UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Archery Tamer (doom)

Geaux

Sorceror
no damage increase from items doesnt count towards that cap.

Base(100%) + slayer(100%) + max perfection(100%) would cap you, EOO is still nice because you would start hitting cap damage earlier. If your spamming double strike or armor ignore you can make up that -10% which is factored in on the 300% damage cap.
Is this true I'm confused. As he states there is a 300% cap which can be gained by slayer 100, base 100 (what is base), and bushido 100 (10 stacks).

So if I do those things I don't need any di on my wpn, jewels, or armor? Do I still need consecrate wpn or eoo?

your "dispay" damage is the damage you see on ur status bar. That damage consists of the weapons base damage multiplied by the tactics, anatomy,str and damage increase from items bonus.

The 3x cap consists of the total "display" damage(100%), slayer(100%), max perfection(100%), enemy of one(50%). Crushing blow, focus attack, ki attack, double strike, armor ignore are all included in this cap too. So you can reach the 100% cap in a few different ways.

Geaux

Sorceror
So im looking at
100 Di Gear (80 gear, 20 divine fury)
68.75 tactics (100 tactics)
55 Anatomy (100 anatomy)
30 Str (100 Str)
253.75 Total (so this is what the 300 cap is on, i cant raise it unless i raise str or my skills at this point)
+
100 archanid slayer Bow
50 enemy of one
100 Bushido ( or is it in the 300 cap at top?)
I guess thats it. Is there any other way i can imporve besides raising str or skills?

http://www.uoguide.com/Damage_Calculations

DamaGeR

Sorceror
Geaux

Damage increase from tactics, anatatomy, str, and items dont count towards that 300% cap.

Things that count towards it are Enemy of One(50%), Slayers(100%), honor(up to 100%) and certain special moves/spells(ninja,bushido). Your base is 100% so to cap damage your looking to fill in the other 200%.

Geaux

Sorceror
Assuming that the above post is right. What quiver should I use or does that matter. Im not sure how it works with the damage types.

Geaux

Sorceror
I think we are getting damage increast 3oo% Cap, mixed up and confused with the Damage modifier 300% cap, or is it total 300% between di and damage modifier. On the website it says Di is capped at 300 and dm is capped at 300.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
I think we are getting damage increast 3oo% Cap, mixed up and confused with the Damage modifier 300% cap, or is it total 300% between di and damage modifier. On the website it says Di is capped at 300 and dm is capped at 300.

Sorry. Replying to a month old post may be kind of null, but it is helpful for people trying to figure out the game mechanics.

- Just to clarify, there are TWO 300% Caps.

DAMAGE INCREASE CAP
- This takes into calculation your skills, your strength, and the damage increase from items.

(TAKEN FROM UOGUIDE)
  • Tactics Damage Bonus (Percentage)
    • For Tactics Skill Levels < 100.0
      • Tactics Damage Bonus = Skill Level/1.6
    • For Tactics Skill Levels >= 100.0
      • Tactics Damage Bonus = Skill Level/1.6 + 6.25
  • Anatomy Damage Bonus (Percentage)
    • For Anatomy Skill Levels < 100.0
      • Anatomy Damage Bonus = Skill Level / 2
    • For Anatomy Skill Levels >= 100.0
      • Anatomy Damage Bonus = ( Skill Level / 2 ) + 5
  • Lumberjacking Damage Bonus (Percentage)
    • For Lumberjacking Skill Levels < 100.0
      • Skill Level/5
    • For Lumberjacking Skill Levels = 100.0
      • (Skill Level/5) + 10
    • 100 Lumberjacking Bonus is +30% Damage Bonus
  • Strength Damage Bonus (Percentage)
    • For Strength < 100
      • Strength * 0.3
    • For Strength >= 100
      • (Strength * 0.3) + 5
100 Strength is 30% bonus. 125 Strength is 42.5% bonus 150 Strength is 50% bonus.​
  • Total Damage Bonus (Percentage )
    • Tactics Damage Bonus + Anatomy Damage Bonus + Lumberjacking Damage Bonus + Strength Damage Bonus + SUM(Damage Increase Items)

Final Damage = Base Damage + (Base Damage * Final Damage Bonus)

• The Final Damage value drops any fractions at this step.
Example
Assume the following statistics

• Tactics: 120.0
  • Anatomy: 120.0
  • Lumberjack:0.0
  • Strength: 125
  • Damage Increase (Items): 100%

Tactics Damage Bonus = (120 / 1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25%

Anatomy Damage Bonus = (120 / 2) + 5 = 65%

Lumberjacking Damage Bonus = 0/5 = 0

Strength Damage Bonus = (125 * 0.3) + 5 = 42.5%

Damage Increase from Items = 100%

Total Damage Bonus = 81.25 + 65 + 0 + 42.5 + 100 = 288.75%

Now, final damage using a weapon with a base damage of 5 - 10 can be calculated as follows:

• Min Final Base Damage = 5 + (5 * 2.8875) = 19
  • Max Final Base Damage = 10 + (10 * 2.8875) = 38

This means the base damage range for these specified values is 19 - 38.

DAMAGE MODIFIER CAP
- This takes into calculation your spells, slayer properties, and the targets resists. THIS IS CAPPED AT 300%.

You take the base damage range and multiply it VIA how much the spell/slayer gives. For example, if your base damage range is 19 - 38 and you are using a super slayer, your base damage range will double, giving a new base damage range of 38 - 76. A lesser slayer will give a new base damage range of 57 - 114.

Furthermore, if you are fighting a monster with 30% Physical resist and your sword has 100% Physical damage, simply subtract the resist from the damage to obtain the multiplier. In this case, .70. Multiply .70 by the base damage range to obtain the new base damage range that you will be hitting for.

I hope this clarifies everyone's confusion.

Total Damage Increase is capped at 300% ( "weapons and jewelery" + abilities, spells, buffs )
http://www.uoguide.com/Damage_Increase

Five on Friday - June 1, 2007

Damage Increase and You
"For PVP and PVM: If I have gm tactics, gm anatomy, and 125 str how much DI percentage do I have w/o items?"

Stratics has the correct results for these calculations.
+68.75% for GM Tactics
+55% for GM Anatomy
+42.5% for 125 Strength
"People are saying there is a 300% DI cap for PVM, is this true? "
Yes, this is true, Damage Increase is capped at 300% (or a 300 internal damage rating). However, anatomy, tactics, strength, and lumberjacking are NOT included in that cap.
"If I have 300% DI and I cast Enemy of One will I even do more damage?"

* I think this is about Damage Mod Cap*
If you already 300% Damage Increase from special moves and profession abilities, then the answer is no, Enemy of One will not increase your damage further.
Note: that a slayer weapon is double damage (a 200 damage rating). Enemy of One has a rating of 100. The combination of those two alone would reach our cap of 300.
"Are slayer weapons included in the PVM cap for DI?"
Yes.
--

http://www.uoguide.com/Five_on_Friday_-_June_1,_2007

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought

Damage Increase Cap was = Skills/Stat + Items/Weapons DI (up too 100%)+ Abilities (Divine Fury)
Damage Modifier/Multiplier Cap was =
  • Honor​
  • Perfection​
  • Concecrate Weapon​
  • Enemy of One​
  • Slayers/Talisman Killers​
  • Quiver Damage Bonus
    Also​
  • Grapes of Wrath

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Total Damage Increase is capped at 300% ( "weapons and jewelery" + abilities, spells, buffs )
http://www.uoguide.com/Damage_Increase

Five on Friday - June 1, 2007

Damage Increase and You
"For PVP and PVM: If I have gm tactics, gm anatomy, and 125 str how much DI percentage do I have w/o items?"

Stratics has the correct results for these calculations.
+68.75% for GM Tactics
+55% for GM Anatomy
+42.5% for 125 Strength
"People are saying there is a 300% DI cap for PVM, is this true? "
Yes, this is true, Damage Increase is capped at 300% (or a 300 internal damage rating). However, anatomy, tactics, strength, and lumberjacking are NOT included in that cap.
"If I have 300% DI and I cast Enemy of One will I even do more damage?"

* I think this is about Damage Mod Cap*
If you already 300% Damage Increase from special moves and profession abilities, then the answer is no, Enemy of One will not increase your damage further.
Note: that a slayer weapon is double damage (a 200 damage rating). Enemy of One has a rating of 100. The combination of those two alone would reach our cap of 300.
"Are slayer weapons included in the PVM cap for DI?"
Yes.
--

http://www.uoguide.com/Five_on_Friday_-_June_1,_2007

Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought

Damage Increase Cap was = Skills/Stat + Items/Weapons DI (up too 100%)+ Abilities (Divine Fury)
Damage Modifier/Multiplier Cap was =
  • Honor​
  • Perfection​
  • Concecrate Weapon​
  • Enemy of One​
  • Slayers/Talisman Killers​
  • Quiver Damage Bonus
    Also​
  • Grapes of Wrath
Oh I missed that. So I guess we get to do EVEN MORE DAMAGE. Works for me.

Americana

Sorceror
When will lesser slayers do 200% DI? Right now a scorpion slayer does the same damage as an arachnid slayer.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
When will lesser slayers do 200% DI? Right now a scorpion slayer does the same damage as an arachnid slayer.
Lesser slayers do 150% while super slayers do 100%. The damage may not be considerably different unless you have very HIGH DPS, in which it can be noticeable.

Bama

Bug Huntress
Lesser slayers do 150% while super slayers do 100%. The damage may not be considerably different unless you have very HIGH DPS, in which it can be noticeable.
It should be 200% (lesser) and 100% (super)....from what I can tell, they are both 100%.

http://www.uoguide.com/Slayer

Until the Stygian Abyss expansion, all Slayers did double damage to applicable monsters. However, following that expansion, Lesser Slayers do triple damage, and Super Slayers still do double damage. The manufacturers stated explicitly that this was intended to increase the value of the Lesser Slayers, which were increasingly looked down upon by players (with a few notable exceptions, such as Scorpion Slayer, Spider Slayer, and Dragon Slayer, all of which had particular uses).

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
The switch to lesser slayers doing %300 instead of %200 happened in a publish on/after Stygian Abyss (Pub 59) and will not be added to the shard. All updates are supposed to stop at pub 59 (as far as I know) so this will probably not be implemented.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
http://www.uoguide.com/Slayer

Until the Stygian Abyss expansion, all Slayers did double damage to applicable monsters. However, following that expansion, Lesser Slayers do triple damage, and Super Slayers still do double damage. The manufacturers stated explicitly that this was intended to increase the value of the Lesser Slayers, which were increasingly looked down upon by players (with a few notable exceptions, such as Scorpion Slayer, Spider Slayer, and Dragon Slayer, all of which had particular uses).
Thanks for the info, Bama!