UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

android

Davey_Havok

Sorceror
Re: android

All I have to do to prove my Droid is superior is flash my rom, take my battery out, and remove my sd card. Let's see you do that without voiding your warranty. 16 gig ftw, and my 16 gig HTC Eris cost me 2/3 less for two of them compared to the price of one 16 gig iphone. It's an overpriced, restricted, nazi controlled piece of shit.. There's a reason Droid sales have surpassed iPhone sales, more people are opening their eyes and are no longer blinded by the hipster iPhone. But hey, to each their own.. I make my purchases based on performance, not the name.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

Oh and Verizon runs circles around at&t.. I'll never go back. I also enjoy my unlimited data, unless you're grandfathered in with an existing plan, you now have to pay for limited usage with at&t.

woodycook

Knight

Why do people keep bringing up the service on which the phone is on. It doesn't matter, its all about location. I had Verizon and it was the worst piece of shit in the toilet. Over 6 months I was probably able to make less than 10 successful calls on it.

And to reply to Stuff-Stuff, you clearly don't know much about the iPhone because iPhones do have an amazing bright LED flash and a superior camera. I don't believe any cellular has beat iPhone in battery quality and I know for a fact that iPhone has the best resolution available.

If your phone gets stole can you track it ? I can.

View attachment 29718
View attachment 29719

And yes, Once again, I will say that the Galaxy is an iphone knockoff but its quality looks like one of those toy cell phones.

Attachments

• galaxy-front-270x437.jpg
    galaxy-front-270x437.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 19
  • iphone4-thumb-640xauto-14425.jpg
    iphone4-thumb-640xauto-14425.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 19

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

Aren't you wondering why you're the only person here defending the Iphone? It's because you are backing a loser. Concede aleady.

I'd also like you to explain how your 5mp camera's really better than my 8mp camera? Does your Iphone also double as a widescreen camera? My Droid X does (widescreen is 6mp, not 8mp), and it has a 720P camcorder! I forgot that Apple added a flash to the camera this time around, version 4.

If we have to go down the list of things your overrated phone can't do, I'm going to have to get off the couch move and to the pc. It's a pretty long list. Davey Havok pegged the short list. Those are the deal breakers.

To answer your question, yes I can track my phone. I can also set it to take pictures and send them in an email to me.

woodycook

Knight

Stuff-Stuff;776140 said:
Aren't you wondering why you're the only person here defending the Iphone? It's because you are backing a loser. Concede aleady.

A lot of people can't afford iphone, and try to diss it using outdated facts. Should I compare the iPhone 4 to the first android? I don't think that would be very fair.

Everything you mention the iPhone has... including the HD recording.
the iPhone camera can also focus, zoom, geotagging, scan barcodes and find the cheapest price online, take a picture of a check and deposit it into your bank account.

You can print from an iPhone.

Texting is FREE

Photoshop

Number of apps for iPhone? 250,000. Android? just 38,000.

Sure your phone gets flash, but flash is a dying product. The iPhone 4 supports HTML 5, which is the future of flash.

The android has multiple OS'es, not a single OS making it a clusterfuck for developers and consumers alike.

hows that irritating proprietary headphone plug working out for you? Did they change that yet?

I don't really have to defend the iPhone.. you're on the internet so do research.

silvertiger

Knight

Well he does have one good point: it is sexier! I myself want one of the old slide and touch phone with the keyboard pad. Buddy had one and it was pretty sweet. Messed around with the blackberry storm am not very impressed. Haven't messed around with iphone yet, but some how i think verizon will be better.

woodycook

Knight

View attachment 29722
View attachment 29723

Someone designed an amazing concept of a slider iphone. I don't actually like sliders or physical buttons because it allows a whole new host of problems to occur with your phone. Unibody phones are a lot more resilient to being dropped and water damage.

Check out this video (its only 48 seconds) that shows an older version of the iphone VS a pool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qbWjaW25mQ

Attachments

• iPhone_sliding_concept_1.jpg
    iPhone_sliding_concept_1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 17
  • iPhone_sliding_concept_2.jpg
    iPhone_sliding_concept_2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 17

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

Okay, George Bush, are you purposely lying to support your argument or do you still use fuzzy math? Hold on while I drag my ass to the computer.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

If you try to purchase the Droid X without a contract, it is $599.00! IT IS NOT a matter of not being able to afford the IPhone, IT IS a matter of buying what you think is better:

Don't believe me?

http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=35981_f55132168c7c4ebfaceee7c64d938b1a

This is a short List of what most people consider the Major items:

Function
Camera MP
IPhone 4 -- 5.0
Droid X --- 8.0/6.0 for Widescreen

Camera Flash
IPhone 4 -- LED Flash
Droid X --- Dual LED Flash

Keyboard
IPhone 4 -- Touchscreen
Droid X --- Touchscreen w/SWYPE

Storage
IPhone 4 -- 16gb/32gb
Droid X --- 8GB on board, with 16GB microSD included

Display
IPhone 4 -- 3.5"
Droid X --- 4.3"

HDMI Out
IPhone 4 -- No
Droid X --- Yes

Noise Cancelling
IPhone 4 -- Yes, 2 microphones
Droid X --- Yes, 3 microphones

Included Battery Talk Time
IPhone 4 -- 7 Hours
Droid X --- 8 Hours

Flash Support
IPhone 4 -- No
Droid X --- Yes

WIFI Hotspot
IPhone 4 -- No
Droid X --- Yes

App Store as of July
IPhone 4 -- 225,000 apps
Droid X --- 70,000 apps

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/15/android-market-now-has-100-000-apps-passes-1-billion-download-m/

No clue which outdated thread you got 38k apps from...

You have to remember that the IPhone's been out much longer than the Android OS, so yes there is a larger pool of older apps to choose from.

I'll add more if you're still not convinced.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

woodycook;776157 said:
A lot of people can't afford iphone, and try to diss it using outdated facts. Should I compare the iPhone 4 to the first android? I don't think that would be very fair.

Everything you mention the iPhone has... including the HD recording.
the iPhone camera can also focus, zoom, geotagging, scan barcodes and find the cheapest price online, take a picture of a check and deposit it into your bank account.

You can print from an iPhone.

Texting is FREE

Photoshop

Number of apps for iPhone? 250,000. Android? just 38,000.

Sure your phone gets flash, but flash is a dying product. The iPhone 4 supports HTML 5, which is the future of flash.

The android has multiple OS'es, not a single OS making it a clusterfuck for developers and consumers alike.

One issue at a time, here we go.

I know I can certainly afford an iPhone and I'm sure the vast majority of Droid owners can as well. Does that mean we want to overpay for something crammed full of hype and enjoy paying out the ass for the Apple name brand? Nooooooo... Overpriced. Plain and simple.

HTC phones focus and zoom as well. My phone is 2 modles behind the newest HTC phone and it also has a 5 mp camera. Droid Landscapes allows you to geotag as well, and it most certainly has an app for a barcode scanner which works wonderfully might I add.

I haven't printed from my phone but I'm almost certain it can be done. How about this though, you can remove your Droid SD card at walmart or wherever and have your photos printed from your SD card.. pretty sure you still can't remove your HD...

What do I need Photoshop on my phone for? Useless. And wtf do I need Skype for? Droids support video chat. Who cares how many apps the iPhone has... more doesn't always mean better, I'm yet to fail at finding an app I needed on the Droid marketplace.

As for the flash vs. HTML debate I think your statement is biased. IMO you are ass backwards. Apple is trying to reinvent the wheel with HTML 5, flash has already proven itself and is only getting better. Apple refuses to support flash because Mac users cry about it being a CPU hog but the fact of the matter is that flash is only a CPU hog when it lacks hardware acceleration support which Apple also refuses to support.

woodycook

Knight

Davey_Havok;776194 said:
One issue at a time, here we go.
What do I need Photoshop on my phone for? Useless. And wtf do I need Skype for? Droids support video chat. Who cares how many apps the iPhone has... more doesn't always mean better, I'm yet to fail finding an app I needed on the Droid marketplace.

Using that kind of comment you made about the photoshop..., I could say the same things such as 3 microphones... I only need 2. Or why SD card? I never use an SD card so why would I want it. In all honesty though, I can just stream whatever I would like from my phone instead of pulling out a card. Just provides another hole for dust and shit to get stuck in. (as does a physical keyboard)

the 70,000 apps you talk about aren't real. around 30-40k of them are unofficial untested apps that some company is trying to get google to accept. No clue if they have or haven't. When Apple accepts applications they go through a rigorous test to see if there is anything that could possibly slow down the iphone or damage it in any way.

I also think its pretty cool that you can make your own applications and sell them in the app store.

When I needed a new phone my choice was pretty much already made. One of the key features of my iphone is the fact that all my geek gadgets sync up without the hassle of a PC. (I'm not biased, I use both. I'm using both as we speak) I enter a date on my phone and it automatically transfers over to my mac where I will get a warning when the time comes. I can enter someones phone number on my mac and then later call that number from my phone.
I can take pictures/video from my phone and then sit down at my mac and open a folder that contains them all.

It's just really convenient.

Another neat feature I enjoy uses the built in camera in my mac. I have it set to where if I am not home and the mac's camera notices any movement then my phone gets an alarm and I can either have it take an image or just show me a live feed of my house. :D

woodycook

Knight

Does your phone come with a full feature GPS? (I honestly don't know)

Forgot to add that I can control my houses lights and my home sound system from my phone.

You *can* also have a remote starter installed on your car that you control from your iphone but its too much of a hassle.

I also get 100% unlimited data. If I want to upload 400 gigs of video to youtube a month then I can. I don't believe any other carrier/phones do that.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

woodycook;776207 said:
Does your phone come with a full feature GPS? (I honestly don't know)

Yes, I use turn by turn voice navigation. It also has a bread crumb app called 'My Tracks' that will lead you back to your car in a mall parking lot, hiking, or whatever. I use my GPS with Google Earth. Pretty fucking sweet tbh.

Let's see how many movies your phone can hold without an SD card.

Davey_Havok;776194 said:
HTC phones focus and zoom as well. Droid Landscapes allows you to geotag as well, and it most certainly has an app for a barcode scanner which works wonderfully might I add.

I haven't printed from my phone but I'm almost certain it can be done. How about this though, you can remove your Droid SD card at walmart or wherever and have your photos printed from your SD card.. pretty sure you still can't remove your HD...

What do I need Photoshop on my phone for? Useless. And wtf do I need Skype for? Droids support video chat. Who cares how many apps the iPhone has... more doesn't always mean better, I'm yet to fail at finding an app I needed on the Droid marketplace.

As for the flash vs. HTML debate I think your statement is biased. IMO you are ass backwards. Apple is trying to reinvent the wheel with HTML 5, flash has already proven itself and is only getting better. Apple refuses to support flash because Mac users cry about it being a CPU hog but the fact of the matter is that flash is only a CPU hog when it lacks hardware acceleration support which Apple also refuses to support.

I didn't want to address everything as it would take all day.

Barcode Scanner, yes.

Bluetooth Printing, yes.

Zoom/Focus, yes.

Photoshop, yes (it's in the Android App store - Free).

Skype, yes.

House lights, DVR Remote, etc.., Yes.

Unlimited data, yes.

Did I mention MOBILE HOTSPOT?

give it up dude

woodycook

Knight

Stuff-Stuff;776210 said:
Let's see how many movies your phone can hold without an SD card.

Your SD card argument is lame.

My phone comes with a 32gb on board HD and if thats not enough I could just stream movies or music from my 250GB external HD, my PC, or my mac.

Your phone comes with what? 8 GBs? WITH a card an additional 16? 24 GBs total? Still lacking.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

woodycook;776214 said:
Your SD card argument is lame.

My phone comes with a 32gb on board HD and if thats not enough I could just stream movies or music from my 250GB external HD, my PC, or my mac.

Your phone comes with what? 8 GBs? WITH a card an additional 16? 24 GBs total? Still lacking.

You bought a shit phone, admit it.

If I use all 24 GB, I just change out the Micro SD card for one of the other 4 16gb cards filled with movies that I keep in the phone's leather case.

You're really stretching to say that a 32 GB on board (even though you said yesterday that you had the 16GB version) drive, is better than EXPANDABLE (or unlimited) space. What a joke.

woodycook

Knight

Stuff-Stuff;776225 said:
You bought a shit phone, admit it.

If I use all 24 GB, I just change out the Micro SD card for one of the other 4 16gb cards filled with movies that I keep in the phone's leather case.

That sounds like a pain in the ass. It does not sound convenient at all. Why the hell would I want to spend a bunch of money on cards and carry around a leather pouch to put them in.

Stuff-Stuff;776225 said:
You're really stretching to say that a 32 GB on board (even though you said yesterday that you had the 16GB version) drive, is better than EXPANDABLE (or unlimited) space. What a joke.

No. I did not. I have a 32GB so why would I bother saying I had 16. They come in 16 and 32. Like I said, the card idea is a pain in the ass.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

Oh, did you say something Woody?

This is why you fail

Storage
Winner: Droid X

The iPhone 4 does not come in a 64GB version, like the iPod touch, but only in 16GB and 32GB models like the previous 3GS generation. The Droid X however, comes with 8GB of storage built-in, as well as with a 16GB microSD card included.

Because the Droid X supports microSD cards up to 32GB, you can extend its storage up to 40GB. The iPhone 4 does not have extendable storage.

Yes, you...

Attachments

• awkward.jpg
    awkward.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 10