UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

best alchy dexxer?

What is your favorite alchy dexxer?

• Fencing

Votes: 186 27.5%
  • Macing

Votes: 243 35.9%
  • Swords

Votes: 58 8.6%
  • LJ

Votes: 189 28.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

godmathias

Wanderer
Re: best alchy dexxer?

i was thinking of tryin to switch macing for swords for a couple days, and uses axes without LJ... just to check it out. how's the dmg of axes without LJ compares to maces?

HYBRIDBob

Wanderer

godmathias;1488865 said:
i was thinking of tryin to switch macing for swords for a couple days, and uses axes without LJ... just to check it out. how's the dmg of axes without LJ compares to maces?

A normal hally hit can potentially hit harder than a normal war hammer (or whatever does the most damage)

Macing, only because of war hammers. There is no other weapon in the game that does as much (consistent) damage. In the field I find it essential to be able to rely on my weapon doing damage. Hallies are great but it gets a little old hitting someone for 2 hp.

Oh and Sloth, since when did you turn into a whiny little bitch? A uo pvper must learn to adapt or die.

top notch

Wanderer

i just made an alchy macer healing with magery.. 95 85 45.. and he fuckin pwns.. screw wasting a skill on lj..

THE REIGN

Wanderer

Ajax;1472846 said:
yeah i have fun on my alchy archer, although since it's not listed I would choose LJ

off topic...

i rofl everytime i look at your avatar pic ahahaah

jesot

Sorceror

I've never preferred macing over fencing or swords. Pre-special hits, ya, but the benefits from fencing and the versatility from swords is just too huge to bother with macing.

Fencing you get fast DP'd weapons and para strike. Swords you get fast DP'd weapons and huge damage conc blow from hally.

C

Cassiter

if i picked one i would go with macing unless i can have swords and LJ cause LJ swords and anatomy will pwn you to the ground

GradGT

Sorceror

you get a much bigger sense of accomplishment from learning how to play an alchy mage tbh

godmathias

Wanderer

i dont... alchy mages arent very hard to play, especially alchy stun... and i drop em like crazy on my alchy macer.

AbaddonIPY

Wanderer

In my opinion it depends all on the grade of weapon your using.
Ive got an alchy macer and he can destroy mages and well armored dexers with just a gm hammer, macing is great for dexer on dexer because even with leet armor eventually you will wear and tear those bastards down.

Fencing- you really need a decent weapon for this temp to be effective (above power) anything less and a well armored enemy will just laugh as you para blow and waste exp pot after exp pot.

Swords/LJ- ive been meaning to try this because of the shitload of swords weps that have been building up in my house and it sounds disgustingly powerful but i really havent compared swords vs swords lj

///im sad archery wasnt mentioned because it is for sure a fun temp to play all about timing your heavy crossbow hits with your explo pots even a gm heavy on 24 ar with an exp pot will do some devastating dmg

P.S I can understand where the rants against alchy dexers are coming from because even though i used to play my ALOT after seeing how brutally gay some of them can be i just had to take a break from them. Non stop exp pot tossing and a good chaser = your fuxxed hard you stop to heal get prepared to get smoked by that vanq hally.

rmp459

Wanderer

LJ makes swords look like ur swinging a twig around.. hallys suck compared to a nice double axe or something... but again u gotta spend the extra 100 skillpoints

GradGT

Sorceror

godmathias;1506794 said:
i dont... alchy mages arent very hard to play, especially alchy stun... and i drop em like crazy on my alchy macer.

are you serious? playing a skilled alchy mage is the highest achievement in UO pvp... it's the template which requires the most player skill and has the highest reward when mastered.