UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Bernie Sanders

...What exactly do you think politics is about?
statements/views that do not require facts to be considered valid. Which is what you blasted outkast for supposedly not doing, yet you can't prove his method as invalid or his statements untrue.

So you posed a red herring and straw manned yourself into a small debacle, trying to backtrack your ways.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
statements/views that do not require facts to be considered valid. Which is what you blasted outkast for supposedly not doing, yet you can't prove his method as invalid or his statements untrue.

So you posed a red herring and straw manned yourself into a small debacle, trying to backtrack your ways.
Politics is about competing ideas in government. If an idea has no factual foundation, it is immaterial. I wouldn't trust a random person's opinion on brain surgery practices any more than I trust Outkast's views on global warming (or anything else, for that matter), as he is clearly uneducated and wouldn't be able to provide supporting evidence for his claims. Uninformed opinions are as good as garbage and deserve no respect.

And where's the straw man, my plebeian friend? I didn't attempt to challenge his arguments, let alone create a faux version of them to defeat. Learn terms before using them.

Again, prove to me why in politics one must have ascertained actual statistical facts about a topic before they are able to speak about them, and why if they fail to do so their statements are proved invalid?

I have yet to see a politician, specifically the one the OP speaks of, to have any fact behind their voice.

Stoltz

Sorceror
Again, prove to me why in politics one must have ascertained actual statistical facts about a topic before they are able to speak about them, and why if they fail to do so their statements are proved invalid?

I have yet to see a politician, specifically the one the OP speaks of, to have any fact behind their voice.

l
o
l

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Again, prove to me why in politics one must have ascertained actual statistical facts about a topic before they are able to speak about them
It's more important for ideas in politics to be properly scrutinized, as they have direct consequences in the form of policy and law. Do you think that Outkast's ignorance on how money affects politics, for example, is of no harm? Outkast's personal influence may be minimal, but when an entire section of the population embraces and actively espouses bad ideas, we all suffer the results.
and why if they fail to do so their statements are proved invalid?
I didn't claim that failing to provide evidence proves a statement invalid. It does, however, render an argument unpersuasive. This is beside my initial point, though, which is that people like Outkast have not done the necessary research to justify being confident in their opinions. It's important to reign in confidence on matters that we're ignorant of lest we become another pawn pushing someone else's agenda.
This is nonsense, but even if it were true, it doesn't justify us mirroring such behavior.

Last edited:

Stoltz

Sorceror
It's more important for ideas in politics to be properly scrutinized, as they have direct consequences in the form of policy and law. Do you think that Outkast's ignorance on how money affects politics, for example, is of no harm? Outkast's personal influence may be minimal, but when an entire section of the population embraces and actively espouses bad ideas, we all suffer the results.

I didn't claim that failing to provide evidence proves a statement invalid. It does, however, render an argument unpersuasive. This is beside my initial point, though, which is that people like Outkast have not done the necessary research to justify being confident in their opinions. It's important to reign in confidence on matters that we're ignorant of lest we become another pawn pushing someone else's agenda.

This is nonsense, but even if it were true, it doesn't justify us mirroring such behavior.

Sir this is no place for knowledge. Let the idiots run amok and laugh at them.

Outkast KBR

Traveler
Outkast, does it really make sense for you to be so confident in your opinions? You obviously aren't a reader, which means you very likely lack the research skills necessary to create well-informed ideas. What makes you think your positions are correct if you can't fact-check, you can't/don't look into counterarguments, and you're having your ideas spoon-fed to you?

Bro I'm sorry, but your the one who has had idea's spoon fed to you. Your not worth the time for me to type my response in word, take it to a school and have someone proof read it as you do. Your not worth my time, you are here making an assumption of my level of education. I'm very educated, very smart, and very successful, my biggest fault is that I still play a game and talk on the forums to kids like yourself. I'm self employed consultant, I work for my money, I will retire myself, I will provide for my family myself. I don't need help or want help from Bernie Sanders idea's that everything should be free and your not responsible for your debts.

That being said, you have not yet to COUNTER 1 of the statements I made with any facts or counter arguments. So check yourself on how smart you are, I am correct on everything that I said.

FYI, get a job.

Outkast KBR

Traveler
Politics is about competing ideas in government. If an idea has no factual foundation, it is immaterial. I wouldn't trust a random person's opinion on brain surgery practices any more than I trust Outkast's views on global warming (or anything else, for that matter), as he is clearly uneducated and wouldn't be able to provide supporting evidence for his claims. Uninformed opinions are as good as garbage and deserve no respect.

And where's the straw man, my plebeian friend? I didn't attempt to challenge his arguments, let alone create a faux version of them to defeat. Learn terms before using them.

Please counter my global warming comments? Did I say global warming doesn't exist? No, are you to ignorant to know that the earth has been warming every since the beginning? But you are gullible enough to think that we matter, we don't. Again, you and all gore should change the world together, your doing a fine job in that basement.

Again, please post your rebuttal to my post earlier. You are just calling names because you are so desperate to be right on this forum.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Please counter my global warming comments? Did I say global warming doesn't exist? No, are you to ignorant to know that the earth has been warming every since the beginning? But you are gullible enough to think that we matter, we don't. Again, you and all gore should change the world together, your doing a fine job in that basement.
To say that we should do nothing in response to global warming because it's inevitable is akin to saying that we should disregard our health because we're going to die anyway. If there is something we can do to slow the process, then the only moral thing to do is take that action. The vast majority of climate scientists disagree with your claim that Man has no influence on climate change, so why is your random opinion more valid than scientific consensus?
I'm very educated
Come on, bud. If you were someone who reads, you wouldn't make the base-level spelling mistakes that you do with such consistency. You make these errors because you lack familiarity with the written word.

Last edited:
Anthropogenic warming is non existent. Thermal expansion is a process, not a reaction. The global climate cycles, regardless of human co2 emissions.

What's the worse that will happen if the average temperate raises 10 degrees and all ice melts? We lose some coastal areas and I no longer have to buy jackets? Sounds great.

Humans will survive any warming, and it's apparent that our moral obligations are not in line with protecting species of life, so why not drive diesel trucks?

MelodyTFA

Squire
isnt there a middle position on this subject that says pollution sucks but the earth has cycles and we been going from warming to cooling since the age of times?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Look, I have no interest in having this discussion with you. If you care about the issue of climate change (which I'm sure you don't beyond your desire for mindless solidarity), read the IPCC's findings on the matter and you'll quickly realize that the science is not on your side.

MelodyTFA

Squire
Look, I have no interest in having this discussion with you. If you care about the issue of climate change (which I'm sure you don't beyond your desire for mindless solidarity), read the IPCC's findings on the matter and you'll quickly realize that the science is not on your side.

I dont think you understood what I meant. WE ARE DESTROYING THE PLANET, We need to stop polluting, all gouverments. But that dosnt mean there isnt cycles. If you look at the long term evolution of the planet there has been many changes and it is proven. That dosnt mean we shouldnt ACT, we need to do our part but I think people using the FACT of climate change vs people using the FACT of cycles is absurbe, just because one is true dosnt mean the other is false, they are BOTH true and affecting our climate i think that is the probleme we need to understand BOTH

Vizeroth

Sorceror
You just like to tote your mouth toward other users to pick a fight, but when you are asked to prove something you cower away? Sounds exactly like the mindset of a alchy dexxer.
I have no interest because you're human garbage and nothing can be gained from the interaction. But by all means, paint a fanciful illusion of victory in your mind if you like. Perhaps Mickey can give you some pointers on how to go about it.