UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changelog 11-14-05

A

ASayre

Changelog 11-14-05

Me(3:56:06 PM): I am so gonnas use use you as a changelog notepad again ;>
Me(3:56:24 PM): clones can no longe rcall guards or be paragons
Me(3:56:27 PM): Party loot defaults to off
FERRETOFDOOM(3:56:48 PM): clones?
Me(3:57:09 PM): like, mirror images
Me(3:57:18 PM): Samurai starting quest implemented
FERRETOFDOOM(3:57:19 PM): oh, right
Me(4:01:14 PM): bone piles nwo give random between 10 and 15 bones
Me(4:01:34 PM): 3-5 random for rib cages
Me(4:05:25 PM): Fixes to the weapon abilities and Special move abiltiies, all generally related to the same bug of verification before a swing
FERRETOFDOOM(4:05:50 PM): is this stuffs inc today, or just fixs?
Me(4:06:03 PM): HOPEFULLY today
FERRETOFDOOM(4:06:04 PM): bone piles nwo give random between 10 and 15 bones
Me(4:06:06 PM): if CVS comes back up
FERRETOFDOOM(4:06:16 PM): 3-5 random for rib cages
Me(4:06:23 PM): yea
FERRETOFDOOM(4:06:28 PM): Fixes to the weapon abilities and Special move abiltiies, all generally related to the same bug of verification before a swing
FERRETOFDOOM(4:06:39 PM): fixing the gaps from me talking too much :p
Me(4:07:12 PM): vairbale name changes ;p
Me(4:07:15 PM): variable*
Me(4:08:25 PM): Stats now have their own 15 minute gain limits
Me(4:08:44 PM): red solens nopw have petsummoningballsagain
Me(4:09:20 PM): Wanderer accesslevel set to cousnelor for the GMs that add them and then can't delete 'em :p
FERRETOFDOOM(4:09:43 PM): lol
Me(4:10:03 PM): Meditation changes
Me(4:10:22 PM): more of a chance to meditate if you're lower on mana
Me(4:11:05 PM): Special Moves no longer have an auto-0magic 40 or greater LMC applied to them
Me(4:11:24 PM): Allt heose fixes re cast speed sio EVERYTHING is correct
Me(4:12:04 PM): animal form when running now uses last Attempted animal form as opposed to last successfl
Me(4:12:55 PM): other miscc changes
FERRETOFDOOM(4:17:39 PM): backstab?
Me(4:19:50 PM):
FERRETOFDOOM(4:06:28 PM): Fixes to the weapon abilities and Special move abiltiies, all generally related to the same bug of verification before a swing
Me(4:20:00 PM): bah
Me(4:20:03 PM): it WOUDL be up today
Me(4:20:07 PM): but oh goody. CVS is down
FERRETOFDOOM(4:20:07 PM): oh, didnt relize that applied
Me(4:20:07 PM): ><

Dont' expect formatting ;)

phil823

Wanderer
whats this mean??

Me(4:08:25 PM): Stats now have their own 15 minute gain limits

only gain so many stats per a set amount of time? like 1 point per 15 min?

also any ETA on uptime? no hurry though!... take your time ans get it right!

Layne

Wanderer
ASayre8 said:
Me(4:10:03 PM): Meditation changes
Me(4:10:22 PM): more of a chance to meditate if you're lower on mana

Currently failing med now with less than 20 mana at GM Med about 1 out of 5 tries.

Layne

Wanderer
hehehe what's up Trey?

Yeah I was telling you in game but didnt get into it. Been scribing most of the afternoon and into this evening and wa fine. But after server update came back in and I fail now when really low on mana.

Since posting I've been watching more closely, below 15 mana I fail around 50% of the time. Was wearing a wiz hat earlier and could get 3 ebolt scrolls done in one mana dump down to near 0 and med'ed everytime, that was back in the 60s, so plenty of chances to fail but didn't.

As soon as I logged back in after server went up, I failed my first three meds and have been consistantly since. No clue.

A

ASayre

More actually a bug in the changelog! ;)

50.0 + (( MeditationSkill - ( MaxMana - CurrentMana ) ) * 2)

[Drakull]

Knight
ASayre8 said:
More actually a bug in the changelog! ;)

50.0 + (( MeditationSkill - ( MaxMana - CurrentMana ) ) * 2)
???
So if your skill is 120 and your max mana is 145 (125 int + 20 from bonus (caparace plus a couple more items)) that makes you that when you are 10 mana your chances are:

50 + (120 - (145 - 10)) *2 = 50 + ( - 15)*2 = 50 -30 = 20 percent chances to meditate with 120 meditation.... while if your total int is just like 50 and your skill is 80 you have that:
50 + (80 - (50 - 10))*2) = 50 + (40*2) = 50 + 80 = 130...... sorry, but it makes no sense that you can have more chances to sucessfully meditate if your int is low with 80 meditation than with 120 meditation.... :(

pbguy434

Knight
If thats how it is on OSI, looks like you guys will have to deal with it. Complain to OSI. - Talking about the Med.

[Drakull]

Knight
Pbguy434 said:
If thats how it is on OSI, looks like you guys will have to deal with it. Complain to OSI. - Talking about the Med.
I don't doubt that it's harder to meditate in OSI when your mana is lower, I just doubt the correction of the formula.

Layne

Wanderer
Pbguy434 said:

Well for myself, I'm really just providing something called player feedback and forum participation. Although I realize we have readers and members out here who are little past drooling socio-paths who have grandmastered the knowledge of a fantasy game called Ultima Online but have very little skill in presenting themselves in public with any real intellectual integrity. Therefore, you always run the risk of providing said feedback as being misconstrued by said social elites as a "complaint." Speaking for myself, sir, I'm not complaining just pointing out the discrepancies between the original post versus actual game time experiences. That discrepancy was duly noted and ASayre kindly gave the correct info.

Thank you so much ASayre for the clarification.

Drakull said:
???
So if your skill is 120 and your max mana is 145 (125 int + 20 from bonus (caparace plus a couple more items)) that makes you that when you are 10 mana your chances are:

50 + (120 - (145 - 10)) *2 = 50 + ( - 15)*2 = 50 -30 = 20 percent chances to meditate with 120 meditation.... while if your total int is just like 50 and your skill is 80 you have that:
50 + (80 - (50 - 10))*2) = 50 + (40*2) = 50 + 80 = 130...... sorry, but it makes no sense that you can have more chances to sucessfully meditate if your int is low with 80 meditation than with 120 meditation.... :(

Your conclusion is invalid because you changed more than one variable in the equation. You changed the skill, and the intelligence.

Go back up to that equation and keep the amount of mana expended the same.

( 50 + ( 80 - ( 145 - 10 ))*2 )
( 50 + ( 80 - 135 ) * 2 )
( 50 + -55 * 2 ) = -60

Now it makes perfect sense.

[Drakull]

Knight
TheOutkastDev said:
Your conclusion is invalid because you changed more than one variable in the equation. You changed the skill, and the intelligence.
Go back up to that equation and keep the amount of mana expended the same.
( 50 + ( 80 - ( 145 - 10 ))*2 )
( 50 + ( 80 - 135 ) * 2 )
( 50 + -55 * 2 ) = -60
Now it makes perfect sense.
You are right, TheOutkastDev, I did change the int. It's also normal that as a char increases his training his stats will also raise. My main point (that is what I don't understand) is that having higher int (that is usually characteristic in mages and necros, that are really almost the only ones who really use meditation actively to get mana) seems to be a negative thing with this changes (the more int, the higher your max mana, the harder to meditate with low mana). I don't play on OSI, so I really don't know how it works there, but it seems to make sense that the int would take a bonus part in the meditation skill (the more int, the more chances also to meditate), specially when the intelligence is also part of the calculation of the speed factor (Base speed factor = (Meditation * 3) + Intelligence. ). Also, that formula doesn't seem to include any bonus when you reach gm meditation or 110/120 meditation (as most skills do in the success rates). That's the reason I'm making so many questions.
Thank you for the time spent in answering, by the way :)

[Drakull]

Knight
SlipTongue69 said:
So is that a negative chance to meditate? o_O
I suppose that if less than 0 it makes 0. But it's so easy to obtain negative with that formula when your maximum mana is a lot higher than your total skill that seems strange.
50 + (difference * 2) = if your difference is 25 points higher than your skill you're doomed. And we are not talking about int, but about mana maximum, that is something that lots of items give you. So at gm meditation if your int is 125 and you have 0 mana.... don't even try to meditate. If you also have modifiers to int or bonus to mana and your mana goes over 140 (more or less easy to have with 125 int), then don't even try to meditate unless you have at least 25 remaining points of mana.....
Are you sure that the formula is using a *2 instead of a /2?? or maybe the *2 is just for the skill???
something that could make a little bit more of sense is something like:
50 + (( (meditation skill *2) - (max mana - actual mana))/2)

Just my 2cent thoughts...