UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changes - May 28, 2016 - Wands (cont.), bolas, potions

Death To You

Sorceror
First off, I'd like to say thank you for the prompt changes to wands and bolas this patch, looks like you guys are actually starting to look at our suggestions now. However I'm not really sure what the purpose of increasing the weight of potions are, seems like it would just be more of an inconvenience to players rather than bring a positive change, especially when dueling as pat pointed out.

I think you should really start to add comments to the changes to give us an idea of why exactly the change has needed to be made and why the way you have changed is the most effective, i.e. Why bolas need to be balanced and why is it that increasing the weight to 28 stones is the most effective way to balance it. This will lead to a lot less confusion and changes will receive a lot more positive feedback as we can actually understand the reasoning on why you have made the change.

The biggest backlash from the wand change last patch was that people have been making more sound ways to balance wands for years yet it comes across that you've seemed to have just chosen random things to nerf to essentially make wands useless, some reasons why you've chosen to nerf these particular things would have went a long way. This goes the same way for increasing potion weight, I think anyone first looking at that first asks why? and will either come to their on conclusion on why its been made, which could be wrong, or just not understand it at all. How can we get behind a change without first understanding how it is made?

I think it's great that changes are finally being made in an attempt to improve hybrid yet I think your patch change model needs to change.

We need to do a complete restore of the PvP, restart this whole update process SLOWLY, and test the waters as we go. We need to revert back to the wand change, do some tweaking with them instead of completely ruining them... Once we have that taken care of "which shouldn't take long at all", then we can move on to the next issue and so forth.

I'm starting to think my suggestions and passion for making this server better are being completely overlooked and ignored due to WHO I AM? is this true?

Aragorn13

Traveler
You made a big mistake with this one guys.....it's going to drive people away and keep people from comming back

Maybe it's just me and I'm being a baby

Whatever lol I guess Ill just banksit until you guys see the light next saturday

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
İf they wait till next saturday i dont think it will be a good move.

I think we all appreciate what Suzy is trying to do.

Her heart is in the right place.

BUT

this is what happens when non pvpers try and make changes for what they think is best for pvp.

It doesn't work..
100% thinking the same thing, they should not take suggestions about pvp from non pvpers... In my mind if they would just listen to me, and listen to the players that want the best for the server this place MAY have a few months of life left. It just can't take very much more... If they want to revert back before the wand changes I could tell them everything to do to fix it, maybe if my name was different they would listen to my suggestions...

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
You might as well just keep the bola portion sure.. since no one yet is bitching and reset the potions... and just focus on new gameplay...

PLEASE! PLEASE!
Just add new things for us to do.
Add new types of BODs.
Add new accomplishments/mission.

a new dungeon/spawn here and there SURE W/E, but please do something else to the server. Give the server something worth doing. Something that promotes game play.. rather than poker and 1 or 2 reds and a whole bunch of pvp fix attempts.

Suzy thank you so much for your consideration and help... Thank you for being the only available/active/caring admin.

@Suzy , @Frank , and @Montana: I really do appreciate your free time.. but don't waste it.

@Suzy, I am throwing myself out there we can team up and make these changes right if you would like to.. Let me know as this will be my last attempt if I am ignored, I'm sure we can make some well needed changes that everyone can enjoy. Just let me know.

kookiemonsta

Sorceror
Lol, just allow people to get wanded/potted down.. I appreciate the attempt, but 15 potions or 50... you're still going to get chased down and killed. Lets let that gay pvp tactic just stay and move on.

I would like to take the time to thank Suzy for at least "trying" to keep this place afloat...

However these changes are not really needed for pvp and most will only hurt it. Like I said I'm open for private discussion to fix things that actually need to be fixed without ruining the pvp. The community does not need random changes just to feel like we are getting updates... We need updates to fix things that are slightly broken, FIXED not destroyed. Please contact me and we can get some polls going and hear some player on the changes before they are being made. We can't make changes based on what a few banksitters, and sub par pvpers suggest to make their style of pvp better while ruining many others gameplay.

Again, thanks for the changes suzy, I know you get tired of hearing complaints about your changes, but we need to take this slowly instead of tweaking every aspect of pvp.

Yeah maybe they should make a poll :) Potion change was unexpected and very damaging to the 1v1er. It gives more power to the wand abusers of 1v1 situations. I will be out of purple pots WAY before you are out of g heal wands.

Hate to say it but Heavy Smoker for Admin. At least he pvps and knows how the majority of pvpers feel for the most part.

Lol. What a joke. What exactly does adding an extra stone to a pot do? Actually it makes it so people who want to alchy duel, can't. Also, it slows down PVP... Why? Because now we have to restock mid fight. Do yourselves a favor and start talking to active pvpers about PVP issues and not PVMers. I'm sure Suzy had the best intentions with these changes...but the feedback she's getting is probably from the wrong people.

Yeah maybe they should make a poll :) Potion change was unexpected and very damaging to the 1v1er. It gives more power to the wand abusers of 1v1 situations. I will be out of purple pots WAY before you are out of g heal wands.

Hate to say it but Heavy Smoker for Admin. At least he pvps and knows how the majority of pvpers feel for the most part.
Thanks I understand people dislike me as I don't really put effort into getting people to like me here.. But if anything I've always had this server in my best interest and want it to be around as long as possible. I have some decent ideas, however I would always like to get them voted on before putting them into effect.

Not to mention I have enough experience and brain power to review OTHER PLAYERS suggestions and determine if they are in the best interest of the server before making the changes.