UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

android

Stuff-Stuff

Knight
android

Android (linux) is fast becoming a powerhouse in the OS market, and as Android GUI tablets become more popular, are there any plans by the RUNUO dev team to port UO for it? I know that even my phone's powerful enough to run it. When I first started playing UO on OSI I was using a Pentium 133mhz with 16MB of RAM on Windows 95, and my phone outperforms that by miles. I use a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, and figured that it would run on Android IF it could be coded. Anyone know if it's even possible?

woodycook

Knight
Re: android

RUNUO won't work on it, (Demise still doesn't even have all of age of shadows) but you could possibly find some other people that are interested and make it yourself.

Killer Rabbit

Sorceror

Are you talking a client or a server? I don't believe the runUO team makes a client.

If it is a server, I believe android is based off of linux, and with mono, you could probably compile a server and run it from there. Not entirely sure why you would want to run a server on your phone though.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

Killer Rabbit;775043 said:
Are you talking a client or a server? I don't believe the runUO team makes a client.

If it is a server, I believe android is based off of linux, and with mono, you could probably compile a server and run it from there. Not entirely sure why you would want to run a server on your phone though.

I'm talking about playing it on my phone, or on an Android tablet through razor. I'm pretty sure that I can UO installed on here, but logging into Demise is something that I'm not sure of.

woodycook

Knight

Razor requires Microsoft's .net framework 2.0 which is usually the main problem in getting UO to run off of devices.

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

I don't quite remember where/when I saw it but people have run it on their phones although it wasn't Android os. Maybe a windows smart phone.. I believe Lady Siren used to play on a Nokia sometimes. Uo would be cool on my droid, I could bank sit while I'm at work.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

You can tether your droid to your laptop, or PC. I've done that before. If you have Android 2.2, it should be a built in feature. I don't have 2.2 (froyo) yet, so i use 'easy tether' which let's you use your phones usb cable to set your phone as a 3G modem. It works well and is pretty cheap. You can try it out for free for a while too so you can check it out. You can also set up a Remote Desktop session with your home computer and can probably even play UO through that. I havent tried UO on it yet, and there's also no sound (so you can watch hulu, but not hear it). There's a beta version that you can use (free) called 'DLNA'. Search for that in the app store if you want to set it up..., BTW, I lol@ you iphone users ...hahahaha

Put that in your Venti cup and smoke it. √°√

Davey_Havok

Sorceror

Stuff-Stuff;775127 said:
BTW, I lol@ you iphone users ...hahahaha

Put that in your Venti cup and smoke it. √°√

www.gadgetsdna.com/apple-files-for-...able-jailbroken-iphones-ipad-ipod-touch/5641/

LOL l And apparently they're not allowed to do whatever they want with their precious phones.

woodycook

Knight

The iPhone is the most powerful smartphone, and it can do everything a droid can do and more. Sorry but its the truth.

I've attended a housefall from my fucking bed while you droidies are still here trying to figure it out.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

woodycook;775416 said:
The iPhone is the most powerful smartphone, and it can do everything a droid can do and more. Sorry but its the truth.

I've attended a housefall from my fucking bed while you droidies are still here trying to figure it out.
whoopdeedoo for you Apple fanboy.

Why so mad in your response? I'd bet $ that it's because your Jesus phone dropped a connection before the house fell.

In N.America? It's a fact that you're on ATT, and your phone drops calls like crazy. If you say it doesn't, then it's also a fact that you lie.

I did just get this phone, so yes I am now just figuring it out. I've now tested it and you can play UO from your Droid when using RDP and an application like" DLNA".

I would like to hear how you used your IPhone to do it tho. I smell bullshit. I know you weren't playing UO on your phone directly, you weren't using RDP to an Apple to play, and I'm looking now to see if the Ipawn can even RDP to a windows box. As of right now, with your angry response, I don't believe you. I can also do all of these things without voiding my warranty, and the ONLY thing that the droid can't do that the newest IPhone can is the video chat thing.

Got tether, got flash, got HD 8MP camera, 720p HD Camcorder, etc...

You now also have to worry about big brother if you've jailbroken your iphone. Have fun with that. WTG Apple sue your customers.

Although you're not going to like it, but you're no longer the coolest kid in class by having that iphone.

The Droid X as of right now is the best phone money can buy. Next year it may be Apple again, but right now it is not.

Before you reply again calling us idiots, and dropping f bombs, do your research....

The Iphone's been the best for a while. Did you really think that it would never be out done? You can't be that naive.

woodycook

Knight

Stuff-Stuff;775539 said:

I've had plenty of time to see what the droid is about and it's simply not very good to me.

Research?

If you're into poor battery performance, blocky design, and weight then sure go for it. Not to mention the resolution is below that of iPhones.

BTW, I've never dropped a call. In fact, I have 5 bars all the time. I'm located in Indiana.

woodycook

Knight

And to clarify; I run my PC (running UO) from my iPhone 4. What kind of dumbass would want to dump over a gig onto their phone if they didn't have to.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

woodycook;775543 said:
BTW, I've never dropped a call. In fact, I have 5 bars all the time. I'm located in Indiana.
LIAR! jk, but I don't believe you ;)

consider yourself lucky....

I live near DC and would have to forward my 'on call' work phone calls to my personal blackberry (Verizon) from my company supplied smart phones (ATT). I had 3 ATT phones with no luck. First was a treo, then a pocket pc, then a blackberry curve. NONE of the phones would ring inside my house. If I called from inside my house I had to stand near a window, or the call would drop.

A buddy of mine lives in DC and just about every turn he makes when driving home he drops the call. ATT's coverage is really bad here near Washington D.C., and on the West Coast I hear.

I always buy extended batteries for my phones, but people that don't can just download something called Task Killer which will kill applications running in the background. I use an app called System Panel which gives metrics on which apps use how much CPU/Memory and for how long. It gives pie charts and graphs of what applications are resource intensive.

The video resolution on an IPhone (or the new Samsung Android phone) may be higher, but I couldn't tell when I did a side by side comparison. That blocky frame TO ME is a fair trade off to have a screen size that matches my UMPC Sony Vaio UX390.

http://www.icube.us/product_detail.cfm/product/Sony_UX490_UX380_UX390/model/VGN-UX.cfm

woodycook

Knight

Yeah, It's true that AT&T's network is bogged down in some places but Indiana is fine.

If I lived elsewhere where AT&T is as bad as I hear I would probably just jailbreak my phone and run a different network on it. Actually I guess if you buy your iPhone from UK apple site then it's factory unlocked.

psz

Administrator

My Galaxy S says your iPhone 4 has less screen, RAM, storage, processor and compatability across networks... Every time.

And costs less ;->

As for Mobile UO:

Someone DID manage to get UO working on Android, but it was basically a "shell" account onto a regular system.

It was VERY slow, and VERY limited.

Also, in Japan, a UO client was (apparently) released on some mobile carriers. Good luck with that.

Yes, an Android running 1Ghz can run PSX games at 100% speed, but nobody has (so far) ported a proper, actual UO CLIENT to Android/iOS/WinMo/Etc.

Stuff-Stuff

Knight

woodycook;775545 said:
And to clarify; I run my PC (running UO) from my iPhone 4. What kind of dumbass would want to dump over a gig onto their phone if they didn't have to.
didn't even see this before, but if you had a droid you get to use memory cards and change batteries. It even came with a 16gb sd card. Apple will nickel and dime you for peripherals, or cards (if they gave you a slot to use one). Apple wants you to buy the latest newest version, or be forced to go to them for repairs, upgrades,etc.

They have a Packard Bell, or Compaq business model when it comes to hardware. You just need to get past the hype to see it for what it is.

Also, yes we get it, every touchscreen phone is an Iphone knock-off. That's what people want, right? Take the good(touch screen, apps, pinch zoom), and trash the bad (no interchangable battery, no sd card, no flash, poor camera/camera flash, customer control- this new big brother software that rats you out for jailbreaking YOUR phone is complete shit, sucks to be you.

Apple knows that the masses are too lazy to compare phone functionalities, not technical enough to know better, or buy into this 'iphone clone' mentality where everything else is tryin to be like the IPhone so it must be the best.

Then there are those that don't mind going against the grain, and buy what they think is the best, not what someone else told them was the best.