UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Alchy/Scribe/Mage

Voodoofloods

Wanderer
Alchy/Scribe/Mage

I just started an alchy/scribe/mage, my 7 skills are alchy,scribe,mage,resist,med,anat,eval. Is this a good skill set and if so, what order should I train the harder skills

Smaklo

Wanderer
Re: Alchy/Scribe/Mage

I think people would agree with resist, alchy scribe then magery.

And of course the next question is "Is this a solo or group char" .. etc etc
In the end theyll say depends how youre going to play the char.

Every strat is good depending on how you play it..
Me personally.. I woulda dropped your alchy and picked up stun and thrown G explo pots anyways.

Smaklo

Wanderer

Or you can sit at a reasonablly lower scribe (like 50 I dunno someone will do the math to get u 2 6th circle reflects) dropped alchy to 50 and raised wrestling to gm...

that way you get a strong offence and strong defence. but thats just me.

Winged

Wanderer

I have a scribe mage and let me tell you, you need some skill but they have huge potential specially if your opponent comes at you first with Explo In nox combos. I have no skill at pvp whatsoever but i havnt died on my blue scribe yet. I'm currently building a pure alchy-mage and comparisons will follow. Also i didn't experiment with xplo potions on my scribe but i think it would be devastating. If your opponent attacks you first and you attack him too lets say you both do the explo/corp por combos. You will be hit with the energy bolt while he will be hit by both your and his explo, his energy bolt and your energy bolt. Then he will hit your explo pot. Like i said, huge potential but you need skill.

Voodoofloods

Wanderer

well im not a god by any means but i feel i have some skill at pvp, and im sure i will gain some using this dude

awbs

Knight

I run with an alchy/scribe most of the time, and it rocks. The juiced up Magic Reflection has its own obvious advantages on the field, as well as the Alchemy bonus. You can also make a lot of dough making kegs and scrolls/books on the side, so its a great standalone build.

As for actually training up, start with 50 Magery / 50 Scribe, and work on Inscription first. Then either a) Alchemy, then Resist/Magery (cheaper) or b) Resist/Magery, then Alchemy (train while making sellable/usable kegs, worth it). I use the second method, because it can help you pay your way.

yem

Knight

the eval/anat combo isn't really necessary in this build, get wrestling so you'll have the same chance at not getting disrupted and you'll also have offensive punches

your first three skills should be scribe/alchy/resist in any order you find right, I've had the hardest time training scribe in the past but it is a self sustaining skill(I just sell my scrolls back and with the -30% tax in glow and such I barely lose any money)

Winged;1588564 said:
I have a scribe mage and let me tell you, you need some skill but they have huge potential specially if your opponent comes at you first with Explo In nox combos. I have no skill at pvp whatsoever but i havnt died on my blue scribe yet. I'm currently building a pure alchy-mage and comparisons will follow. Also i didn't experiment with xplo potions on my scribe but i think it would be devastating. If your opponent attacks you first and you attack him too lets say you both do the explo/corp por combos. You will be hit with the energy bolt while he will be hit by both your and his explo, his energy bolt and your energy bolt. Then he will hit your explo pot. Like i said, huge potential but you need skill.

most people aren't going to approach you and just suddenly explo/ebolt you
you'll be expecting to see some mana drain or mind blast

the thing about scribe is you get 15 circles of magic reflect while a normal player gets only 8 so this will throw some players off. they'll think they have your reflect down when in fact you will still deflect 7 more circles(their explosion most likely). so you'll rarely be deflecting a whole explo/ebolt combo unless you're against someone not too great, but you'll still most likely have to take their reflect down as well

Smaklo

Wanderer

If youre relying on the explo nox drops and explo eb drops in real pvp matches youre shit out of luck..

Only novice pvpers will drop that first.. I def would not cling to scribe mage.

Remember one thing... you need a versatile fighter.. scribe mage works against most people that wont chug g heal/cure pots religiously and heal themselves too along with b aids.

Always build your char against the hardest builds out there... stun alchy, alchy dexxers and mage/tamers.

Once youre scribe is gone youre running 6x for a bit... althought you have stun you will NOT beable to drop anyone that g heal pots/cures/ b aids and g heal wands all at once. You need alchy.. thats what this shard has come down to.

Really.. do 50 alch/50 scribe (or however much until you can reflect 2 6th levels [I cant remember if you can do that at gm magery gm scribe but if you cna get that much]) and gm wrestling..

Stun will save you and kill for you and alchy is the wild card bonus 20dmg thrown in ever 3-4 seconds.

Winged

Wanderer

Scribe mages can also throw potions. Only GM alchemy will give you the damage bonus. You have a point when you said that he'll be running 6x after reflect is down though and that's why on OSI inscripting had a very small damage bonus too.

yem

Knight

Smaklo;1588584 said:
If youre relying on the explo nox drops and explo eb drops in real pvp matches youre shit out of luck..

Only novice pvpers will drop that first.. I def would not cling to scribe mage.

Remember one thing... you need a versatile fighter.. scribe mage works against most people that wont chug g heal/cure pots religiously and heal themselves too along with b aids.

Always build your char against the hardest builds out there... stun alchy, alchy dexxers and mage/tamers.

Once youre scribe is gone youre running 6x for a bit... althought you have stun you will NOT beable to drop anyone that g heal pots/cures/ b aids and g heal wands all at once. You need alchy.. thats what this shard has come down to.

Really.. do 50 alch/50 scribe (or however much until you can reflect 2 6th levels [I cant remember if you can do that at gm magery gm scribe but if you cna get that much]) and gm wrestling..

Stun will save you and kill for you and alchy is the wild card bonus 20dmg thrown in ever 3-4 seconds.

1 + (Magery + Inscription) /100) x 7 = circles of reflection

an alchemist will do 1 extra point of damage per 10 skill points with explos. 10 extra points of damage at GM

Smaklo

Wanderer

yem;1588592 said:
1 + (Magery + Inscription) /100) x 7 = circles of reflection

an alchemist will do 1 extra point of damage per 10 skill points with explos. 10 extra points of damage at GM

if the system rounds up 50 inscribe gets 12 circles if not

do

57 inscribe
50 alchem
100 magery
100 ant
100 wrestling
100 eval int
100 resist
93 med

Smaklo

Wanderer

Winged;1588595 said:
Who will win 1vs1? alchemist mage or scribe mage? Both with explosion potions.

Comes down to skill too many variables..
yet Im still willing to bet cash that an explo mage would win.

Winged

Wanderer

What bothers me the most is the skill is harder than alchemy hands down (done both so i know my sh*t) but it's only useful maybe 30 seconds of a fight whereas alchemy is usefull the whole fight. Maybe i'm missing something but other than in the initial 30 seconds you are 6x. Even a 1 damage bonus would be something cool so scribes can at least compete with the 10 bonus damage alchemists have.

Smaklo

Wanderer

Winged;1588621 said:
What bothers me the most is the skill is harder than alchemy hands down (done both so i know my sh*t) but it's only useful maybe 30 seconds of a fight whereas alchemy is usefull the whole fight. Maybe i'm missing something but other than in the initial 30 seconds you are 6x. Even a 1 damage bonus would be something cool so scribes can at least compete with the 10 bonus damage alchemists have.

lol

(Pictures inscribe bonus.... explo eb = approx 86 dmg and explo pot + approx 30.. OWNAGE hahaha)