UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bolas

Cort.

Sorceror
It doesnt make a shit if theres a 10 minute delay, i got bolad ONE time and died in 2-4 seconds from a hybrid mare... This shit is stupid they should be removed completely or only be used with 0 followers
This is probably the best idea for bolas. Can only throw a bola with 0 followers. Doesnt make sense with regards to why someone unmounted with a pet couldnt throw a bola, but other than that it would be good balance wise, versus completely removing bolas.

Little Owl

Wanderer
That's an interesting idea with the 0 followers.

Bolas can be a pain, but so can mages that dump and run when they are out of mana, or dexers that continually offscreen. You should be able to kill a person's mount. Not sure why you can't attack the mount when someone is riding it, since a hally chop to a horse's legs or a spear to the horse's chest was part of combat back then.

Then there's the kirin guy. I should be able to kill that mount to protect from the chain lightning special effect. People that ride real mounts or use faction warhorse for half the remount time (I believe) don't have too many issues with bolas unless they are being ganked. That's a bit of another issue though. Lot to think about.

Little Owl

Wanderer
One thing that could be looked into is whether the mares have those flamestrikes precasted. I've never really looked into it, but they shouldn't be (in my opinion).

Another thing that could be done is to add a delay to the time that a pet can start casting spells once they are free of their rider. That could be something that would balance things out with the mares a bit.

Yea they also made pets SUPER overpowered a few years ago when they made pets insta cast "by mistake with patch" i complained then when i was staff but no one seen it as an issue because no one really pvpd on staff besides me... I know the changes needed, but people are too worried about shit talking me to agree

YewGuards

Sorceror
This is probably the best idea for bolas. Can only throw a bola with 0 followers. Doesnt make sense with regards to why someone unmounted with a pet couldnt throw a bola, but other than that it would be good balance wise, versus completely removing bolas.
I agree, I really like the zero follower concept. I think keeping bolas with a new rule set will keep players happy as opposed to all or nothing.