UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Alchy/Scribe/Mage

Winged

Wanderer
Re: Alchy/Scribe/Mage

And this is why i'm finishing up my alchemist. I will test them both when i get good at pvp (need guild = need time) and then i will test duels, field, 1vs1. Wont test 2vs1 or other because too many variables. I also wanna my scribe vs an alchemist and the alchemist vs a scribe. Right now i have alchemy gm, magery gm, resist 90 and training and then wrestling will follow. anatomy and eval are macros (unattended). I'll get back to you when i'm done testing. I'll prolly make a new thread somethin along the lines of "inscription sucks" which is true at least here. :S

Winged

Wanderer

Smaklo;1588626 said:
lol

(Pictures inscribe bonus.... explo eb = approx 86 dmg and explo pot + approx 30.. OWNAGE hahaha)

They could test it out until everyone is happy. There's no good reason i see, inscription should be so nerfed. You can even buy runebooks in vendors ffs! For sake of diversity (and for sake of me having 2 useful characters instead of one) boost inscription a little bit. Not 86 damage but something that people can notice. Or make it so scribes are not 6x mages after refect is down.

yem

Knight

well a scribe can also make 7th/8th circle scrolls so you never fizzle eq/ms
so its at least useful to have a scribe

Voodoofloods

Wanderer

ok well, if im doing this scribe/mage with wrestlin, is this considered a pure mage and should have 100/25/100 or what would the best stat set be?

yem

Knight

Voodoofloods;1588818 said:
ok well, if im doing this scribe/mage with wrestlin, is this considered a pure mage and should have 100/25/100 or what would the best stat set be?

never have 100/25/100 on any character

go with like 90/40/95 or something of the sort

yem

Knight

Winged;1588853 said:
100 INTEL is important.

not really, 95 is fine
you have to close the gap between your highest and lowest stat in order to make mind blast less effective

Winged

Wanderer

100 intel is important cuz of meditation. and that last magic arrow which will decide a fight. Besides, in a duel if your opponent notices you have less mana you are sure to lose as he will wait for your dump.

Winged

Wanderer

Anyway, anyone who has tested both builds (both pure scribe and pure alchy) tell us your experiences. Thx.

yem

Knight

Winged;1589098 said:
Until you meet a dexxer

well considering scribe helps out with reactive armor not really.

Winged;1589063 said:
100 intel is important cuz of meditation. and that last magic arrow which will decide a fight. Besides, in a duel if your opponent notices you have less mana you are sure to lose as he will wait for your dump.

you are sure to lose if you dump all your mana no matter how much you have..

Smaklo

Wanderer

1) there isnt a diff between 94int to 100 int in fights... you never waste all your mana in a fight... I have never burned the whole pool of mana ever since I started on osi

2) 100 int means mind blast will rip you.. especially if they jack your int and then lower your dex and str... which I do sometimes to hit that 45dmg mb mark.

3)It depends on who you fight... there are slight bonuses and pitfalls between classes but most end up being "are you willing to burn more resources then you will gain if you do win the fight"

Winged

Wanderer

yem;1589113 said:
well considering scribe helps out with reactive armor not really.

you are sure to lose if you dump all your mana no matter how much you have..

I'm sorry but stunners are mages too. And if you have reactive armor on you can't have reflect on leaving you very vunerable to a stunner. Dexxer can be a lil bit upset by RA but will still own a scribe i think. Any fast way btw to take off RA or RM and turn them around? protection also wont go with either of those two so...

yem

Knight

Winged;1589779 said:
I'm sorry but stunners are mages too. And if you have reactive armor on you can't have reflect on leaving you very vunerable to a stunner. Dexxer can be a lil bit upset by RA but will still own a scribe i think. Any fast way btw to take off RA or RM and turn them around? protection also wont go with either of those two so...

so never make the character if you think they're horrible
simply because you don't understand them doesn't mean you should give this guy advice saying they're worthless