UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bolas

pete liv

Sorceror
use a live mount and they become a non issue unless youre on a regular horse/llama that gets killed in one ebolt

theres not much that could be changed for them except maybe a cool down or maybe a "wind up" delay to throw it
making it tied to another skill would be bad

beetles or bust

crikey

Sorceror
Bolas are fine how they are. Liike pete said, get a beetle/warhorse and they aren't a big deal

If you are fiielding on an etheral mount, I'm very sorry to say this, but you're siimply foolish and deserve a bola to the face

crikey

Sorceror
Need pvp ethereals that remount as fast as a horse
shit, if this was my shard Id do this in a heartbeat
donation store would make a K I L L I N G

implement bola removal, and new spaacial fast pvp etheral mounts after server wars

That Friiday niight, walk into the Golden Bananna with 5 g's of wizard money in my pocket, make it rain and party like Tony Montanna in the back with me Don Perignon

Bolas, remove them completely are restore a good portion of pvp .. They are ridiculously overpowered and disruptive to pvp. and I'd like to be able to ride an ethy when I log on, as I'm sure others who paid alot for their mounts would too.

Little Owl

Wanderer
I believe they were nerfed a number of times (tactics required, remount times reduced, etc). Good information about the warhorses (forgot about that) although you aren't allowed to have all your characters in factions to my knowledge.

There are times when it is desirable or essential to bola a tamer as they often try to head for the hills once the nightmare is almost dead. Plus ethys don't have stamina loss, so runners never have an issue with mount stamina that is built into the game.

Could stand to add some sort of disincentive to their use - like thrower has to remain unmounted for x long prior to or after use.

crikey

Sorceror
Bolas are an issue. I think, once a player is bola'd they should not be able to be bola'd for a minimum of 3-5 seconds. Back to back to back bolas are awful.

Leave my horse alone.
When I played with scorxx and doom I was pretty good at the chain bolas XD

Its so fucking rude. I always felt like a troll doing it

I have a bola tamer and a 7x mare, but I just cant bear to use it

Too rude even for me

I believe they were nerfed a number of times (tactics required, remount times reduced, etc). Good information about the warhorses (forgot about that) although you aren't allowed to have all your characters in factions to my knowledge.

There are times when it is desirable or essential to bola a tamer as they often try to head for the hills once the nightmare is almost dead. Plus ethys don't have stamina loss, so runners never have an issue with mount stamina that is built into the game.

Could stand to add some sort of disincentive to their use - like thrower has to remain unmounted for x long prior to or after use.
I've had my ethereal run out of stamina many of times. It isn't very consistent though

Little Owl

Wanderer
Hmm. That's interesting. Sometimes my character has run out of stamina on my mages when I thought it was my mount. Not sure.

crikey

Sorceror
Stam loss confirmed. Another reason not to use ethys

Beetles or gtfo. Keep some meat in your backpack in case it stams out. Thiis works well if your opponent is unprepared for this situation and has no meat for their mount.

Also, the success rate for taming a beetle is 100% with a gm tamer. Takes very very little time to tame and transfer

Stop being lazy people!

If anybody needs beetle spawn locations marked, I'd be happy to help you. Let me know

TheHawks

Sorceror
Stam loss confirmed. Another reason not to use ethys

Beetles or gtfo. Keep some meat in your backpack in case it stams out. Thiis works well if your opponent is unprepared for this situation and has no meat for their mount.

Also, the success rate for taming a beetle is 100% with a gm tamer. Takes very very little time to tame and transfer

Stop being lazy people!

If anybody needs beetle spawn locations marked, I'd be happy to help you. Let me know
I 5xed a beetle one time. Was dueling some guy out in the farms and got a stun when he had low HP. I jumped off my bug and said all kill while I was loading an ebolt. The beetle bit him to death before I could cast. He didnt have armor on though.
GM resist on a beetle is pretty easy to macro and helps a ton if someone's trying to kill your mount. Also the ranger NPC will let you summon them for like 750gp.

crikey

Sorceror
btw, has anybody run into those new GOBLINS by Brit moongate? Seen them for the first time today.

Was herding away some guys beetle and these fuckers BOLA'D me and killed my ridgeback :(

There was a random blue tagging along whom I was showing the way to Brit moongate. They bolad the fuck out of him too and killed him rofl

fucking bola spawn.....real nice

YewGuards

Sorceror
btw, has anybody run into those new GOBLINS by Brit moongate? Seen them for the first time today.

Was herding away some guys beetle and these fuckers BOLA'D me and killed my ridgeback :(

There was a random blue tagging along whom I was showing the way to Brit moongate. They bolad the fuck out of him too and killed him rofl

fucking bola spawn.....real nice

Goblins are tired of being treated like second class citizens by Orcs and the shard. It might explain their stock pile of bolas and anger.

Cort.

Sorceror
Anyone crazy enough to fight without a mount (orcs etc) should be able to use bolas to even it up a bit. The problem is large groups, tamers in particular, spamming you with bolas. So i suggest having a 5 sec delay after unmounting before you can throw a bola, and a 5 sec delay inbetween throws. Fair compromise as they are still useful but cant be spammed. Also makes more logical sense as bolas would need to be prepared to be swung and thrown. I know because im in a professional bola league irl.