UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bolas

Code Blue

Knight
I 5xed a beetle one time. Was dueling some guy out in the farms and got a stun when he had low HP. I jumped off my bug and said all kill while I was loading an ebolt. The beetle bit him to death before I could cast. He didnt have armor on though.
GM resist on a beetle is pretty easy to macro and helps a ton if someone's trying to kill your mount. Also the ranger NPC will let you summon them for like 750gp.

Beetles are so under rated and op I'm surprised people don't have them

Idoc hunting will Stam out ethys
I was into idocs for YEARS and was in IDC guild, never did I stam out looking for idocs... If thats the only way they stam out then I think for pvp they are fine.

Remove fucking bolas, I just got killed by a 16 year old nerd on a hybrid mare in 2 seconds with a bola..

There is no reason a shitty player should be able to compete with an advanced player like it is nothing.

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
I was into idocs for YEARS and was in IDC guild, never did I stam out looking for idocs... If thats the only way they stam out then I think for pvp they are fine.

Remove fucking bolas, I just got killed by a 16 year old nerd on a hybrid mare in 2 seconds with a bola..

There is no reason a shitty player should be able to compete with an advanced player like it is nothing.
Yes 100% Yes

Code Blue

Knight

I was in IDC and we rocked the idoc scene

crikey

Sorceror

Can we remove hybrid mares instead?

I like using bolas on a dexxer

It's not so OP on a dexxer

Bolas need to be removed since wands got fucked over... Bolas should not be on a pre aos server, hybrid mares should not be allowed in pvp whatsoever

crikey

Sorceror
Remove bolas, dont remove bolas, personally Id be happy either way

using 7xmares in pvp is the king of lame however

How about: make all nightmares unrideable?
Won't hurt pVMers who use pets, but will FUCK any pvp tamers

Little Owl

Wanderer
I don't mind fighting PVP tamers when it's 1v1. If they have tactics to throw bolas, there is always a weakness that can be exploited. It's when they run in packs that things get out of hand.

There are times when a person's mount just needs to see the afterlife. Not all templates have the benefit of stun or parablow.

Maybe a good compromise would be to add bola protection to the protection spell, with the same success chances as protection from spell disruption (based on magery and inscription). Could also throw a bone to the Parry template so that at GM Parry with a shield equipped you are immune to being bolad. A cooldown of 30 seconds to 1 minute in between being bolad one time and the next is another possibility, since there is currently no defense against being bolad - which doesn't seem quite right.

crikey

Sorceror
You could always just take the bola and KILL the mare XD

I've done this countless times and I laugh everytime

Usually the mare gets down to about 5% life, the tamer mounts and dips lol

I suppose this is impossible for amage to do

Anyways....it's people ganking using 7x pets thats more of aproblem. Bola or not, when you have multiple people ganking you, the random FLAMESTRIKE/FIREBREATH(without words of power so you cant even prepare aheal) from the mare is alot scarier then the bola

It's enough to take down the most skilled of players
Mares and their insta flamestrikes are just way too powerful
mickey.jpg

You could always just take the bola and KILL the mare XD

I've done this countless times and I laugh everytime

Usually the mare gets down to about 5% life, the tamer mounts and dips lol

I suppose this is impossible for amage to do

Anyways....it's people ganking using 7x pets thats more of aproblem. Bola or not, when you have multiple people ganking you, the random FLAMESTRIKE/FIREBREATH(without words of power so you cant even prepare aheal) from the mare is alot scarier then the bola

It's enough to take down the most skilled of players
Mares and their insta flamestrikes are just way too powerful
View attachment 104975

wanna bola some fools?

YewGuards

Sorceror
Anyone crazy enough to fight without a mount (orcs etc) should be able to use bolas to even it up a bit. The problem is large groups, tamers in particular, spamming you with bolas. So i suggest having a 5 sec delay after unmounting before you can throw a bola, and a 5 sec delay inbetween throws. Fair compromise as they are still useful but cant be spammed. Also makes more logical sense as bolas would need to be prepared to be swung and thrown. I know because im in a professional bola league irl.
I like the extra delay after unmounting and inbetween throws suggestion. It does make logical sense that bolas should take time to prepare.
Maybe a good compromise would be to add bola protection to the protection spell, with the same success chances as protection from spell disruption (based on magery and inscription). Could also throw a bone to the Parry template so that at GM Parry with a shield equipped you are immune to being bolad. A cooldown of 30 seconds to 1 minute in between being bolad one time and the next is another possibility, since there is currently no defense against being bolad - which doesn't seem quite right.
Both of these ideas are decent. The protection spell could immediately go inactive after the first or second bola swing. Similar to magic reflect. The GM Parry gives Parry more purpose. This also helps newbies on the shard have a fighting chance to escape.

Bolas are an issue. I think, once a player is bola'd they should not be able to be bola'd for a minimum of 3-5 seconds. Back to back to back bolas are awful.

Leave my horse alone.
It is annoying to be bolaed immediately after barely remounting to escape a gank.

It doesnt make a shit if theres a 10 minute delay, i got bolad ONE time and died in 2-4 seconds from a hybrid mare... This shit is stupid they should be removed completely or only be used with 0 followers

tech.

Sorceror
It doesnt make a shit if theres a 10 minute delay, i got bolad ONE time and died in 2-4 seconds from a hybrid mare... This shit is stupid they should be removed completely or only be used with 0 followers

I wish the staff listened to you.

They're basically useless and are probably ruining the server on purpose.

Seer Duncan

Hybrid Staff Member
We're listening to everyone's suggestions and concerns.

It is our goal to continue changing Hybrid for the better and not turn on the cruise control button for a while.

Thanks!

tech.

Sorceror
You're listening to the LOUD MINORITY on a very low populated FORUM for changes. Most of which dont even qualify to suggest changes. You're making random updates without even asking for community feedback. Atleast make a poll with a list of GUARENTEED changes. The way you guys run this is super confusing and unprofessional.

I wish the staff listened to you.

They're basically useless and are probably ruining the server on purpose.
When I make suggestions I make them based on what would help the server if I was the OWNER. Bolas have ran people off slowly since they were introduced but now we cant afford to lose players.

You're listening to the LOUD MINORITY on a very low populated FORUM for changes. Most of which dont even qualify to suggest changes. You're making random updates without even asking for community feedback. Atleast make a poll with a list of GUARENTEED changes. The way you guys run this is super confusing and unprofessional.
Amen bro