Code:
 chkdsk c: /f /v /r
You'll get some bullshit about how it's in use so hit the "Y" key for yes, that you want it to run on reboot. Then, just close all your programs, reboot your computer, and sleep while your computer exhaustively checks your filesystem. Can't hurt :) Consider the occasional UltraDefrag - An Open Source Defragmenter too; I like using the "compact" button after shutting off my AV and going to bed for the night. Otherwise, it's painfully slow =P

Primal Fury

Sorceror

WOOHOO!! NO CRASHES! Thanks. Altho I must say when i downloaded UO from ur link it took 20 min and didn't even freakin install it. I had to use my damn UOR disk so it took forever but NO CRASHES!!! Thanks again.

Kogane

Wanderer

oldskooluo;1972870 said:
with a tamer or killing bunnies i can make 150k an hour, which is 75k every 30min. this was just fun to do. you should play the game more and be less of a forum troll you trammelite

First off, how are you doing that? Average 1500 gold per bunny with a planting time wait of 5 minutes. 60/5 = 12. 12 * 1500 = 18000 gold...

I mean, I have two characters there and alternate plantings, so that works pretty well and I make roughly 40k and hour. Then again if you're buying the thorns then you're really making a little more then half of that in profit (not including any good magics).

Second, I'm confused about the Champ spawn, why wouldn't 40 unicorns be able to take down a champ spawn? I realize you can't block it, but why couldn't 40 unicorns just take it? I've never done a champ spawn, so I wouldn't really know anything about it.

Primal Fury;1976310 said:
WOOHOO!! NO CRASHES! Thanks. Altho I must say when i downloaded UO from ur link it took 20 min and didn't even freakin install it. I had to use my damn UOR disk so it took forever but NO CRASHES!!! Thanks again.

Glad to see you back :)

Primal Fury

Sorceror

Ok Well uhh.. once again I'm crashing in party. Only thing I can think of is I'm useing Fez's mod and tree hack. Fez u need to fix this damnit! :)

At least you tracked it down and have the process to reinstall fresh in your mind, if you so desire :)

Primal Fury

Sorceror

Sometimes I will get these now... my UO is dieing!!! :(

Attachments

• Crash report.txt
    506 bytes · Views: 7
  • Crash2.txt
    563 bytes · Views: 4

Check your hard drive. If your hard drive is more than 5 years old, instead of checking it, replace it.

Zagar230

Sorceror

ya i play that game 2. enter a phone number and it sends a nuke to them. fun stuff